why not

no neons why dont someone build a Pt cruser they make them standerd and they are the same basic set up as a neon with a bigger motor

they are fast huh wierd well i was just curios did not see anything speacial in them and know there are like 122,222,222 of them out there.

From what I've been told the Neons have a suspension setup that will out perform any other car in its class. All stock too.
Thats true to a point ...neon will can give you the low down on em .he did very well with his neon..

but cant beleive everything he would say ..he had that secret box bolted to the frame rail ........lol.....i think the wheel base played a good part ...that car he had handled purty darn good ...gear ratio was not to bad either ......overall that car looked to have a good balance plus the driver wasnt bad either ..have to give mr smooth some credit....jesse didnt mention anything he saw special when lifting the back wheels off the ground lap after lap in a tps race at cc ...probably cuz the back bumper was parked on his hood blocking the view ..or he was laughing to hard to care ...

I think the ban on neons is more of a nation wide thing. My best guess is back when stock fwd racing started neons did quite well and got banned at some tracks and as time went on rules got passed from one track to the next they got hung out to dry. Its really to bad because there are a bazillion of those things out there and they are cheap.

I cant really point out one particular thing that neons have that sets them apart from the rest. More likely its a combination of things that makes them preform so well. Good power, relatively light weight, a nice softly sprung suspension with lots of travel.

2000 and up has single overhead cam with 4 valves per cylinder. They have no lifters. They have shaft mounted rocker arms with a roller that rides on the cam and if you can kick out the rev limiter you could really wind them as long as the valve don't float.

2000 and up has single overhead cam with 4 valves per cylinder. They have no lifters. They have shaft mounted rocker arms with a roller that rides on the cam and if you can kick out the rev limiter you could really wind them as long as the valve don't float.

much as i hate them i like not floatin valves ha ha thanks all

From what I've been told the Neons have a suspension setup that will out perform any other car in its class. All stock too.
Thats true to a point ...neon will can give you the low down on em .he did very well with his neon..

but cant beleive everything he would say ..he had that secret box bolted to the frame rail ........lol.....i think the wheel base played a good part ...that car he had handled purty darn good ...gear ratio was not to bad either ......overall that car looked to have a good balance plus the driver wasnt bad either ..have to give mr smooth some credit....jesse didnt mention anything he saw special when lifting the back wheels off the ground lap after lap in a tps race at cc ...probably cuz the back bumper was parked on his hood blocking the view ..or he was laughing to hard to care ...

All I have to say about that TPS race is if I would have let off the gas it would have been really bad! But I was hammer down! Man that was a fun race and yes I had my hands full. And Jessie enjoyed every bit of it I am sure. Good times that I will never forget. In fact I miss it really bad.

as far a the secret box bolted to the frame rail. The sticker "Caution Cheater Box" worked quit well when it cam to tech time.

you know I dont want to get all sentimental and crap, but I think me and Jessie started racing the same year. He had a chevy and I had a ford which is kind of funny. We raced the crap out of each other. I had a great time!

you know I dont want to get all sentimental and crap, but I think me and Jessie started racing the same year. He had a chevy and I had a ford which is kind of funny. We raced the crap out of each other. I had a great time!

YEP I THINK SO ..YOU HAD A PINTO ..I LOOKED OVER SAW THIS 30 POUND DRIVER .AND THOUGHT HE WONT LAST LONG ....INJOYED YOU ALL THOSE YEARS ....CHAMP....

Archived