Frontrunners?

Do you guys run these little 4 banger fwd cars at every event? Also, where can I find the rules for this class? Didn't see them on the thunder hill site. It looks like they're just bone stock, gutted, basic cage, and a fire bottle. I've got a 90 celica I'd like to come run out there.

Itll probably actually be overkill. I've caged quite a few cars and been in a few wrecks. Very aware of the importance of proper safety gear. Can't wait, this is gonna be fun! Starting on it tomorrow.

Reading the rules. Can I remove the drivers side inner door skin and power window assembly to get my door bars out away from me? It kinda seems like a no brained but I don't want to get this thing all welded up and then find out I have to change it.

Lots of views, no answer. Anyone? I'm gonna start welding on this think in the morning.

one thing is for sure .if i cant get the door bars away from the driver and rules wont let you cut the door panel enough to do so ...l ..then i dont build the car ...i see a few frontrunners with strieght bars on the driver side ...i wont race one of those ..unless you can add one curved bar exstended into the door panel ..

I think I'm gonna make a call out there just to verify before I weld the door bars. Seems like it should be fine to trim the skin, it's a safety issue. I watched the 36 car get hit pretty good last Saturday. I'd hate to get hit like that in the door with the bars against my elbow/knee.

Ryan,

It's great to hear that you're putting together a new Mini Stock. Please contact Jack Sandefur, who is our Technical Director, to clarify any of the technical rules. You can reach him at 512-281-5489.

• 1 year later...

Archived