pure stock class

Westracing

Thats what a "sport mod" is, a pure stock with a modified cage and body on it. The price isn't a whole lot difference even though drivers or owners want $10,000 for a sport mod just because it's a "sport mod". Crazy and funny about how alike they are in many ways.

Thats what a "sport mod" is, a pure stock with a modified cage and body on it. The price isn't a whole lot difference even though drivers or owners want $10,000 for a sport mod just because it's a "sport mod". Crazy and funny about how alike they are in many ways.

yea , 10,000 for a roller, if u want to be in the front

Seems like you sure know alot about sportmods...what car do you race????

The two are completely different. few examples: weight jacks/ shocks, headers, motor location, brake bias, beed-locks, etc. call me crazy, but that is a lot more. That is just off the top of my head. Besides I know I cant get a sportmod roller and put a purestock body on it and be LEGAL/LEGIT for sure.

he's right, they both have four tires, a steering wheel and a drivetrain...

I WILL SAY THIS IF A PERSON IS BEGINING AND TRYING TO RACE I AM SURE THEY ARE THINKING OMG THEY ARE CHEATING BECAUSE I AM TRYING MY BEST AND MY BEST IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH :blink: BUT EVENTUALLY YOU WIL LSTART TO FIND WHAT MAKES YOUR CAR FASTER AND FASTER IS TO WATCH WHAT THEY (THE FRONT OF THE PACK) ARE DOING VID TAPE THE RACES AND NOT JUST YOU ;) WATCH THEM AND LOOK AT THERE CARS :huh: THE WHEEL OFF SETS THE TYPE OF CAR HOW THERE TIRES LOOK ETC YOU WILL GET THERE IT JUST TAKES TIME JMO ;)

If I may throw my 2 cents in...I didnt finish 1 race my rookie season.. too many engine issues. I never once said it was others cheating. But I learned step by step. advice by advice. I have been asked about our car many times. Its really simple..if you wanna race in a class...make your stuff legal to the tee and give it all you got. learn from the faster cars like greg said but Stop worrying about the other cars. I went through this when we first brought our car out because its a true dirt limited latemodel. Cant help it. Its what we bought. Everyone else for the most part has old asphalt cars. Completely different. But they have done thier homework and they are fast. And none of them in our class has said anything negative in the regards to our car being an advantage. Some people have said that i have an advantage because of the type of car I have....Its simple..if you race on dirt...either learn and make what you got or can afford to work for ya or buy a dirt car. But that choice is yours...not the next guys. This is what takes fun out of racing. Greg could take a briggs and straton run like a 454 because he knows his stuff. AJ Dancer has an el camino that only needs three tires but probly weighs more than the others, he knows his stuff. Point is.... check yourself before you check others. Rome wasnt built overnight and neither was a fast racecar. JMO. ;)

Yeah i do actually. Pretty sure at one point i taught you how to do brake work!

Some similar parts:

10 bolt rear

auto trans or saginaw

stock location suspension

full stock metric frame

and so on

What kind of imca legal sport mod you race then Johnny? This kind? Oh ok.

Yeah i do actually. Pretty sure at one point i taught you how to do brake work!

Some similar parts:

10 bolt rear

auto trans or saginaw

stock location suspension

full stock metric frame

and so on

What kind of imca legal sport mod you race then Johnny? This kind? Oh ok.

WAY Different,,Roll Cage and location,Stock Suspension,Full Stock Metric Frame,And Johnny has been checked more times then you have raced, and been found correct within the rules 100% of the time...Even at NATIONAL events where they dont play around....And i think i know who taught him BRAKE WORK,ME!!!!Now you want to go into those STOCK AUTO TRANS and there converters...Frank Torres

If you have a sport mod that is somewhat anything like a pure stock well its very very old and very very slow. My neghbor has a pit bull and I have a winnie dog. Both 4 legged animals I guess but nothing close to the same animal except his pile of crap is bigger then my dogs pile of crap!

Now that just happened!!.. Epic way to put it Robert!

Either way, sport mods are a great class to race in. They are faster cause they are lighter. I'm not bashing the class, just saying they are similar is all. Calm down people. Jeezzz. Over the years they are getting faster cause of rule changes, but in my opinion, the foundation of the car isn't that far off. Some of you guys race them so thanks for correcting me if i'm way off on this. I dont know how we got on a dog subject but ok, and i would never compair my dogs crap to my neighbors, kinda creepy. LOL.

Yea I'll second that Jhonny!!!!

Ok it's dropped. I'm wrong. Gosh, i was just giving my opinion on sportmods and didn't say i was right. I like the class. Didn't think it would offend someones car. WOW. Sorry if anyone got hurt.

If you have a sport mod that is somewhat anything like a pure stock well its very very old and very very slow. My neghbor has a pit bull and I have a winnie dog. Both 4 legged animals I guess but nothing close to the same animal except his pile of crap is bigger then my dogs pile of crap!

Now that's just funny!!!

Actually Julie, The pic was posted in response to the direction this thread was taking at the time.....Down the crapper!!!...LOL

As far as rules.....IMCA's Southern Sportmod rules are pretty crystal clear....They can be easily be found on the IMCA website....The Pure Stocks run by track rules, which I don't try to keep up with since I go to many tracks(dirt/paved/drag)

This is my first season racing ever and i jumped head first into a limited late model. This is a fast and aggressive class which has rules also. I ran straight into turn fours wall my first night , got run off my second night and got hit headon on the third night. You learn from the mistakes , TRACK CONDITIONS , and to feel the car. I thought there where people cheating my first night but now those cars that were flying bast me are sometimes finishing behind me. Racing isn't for everyone especially those who wont to quit if they dont win. only one person wins in the end of the race everyone else loses and thats a fact you have to live with and get over or get out. Thats why ill be giving her hell again on the 4th of june. hope to see everyone there.

This is my first season racing ever and i jumped head first into a limited late model. This is a fast and aggressive class which has rules also. I ran straight into turn fours wall my first night , got run off my second night and got hit headon on the third night. You learn from the mistakes , TRACK CONDITIONS , and to feel the car. I thought there where people cheating my first night but now those cars that were flying bast me are sometimes finishing behind me. Racing isn't for everyone especially those who wont to quit if they dont win. only one person wins in the end of the race everyone else loses and thats a fact you have to live with and get over or get out. Thats why ill be giving her hell again on the 4th of june. hope to see everyone there.

I feel you pain, done that in purestock this year

Archived