pure stock class

Westracing

Pure stock cars should be just that, its hard for a legit car to win in this class

sounds like you have a b igger issue with the name of the class than the rules. There is nothing stock about a stock car. LOL

I wanted to clarify a bit. After reading my post it sounded like it couldf be taken as me being a smarta$$. Not my intentions. There are many things that can be done that change the durability of car/ engine/ suspension, etc. No matter what you race, YOU will spend money and time if you want to be competitive. The rules are there for guidelines. You can protest a car from what I understand, but be sure to read the rules so you know what to protest. Its not about breaking the rules, but to find the "GREY "area. Im not competitive. Hell, Ive only been able to finish one race without something breaking, but cant have socialized racing.

Depends on what your version of legit car is... If its built to the rules as they are written then thats legit. Just trying to get by with a car that is basically stock is going to relegate you to the middle of the pack... If you think someone is cheating or skating on the rules there is a $500 protest. The guys that do well are the one's that do their homework and get the most out of the rules. The guys n girls up front have done their homework and constantly work on their car not just set it in the weeds Sun-Fri... ie 99 9s 96 94 7x 88... Just sayin...

Very very few winning drivers that win consistantly need to cheat. However you would be surprised how many drivers trying to catch them feel they have to cheat to run with them! My advise is nothing comes easy and nothing doesnt come without some kind of costs. The costs come in time, sacrifice and sweat. Without all of them you will not beat those that are and have paid the price because they are only getting better! If it was easy everyone would be doing it...

One last note. If you need help or advice try asking some of those front runners before you start accusations. They wont give you there set up, but they will help. Marc even helped get me pointed in the right direction after I plowed the back of his car at the shootout. Thanks again and sorry Marc.

Pure stock cars should be just that, its hard for a legit car to win in this class

Marc's #24 purestock is for sale @ a very reasonable price. He won back to back championships with it and it passed tech everytime so it's "legit".

One last note. If you need help or advice try asking some of those front runners before you start accusations. They wont give you there set up, but they will help. Marc even helped get me pointed in the right direction after I plowed the back of his car at the shootout. Thanks again and sorry Marc.

Well I'm just saying if you read the rules a lot of the cars are not built to the rules and tech over looks it. Why have rules if they are not going enforce them.

Well I'm just saying if you read the rules a lot of the cars are not built to the rules and tech over looks it. Why have rules if they are not going enforce them.

Example:????

This may be one of those threads that gets started when someone has a bone to pick with the track. If so, may I suggest, as cletus15 did, that you take up whatever issues you might have with the track rather than stirring the pot here on Lone Star Speedzone.

Sometimes, however, rules discussions are healthy and good ideas/suggestions can come from them. I'll keep my eye on this one to see what direction it takes.

Nick

Westracing, I don't know who you are but if you would like to help with tech let me know.

IF you are stuck on the word pure then take your car to every other track in south texas and run with their pure stocks, those guys & gals will gladly show you how to drive and gladly take your tow money.

Many of our best drivers have gone and ran at other tracks, very few have won not due to skill but out cared

This is a big problem that local short tracks have to deal with, it is easier to bit_h than it is to do your homework or take driving lessons.

The one or two cars you are crying about are damn good drivers, if you would like to stand in my shoes I will be happy to teach you where these drivers make-up a lot of time. It is not in the front fenders.

Eric Knudtson

Ahh its ok... Water under the bridge... Didn't think twice on helping anyone get a better handle on their car. Makes em easier to dodge haha...

Was selling the car though deals fell though may just have to see how 'legit' my car is nowadays...lol... Prob would help to get it off the trailer first tho...

Ahh its ok... Water under the bridge... Didn't think twice on helping anyone get a better handle on their car. Makes em easier to dodge haha...

Was selling the car though deals fell though may just have to see how 'legit' my car is nowadays...lol... Prob would help to get it off the trailer first tho...

Ill trade you!! LMAO. Lots of good drivers out there. Gave mine a small facelift so it wouldn't be target. haha.

Westracing,

Don't hate the player, hate the game. you need to remember racing is cheap winning is expensive, there is plenty of legit cars out there, they just have the best of parts money can buy, dam good set ups and can wheel a car. usually a person with no experence and or no money running in a class always thinks the faster cars are cheating, and you will usually find them around the tech pad wispering "hope they get DQed". not the case they just do their homework or step down to a lower class.

Sorry no offense, but stop pointing and blaming and do your home work or maybe consider driving a lower class if 1 or more of the above apply to you.

Charles Earnhardt.

i think the only unfair advantage is guys who win or place in the top 5 for three or more years consistently should have to move up a class!jmo

Forcing someone to "move up" is usually a bad idea. Most people already race one-level above what their financial situation calls, so forcing them to move up amounts to kicking them out.

Nick

Maybe it's the terminology this gentleman has a problem with?

What's in a name anyway?....I mean take a look at what Texana/Shady Oaks "Bombers" were and what they've morphed into....

If he really wants to see out-of-kilter class names he should try Heart o Texas(Waco) and check out their Super Pure Stocks or Street Late Models....

I WILL SAY THIS IF A PERSON IS BEGINING AND TRYING TO RACE I AM SURE THEY ARE THINKING OMG THEY ARE CHEATING BECAUSE I AM TRYING MY BEST AND MY BEST IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH :blink: BUT EVENTUALLY YOU WIL LSTART TO FIND WHAT MAKES YOUR CAR FASTER AND FASTER IS TO WATCH WHAT THEY (THE FRONT OF THE PACK) ARE DOING VID TAPE THE RACES AND NOT JUST YOU ;) WATCH THEM AND LOOK AT THERE CARS :huh: THE WHEEL OFF SETS THE TYPE OF CAR HOW THERE TIRES LOOK ETC YOU WILL GET THERE IT JUST TAKES TIME JMO ;)

i own a pure stock and 2 sport mods and pure stock isnt alot cheaper-and the mods are alot easier to work on!

Ray,

I totally agree. I put my kid in that class so he can learn one year and move up to sport mod when he's 14. Took an old CC Bomber and made it a pure stock and He runs my old tires to save money. I've got a new car to put together for him but I can't justify the cost and time vs. a sports mod.

Reb,

The biggest complaint is the rules say stock body but the track decided to allow aftermarket. It dosen't matter to me because I like the stock look and know there's not much advantage but the unwritten rules are what kill these types of classes. What others are there? That's why IMCA has survived, there are no unwritten rules and there the same at every track. Can't wait until he's 14 so we can get a license.

Archived