LETS GO HOOLIGAN

GOBABYGO

GO BABY GO .. PUT THAT WIRE BACK ON ..YOU WANT TO RACE AGAINST JESSE ....SHOW UP AT STS NEXT SATERDAY ....LOOKS LIKE THATS WHERE WE ARE HEADED WITH OUR CARS ...JOSH WILL FINALY GET TO RACE HIM ...WHICH IS WHY WE BUILT THE CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE .HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET HIM BACK IN THE FRONT RUNNERS AT CC ....

CAN NOT PROMISE THE DIRT TRACK THIS WEEKEND HAVE A LOT TO GET DONE AND CRAZYS KART NEEDS DONE BUT JESSE AS FRONT RUNNER AT CC YES COME ON WE HAVE A CHANCE TO HAVE A FEW COMPETITIVE CARS OUT THERE AND GET THIS GOING FOR DAN AND CC SPEEDWAY. I WAS NOT MUCH ON ASPHAULT BUT I TOTALLY WANT TO HELP GET THIS GOING AND HELP DAN KICK A$$ WITH THIS TRACK. THINK IT IS AWESOME THE WAY HE DOES THINGS. I GAVE TWO INTEGRAS WITH TORE APART MOTORS AND NEED PUT TOGETHER. HAVE SOME MONEY TIED UP IN THEM BUT IF SOMEONE WILL PUT TOGETHER AND MAKE A SOLID FRONT RUNNER THEN LETS HELP BUILD THESE TO KEEP UP THE MOVING FOWARD.

CHAR POW

well its up to the manager to let jesse run ....with a couple of more really good frontrunners .he cant win em all ......besides i know some poeple who would build some but with jesse moved out ..they changed thier mind ......he is the reason for our car and yours.. you and joshua wanted the bragging rights when you finaly beat him ...aint going to happen with him moved up .....or at some other track ..seeing you are a dirt boy ..you have the upper hand ..looked at jesse,s right front tire .in two nights its junk..trying to keep up with the jones in thunders wears em out ...thats all he can do ....when those other cars get thier act together ..he will be a back marker ....

WELL ONE THING ABOUT ME IS I NEVER HAVE THE UPPER HAND. HA NEVER RAN FRONT WHEEL DRIVE ON DIRT EITHER. I DONT MUCH GIVE ABOUT ALL THE CRAP AND BLA BLA JUST WANT TO RUN. AND AFFORD TO HAVE FUN SO THIS IS KINDA WORKIN OUT. IF IT CANT JUST BE FUN RACING I DONT MUCH NEED TO WORRY ABOUT IT, JUST KEEP CRAZE GOING IN IT IN THAT CASE, SEE HOW RACING GOES IN HER GENERATION

That is good to have a starter class for the Thunders. The only thing

is if I wanted a Texas Thunder I would build one. I have a

Frontrunner so I don't have to spent money.

I was MOVED UP ,not by choice. I built a car to be able to

race with my son. SO MUCH FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!

I have four cars to keep up with. Thanks to Mike McCain for all

his help. And his son is now driving a car. So between the two of us

we have FIVE CARS TO KEEP UP WITH...........

Understand that I am not in favor of moving someone out of any class.I know too well how this works.But how would you guys feel if he was allowed back in and his car was claimed? If I was running in that class and being beat all the time I would claim the car that was beating me.That what kept the thunder cars in check for so many years,the threat of being claimed.You see what happened when our car claim was removed.I was about to clain the engine from the car that was beating me so badly last year.Seemed like a good deal at 1200 bucks.If it were a VW it would have happened.

Bear in mind the track will do what is necessary to insure growth.Eather by claiming or by moving people up.In McAllen it was funny to watch someone with a dominate car run way out front until the last lap,then finish 5th out of the claim.

Our program was ruined because our promoter at the time started moving people out of thunders baised on performance rather than experience.Politics.My 7 cars were all winners because they came prepaired on Sat nite.The people who complained brought junk and whined. ( sounds faminiar )Eventually all 7 were removed and quit racing because there was no option for them.The cars were sold or junked.The class died.Ironically they asked me to run thunders again.I had a car so I did.The class built up again and I was removed again.So I understand Jessies feelings more than most.

Mike,you want to race your son,go for it.But if your car is dominate,give up some wins.Make the race look good each time.That is the show the track sells.Believe me the claim rule hurts less that removal,if there is a trade option.But if any car in any class wins everything every time something will be done.Options include a bounty,claim,rule changes,or removal.The oddest option I have seen was removing my brother from the hobbie class at RGS by saying top 5 in modifieds could not run hobbies.And that was a full blown race class.

I hate a driver being removed because of performance but at least at CC Speedway there is a place to move to.That was my whole point.Maybe Jesse can offer to use a different car to get re-instated.

BTW,Mike if your son is doing well with a car with problems,imagine how well he will be if you fix it.Maybe the nezt dominator might not have it so easy.

The only thing I see wrong with claiming the car like you say you would have done to Cody last year is that its teaching the others to go out there and claim other peoples cars because they cant beat them. Is that how the whole claim thing is supposed to work GB? You always preach how much of a handling track CC is but when someone came along with a motor and a car that could handle you couldnt touch him and said you would claim the car. Not trying to bash you in anyway but what is that showing other people in the class if you want to claim a car because you cant beat it? JMO

The whole reason we built my car was to race against Jesse this year and see how well I could do against him. If I didnt want to see how well I could do against him I probably would have been still racing my bomber that i drove a couple times last year. When we started running the frontrunner 2 weeks ago the front end was junk and its still not that much better. I believe I, aswell as GOBABYGO, and any of the track cars can run with and beat Jesse. The problem with some people in that class is they dont work on their cars they just take them home or leave them at the track come back next Saturday and run them without trying to make them better. I know it is a beginner class, but they're are still things you can do to make the car better.

Most of the time when I was working with the Super Late Models, it was at San Antonio Speedway, Texas World Speedway, Monterrey or Austin, but I did get a chance to work with Rick Rapp as we tweaked his SLM at CC Speedway. I also worked with the Anthony Jetter SAAB at CC Speedway (FWD) and at least two RWD TPS cars that ran there a few years back. Based on that experience, I can assure you that CC Speedway is a handling track.

All this talk about engines, particularly 4-cylinder engines, being the deciding factor at CC Speedway is simply hogwash unless one engine has 30-40 more HP than the rest. I doubt very much that a VW has more HP than some of the Fords I am aware of that run at CC.

I have offered on several occasions to hold a suspension seminar for the teams racing at CC Speedway, but each time only two or three folks respond to my offer. I'm not talking about you guys having to drive to San Antonio or Houston or Kyle to attend. I'm talking about me driving from SA to CC to hold the seminar sessions. I don't know what you've heard about the racing suspension seminars, but I can tell you this - many of the teams that attend the seminar and apply what they learn end up running up front.

And I'm not talking about SLM's here either. I'm talking Super Stocks, Thunder Stocks, Mini Stocks, Modifieds, SportMods, Legacys and even beginner (totally stock) classes. I won't even get into Big Bar/soft spring technology, just conventional setups.

So.... I will be honored to offer this seminar starting two weeks from today, Tuesday May 10th, and continuing every Tuesday night for a total of five weeks. It would run from 7 p.m. until 10 p.m. to give guys plenty of time to get off work, grab a bite to eat and show up wherever I can find a spot to hold the seminar sessions.

The cost for the seminar is $300 per person. If the crew chief comes with the driver, the crew chief is $150 instead of $300. To reserve a place I will need the full amount prior to the first class session. In order to make up a class, I will need 10 paid registrations, but I will keep the number of students below 20.

Let me know via PM or email me at nick.lssz@gmail.com if you would like to attend or have questions.

Nick

The racers at Corpus have less money in their cars than the $300.00 to go to the seminar. The drivers just want to complain. It has been like that forever and will not change. If they (the Whiners) would spend the amount of time and energy working on their car, they could have a Sprint Cup Car. The drivers need to spend time trying new things to make their cars faster and quit worrying how to slow down the fast cars. Over the years the people that run up front spend the time preparing their cars. If you just want to add gas and race that is fine, but do not bash the people that work and study their cars. As a smart person once said it is just racing. If you do not like it go get another hobby.

The racers at Corpus have less money in their cars than the $300.00 to go to the seminar. The drivers just want to complain. It has been like that forever and will not change. If they (the Whiners) would spend the amount of time and energy working on their car, they could have a Sprint Cup Car. The drivers need to spend time trying new things to make their cars faster and quit worrying how to slow down the fast cars. Over the years the people that run up front spend the time preparing their cars. If you just want to add gas and race that is fine, but do not bash the people that work and study their cars. As a smart person once said it is just racing. If you do not like it go get another hobby.

The rules have changed from the last two years in the thunders and now its just helping someone dominate the class after that persons first night. That is what that driver wants to happen so he can get the easy money. Now that front wheel drive car is pretty much going to dominate the class because the rules are in his favor and in favor of a FWD. If you were at the races this past weekend he dominated once he got out in front. If the rules arent equal how is it going to be fair for a RWD to be able to run with that car. I have nothing against GB but thats how the class always ends up for him. In his favor. If he dominates the class this year is he going to be deemed to fast for the class or what? Will he have to move up?

Anyways this thread was about Frontrunners not the Tx. Thunders. Jesse got moved up after the first heat race of the year. Neither my car nor the 9 car were out there that weekend and never had a chance to prove anything against him or his car. The second night of the season we both had the chance to race against that car and had almost identical lap times even though it was a rookie driving the car. That should prove right there that its not the car that makes the driver, its the driver that makes the car.

Archived