2011 Street Stock Shootout of South Texas

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure shaping up to be some fine fender car competition in this series. Haven't seen a series like this since the historic TOBA sereis... I'm thinking I sure better sharpen up my personal drivings skills so I can make at least one of the A-mains... :unsure:

-Monty

Each passing week more and more info is posted. Please refer to drivers list and the sponsors as both have been growing.

Our next sponsor to step up to support the 2011 South Texas Street Stock Shootout is Streakin' F Helicopters, L.L.C.

I personally want to thank c/o Josh Fromme for jumping on board. Again it takes all kinds of help and support to bring a show to differerent tracks. Any and everything is appreciated espicially during theses times where alittle adds up to being alot. Please pass the word and if you have any interests contact myself or Monty Chamberlain.

Picked up two more sponsors today for the Street Stock Shootout of South Texas!!!!

First, we picked up Auto Repair Unlimited & JTC Motors from Angleton Texas. This company is a full service automotive repair company owned by Mr. Jesse Manning who is the driver of the #76 Modified at Texana Raceway Park and Jesse also a regular competitor in USMTS events. We've received a commitment at a minimum of $200.

Second, we have Allgayer, Inc. This company is an Oilfield Rig Hauling company based in El Campo Texas. The company is owned by Mr. Jeff Allgayer who pilots the #11 Limited Modified at Texana Raceway Park and Shady Oaks Speedway. The amount is to be determine, and I will be discussing with Jeff no later than this weekend to see if it is pinned down.

A huge thank you to both of these companies for signing on to this exciting shootout!!! We are proud to have both companies signing on.

• 3 weeks later...
Received registration forms and entry fees from Bobby Jack, Stephan Danielsen, and Robert Danielsen.

Also, received sponsorship money in hand from Treasure Island Fantasy Sports and Texas Hill Country Home Renovations.

Also collected registration form and fee from Jason Fox at Texana. Jason is the 21x.

Stephan, please add Jason to the list of drivers on the first page of the thread. Thx.

Anyone have the number of cars registered?

Eight (8) paid and completed registrations received as of the moment. I know there will be a push near the end of this month and many will roll in at that point.

Side note as we follow the sponsor commitments, we have basically met our funding goal of $2k with the sponsorship commitments and the for sure registrations we expect. Additiionally, Stephan has some sponsors doing product sponsorship which is also awesome. Some good stuff from what I'm hearing. FYI for everyone, you can keep up with the sponsorship updates on the first page of this thread as Stephan is updating that as things change. We are both very thankful to the sponsors, host tracks and the drivers registering. Stephan set us a goal and we are overwhelmed with how it took off and the fact that we have commitments now to basically secure our goal.

We will be collecting all of the sponsorship funds we can this month, and would like to get all of the paid registrations we can in this month so we can get a good handle on the overall funds and work forward from that. Please encourage others you know who will run the series to get their money in sooner than later if they can. Our goal is still to try and take the series funds awards deeper to additional positions.

Finally, this series that Stephan has crafted is "A Series by Racers for Racers". Thank you to everyone who has jumped on this deal.

Anyone have the number of cars registered?

Oops. Sorry, Wade. We actually have 10 paid registrations in hand. I got back home this evening and counted them. I also have a registration form for a driver still trying to get his car together that is not paid just yet...

We have yet another driver stepping up with a gift certificate worth $250.00 for a car that gets torn up in one of the three races. Aaron Leddy of CNC Graphix is sponsoring a graphics package and it could be awarded at any time at any race. In the event it is not awarded because of no torn up cars then Aaron would have it awarded to the last place points finisher that participated in all three races.

Points Fund Goal of $2000 for the top 5 drivers has been met. We are now adding as sponsorship comes in to positions 6 - 10. 6th place already has $50. Also we are contemplating what and how we are handling the products offered up. So far we have product sponsorships from Spreen Racing Engines and Swenson Racing Chassis. These will be parts that anyone participate could use. Some ideas have come in about auctioning them off at the 3rd and final race. We have had ideas of selling tickets to the participating drivers and drawing the winning tickets. Either way both ideas introduce additional funds to the points funds and put great products in the hands of drivers that can use them.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok time to bring on some more good news. Gary and Chris Swenson with Swenson Racing Chassis wants to award (3) gift certificates. (1) will be awarded each race to the hard charger of each main event. The driver that passes the most cars will win. It will be calculated from where you start the race to where you finish the race. Getting a flat tire or wreck and having to go to the back will not be kept up with. In the event multiple drivers pass the same amount of cars the tiebreaker will be awarded to the driver that started in the worst position. The certificate is good for (1) Hoosier G60 racing tire or $100 towards a Hoosier Dirt Boss Racing Tire which ever the winning driver desires. Each of the 3 races will have a certificate awarded. Thanks Gary and Chris and more to come!

Archived