2011 Street Stock Shootout of South Texas

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over a broad selection of racetracks really only a couple things stick out over what the 3 tracks are running. Size of clutch and weight seem to be the two big areas that I have seen but everything else seems real close if not dead on. But that depends if drivers are running those real small clutches and very little weight.

All 3 dates are confirmed with all three tracks. Track registration has been waived for anyone in street stock that is participating in the three races and has not already registered with the track. You still have a $30 one time entry fee to participate in the Top 10 points championship.

One of the complaints with the big end of the year races and big race car count, is no car counters. Its frustrating being in a big race and working your way up through the pack to have cars that pulled off for several laps to remove a fender or change a flat (not under a yellow) . Come back on and finish ahead of lots of cars that never left the race.

Well that is simply short track racing, its sucks to have a driver be awarded something he didnt earn but most tracks dont have transponders to help the officials. Usually two people are working together to keep track of the lineup/results but its certainly not a perfected art. Flusterating yes absolutely. We are fortunate that one of the three tracks has transponders but in due time I bet the other tracks will to.

for the sake of keeping the pot stirred...remember I can't make the races...but someone else might...I blew up my 383 sunday at boyd so i am now running the limited cubic inch motor (355) with a 500 carb....now could someone run?

for the sake of keeping the pot stirred...remember I can't make the races...but someone else might...I blew up my 383 sunday at boyd so i am now running the limited cubic inch motor (355) with a 500 carb....now could someone run?

Well just to play along what size clutch do you have and how much does it weight? Is it a flat top motor?

We currently have $750 is verbals.

One of those verbals is now delivered cash of $100.. ;) . The $100 sponsorship from Lauren Chamberlain & CK Racing is now delievered and in the envelope along with the three paid entry forms from Monty Chamberlain, Chris Shafer and Brian King..... And, I'm checking the mail each day for entry forms. Sure looking forward to this series..

Thanks for asking. Yes. We got about a month to go before we start advertising these races to the public and flyiers will be part of the advertising. All sponsors will be listed on it. Also we will hand the announcers.a list of the sponsors and all three tracks have great announcers so we will be taken care of there a well. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for the interest.

Stephan and I have been talking and discussing our goals for the month of May in relation to the Shootout. While it may be a lofty goal, we'd like to receive as many paid competitor registrations as possible in the month of May, secure additional sponsors during the month of May, and receive as many paid sponsorships as possible,

Our hope, by the end of May, is to have a secure handle on the $2k to firm up the 1st - 5th series funding, and then we can begin focusing on what ability we have to firm up funding for building additions from 6th - 10th in the series. As of this writing, there are 19 verbal competitor commitments on this thread and four of those are paid (AJ Dancer, Monty Chamberlain, Chris Shafer and Brian King). Remember, the competitor registration form is available on this thread. if you have trouble pulling it, send me a PM and provide your email address and I will email it to you. It would sure be good if we could get this up to 25 for the series component which would make for some awesome races when combined with the track competitors at a host facility who may not be running in the series. Also, we'd sure would like to see some STS shoes join in.

Additionally a sponsor (Ross Welding) has paid . As we receive payments, I am separating competitors payments from sponsors, maintaining an accounting of each independently for anyone to inspect, and mailing receipts to each person. While this is a grass-roots development by racers for racers, we are very committed to strong accounting of the funds. Also, every chance you get, please thank the three tracks in advance who will be hosting these events.

Also I will work on a flyer for this event, which i will post on this thread some time in the month of May which can be downloaded by everyone and posted at your business or businesses you know who will allow posting and you can hand it out to friends.

We feel confident we can achieve our initial goal of $2k for the desired funding of 1st - 5th. We'd sure like to set our sights on the additional funding for 6th - 10th by the end of May, butas soon as we can shore the 1st - 5th up. This is going to be a very fun series blended in on a regular race night for each of the three host tracks. We appreciate how much interest this has generated and hope everyone will keep this at the forefront. Please let us know if you have any questions on the series itself.

-Monty

Quick note to let everyone know that I talked to Bruce (Texana owner) this morning, and he will be placing extra money in the purse for the August 27th series event at Texana Raceway Park. I don't have specific amounts at present, but it will be additional added by the track itself and it is always pretty noteworthy when he does that. Will share more later on specifics when I get them.

Additionally, Texana Raceway Park has signed on as a sponsor for the 2011 Street Stock Shootout of South Texas by offering $200 into the series points fund.

Stephan - Can you add this to your list of sponsor on this thread?

-Monty

Archived