2011 Street Stock Shootout of South Texas

As info gets confirmed and approved we will update the forum for each track. Last years Street Stock Two Track Challenge was such a hit we are putting together this years version which will be bigger and better then ever!

This year's event will be called, The 2011 Street Stock Shootout of South Texas. 3 races at 3 tracks - Shady Oaks Speedway - Texana Raceway Park - I37 Raceway. Your home track rules apply between the 3 tracks as well as Houston Hobby Stocks, South Tx Speedway Pure Stocks and will consider cars from outside those areas on a car by car basis. No mixing of rules allowed. Please note the majority of drivers are from the 3 tracks however we hope to bring in outsiders but we will not put the drivers from the 3 tracks at a disadvantage. Example: True bad to the bone built I stocks that do not come close to the rule packages from these 3 tracks will not be allowed.

We are looking for sponsors that will help make up a points fund for the top 5 finishers in points. Drivers that decide to run all 3 events and race for the points championship must pay an entry fee of $30. Each $30 entry fee will go towards the points fund. Example: 10 registered cars will result in $300 in points fund and so on. To be eligible for points your entry fee must be paid in full by Race #1 drop of the green flag of first heat race.

Race #1 - July 23rd Shady Oaks Speedway - Goliad, Tx (Practice available for July 22nd)

Race #2 - Aug 27th Texana Raceway Park - Edna, Tx

Race #3 - Sept 17th I37 Raceway - Pleasanton, Tx (Champion to be determined)

All tracks have been contacted and are currently discussing details. So that means they are tenative until further notice.

Please note to all street stock drivers. You do not have to pay an entry fee to race in any of these three events. Should you decide to not pay an additional entry fee you simply wont be eligible for the point fund money no matter your finishing position. So again any street stock driver can pay the tracks normal pit pass and race as normal but your only racing for the track purse on those nights should you decide to not pay the additional $30 entry fee.

Ok ground work is just starting everyone. This is your race that these tracks are hosting for us! Which means all ideas and help are welcome. The more effort we all put forth the better each event will be. We have several months to get ready but it will be ontop of us soon so dont mess around! Last year lots of people, drivers, sponsors and both tracks stepped up and got heavily involved. Lets do it again but better! Currently the tracks will be running their normal purses unless sponsors add to those purses at each track or if the track itself decides to add to their own purse to promote more cars.

Your welcome to post questions, thoughts, ideas or you can contact Monty Chamberlain or Stephan Danielsen with a pm if need be.

If you plan to participate in these events please post your car #, name and home track.

Point System details to be released soon!

Sponsors List to be released soon!

Preentered Drivers List to be released soon!

Confirmation of dates to be updated soon!

Let the fun begin!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preentry Drivers List as of 6/26/11

#52 AJ Dancer - I37 Paid

#55 Lauren Chamberlain - Texana Racway Park Paid

#186 Robert Danielsen - I37 Paid

#149 Stephan Danielsen - I37 Paid

#41 Wade Jones - I37 Paid

#63 Chase Sanchez - Texana Raceway Park

#93 TBD - I37 Paid

#5 Rick Schroat - I37

#57 Danny Schroat - I37

#37t Todd Cook - I37

#99 Stan Eastty - I37

#19 Randy Seals - Battleground Speedway

#79x Bryan Feagin - Kennedale Speedway Park

#18 Shawn Moore - I37

#11 Shawn Kline - Shady Oaks Speedway

#35 Tony Blankenship - Shady Oaks Speedway

#77 Chris Shaffer - Texana Raceway Park Paid

#31 Brian King - Texana Raceway Park Paid

#89 Matt Farris - Shady Oaks Speedway

#88j Bobby Jack - South Texas Speedway Paid

#118 Anthony Gordon - I37 Raceway

#21x Jason Fox - Texana Raceway Park Paid

#23 David Bruns - Shady Oaks Speedway

#68 Alan Kunkel - Shady Oaks Speedway

Sponsor List as of 6/19/11 (Point Fund Money)

$400 - Dynamic Race Craft

$200 - Texana Raceway Park

$200 - Auto Repair Unlimited & JTC Motors Angleton, Texas

$200 - 2 Jack's Bookkeeping & Tax Service of Sandia, Texas

$150 - Treasure Island Fantasy Sports

$150 - Cagle Motorsports

$150 - Streakin' F Helicopters, L.L.C.

$150 - Rising Star Racing Bodies

$100 - Lauren Chamberlain & CK Racing

$100 - Jeff Zavesky

$100 - Ross Welding

$100 - Allgayer, Inc.

$75 - Hill Country Fireplace

$75 - Texas Hill Country Home Renovations

Product Sponsor - Earl Baxter with Mud Buster

$250 Gift Certificate for graphics package by CNC Graphix

TBD - Spreen Racing Engines

(3) $100 tire gift certificates towards a dirt boss or g60 - Swenson Racing Chassis

Champions Trophy - Bobby & Rosemary Stacy

Point Fund Goal: $2000 once goal is met 6th - 10th positions will be filled.

$600 - Points Champion plus custom built trophy from Bobby & Rosemary Stacy

$500- Runner Up

$400 - 3rd place

$300 - 4th place

$200 - 5th place

$150 - 6th place

$125 - 7th place

$100 - 8th place

$50 - 9th place

$25 - 10th place

We currently have $2450 in sponsorship and $300 in driver entry fee's. So total money collected is $2750. You will notice we have added money to 6th place - 10th.

Stephan, i got tangled up with work this week and late each evening. Will call you by this weekend. I'm thinking a basic entry form on this would be helpful so we have some basic driver information for PR / marketing purposes and if you're in agreement I can set up accounting and depositing for each $30 entry fee and sponsorship money that we start collecting so we have good accounting of who's entered and good accounting of sponsor money...

We here at Dynamic Race Craft are wanting to put up $400.00 to any driver who can win all 3 races in this series. On top of this we are wanting to offer an extra $100.00 to the fifth place finisher of each night. How do we get in contact with you about this. You can email us at dynamicracecraft@gmail.com attn Stan or Kevin

We here at Dynamic Race Craft are wanting to put up $400.00 to any driver who can win all 3 races in this series. On top of this we are wanting to offer an extra $100.00 to the fifth place finisher of each night. How do we get in contact with you about this. You can email us at dynamicracecraft@gmail.com attn Stan or Kevin

I sent you a pm. This type of help will be catching some attention. If we can bring in enough money we will start expanding the top 5 to 7 or maybe top 10. Lets use the theory of spreading the wealth instead of one or two taking home all the bacon.

I am merely putting the pieces together with the help of Monty Chamberlain. The tracks are in full control of the events, and on the track decisions. Please not we not responsible for anything other than trying to bring in drivers from all over, put them on a level playing field and gathering as much point fun money as possible. Hoping this is something everyone can enjoy and look fwd to each year as a big special event! Please dont forget to thank the tracks and show your appreciation for allow us to put this together!

I want to echo what Stephan has stated in the post above. He and I talked on Thursday evening and our focus is the same. As a matter of fact, we discussed in detail my concern that we make it clear that our effort is on the series points fund and we are not decision makers at any track for the events at hand. That is not desired by us, and would not be desired by the management of any of the trcks. We have learned over the last couple of years with some experimenting, that these type of "grass roots" efforts really seem to take off. We feel certain with the competitors interest and some additional sponsors, we will accomplish the $2,000 points fund goal. We actually feel pretty positive we will be able to work even harder and go beyond and if so we want to build the fund for places beyond 5th.

Stephan and I are simply two people who love this class of cars as we both own cars in it, and we've seen how positive something like this can be when people take an interest. It really is the definition of synergy in motion. Again, I want to repeat, our role is generating the interest in competing at the three tracks for a nice points fund and we don't make decisions at any of the three tracks. We are handling the points fund only. We are honored to pull this together and to have three fine tracks for these events.

To that end, when I talked to Stephan on Thursday, I volunteered to draft the registration form. I will post the registration form on the I-37, Shady Oaks and Texana forum tabs here on Speedzone this weekend. I will linclude a P.O. Box for mailing your money. You will be able to mail me a check, cashiers check or money order. I will mail you a receipt and if it is a check, I will mail you a receipt once the check has cleared (hey, I'm a realist)... I will maintain an accounting of all who have paid. Once I receive your registration form and money is clear, you are registered and will be mailed a receipt.

Stephan and I also agreed that should weather become an issue for any of the three events, we just have to move forward with the concept for the remaining events, as it will not be feasible to reschedule with any of the tracks. It would become too much of a logistical nightmare. In other words, if weather is an issue for one track, but we get two events in, the positions in the series will be determined based on the two events we got in.

There is no percentage of revenue in this for us. Everything we can collect will go right into the points fund. Again, we are doing this because of our love of the sport and the class. Stay tuned and I'll have the registration form posted before the end of the weekend.

-Monty Chamberlain

....Your home track rules apply between the 3 tracks as well as Houston Hobby Stocks, South Tx Speedway Pure Stocks and will consider cars from outside those areas on a car by car basis.

THIS IS NOTHING ABOUT STREET STOCKS.........YA REALLY DON'T WANT ANY REAL FAST CARS..........LOOKS LIKE YA JUST CHERRY PICKEN THEN.............YA JUST LOOKING FOR A FEW CARS TO KICK AT AND POINT FINGERS..........YA NEED TO CHANGE THE NAME TO .......HOBBY/PURE/BOMBER/AND WANT TO BE RACE CARS......AND LEAVE THE STREET STOCK NAME OFF........

THIS IS NOTHING ABOUT STREET STOCKS.........YA REALLY DON'T WANT ANY REAL FAST CARS..........LOOKS LIKE YA JUST CHERRY PICKEN THEN.............YA JUST LOOKING FOR A FEW CARS TO KICK AT AND POINT FINGERS..........YA NEED TO CHANGE THE NAME TO .......HOBBY/PURE/BOMBER/AND WANT TO BE RACE CARS......AND LEAVE THE STREET STOCK NAME OFF........

U say po-tot-toe. I say po-tae-toe. Of all the classes laid out, the Pleasanton streets will have the outter envelope to fit within on motor and suspension rules. Edna and Goliad have the tire and wheel advantage, but with a little less motor. Houston Hobby's..., well now that right there's where the shoes come in... If you're talking Houston area streets, well then that's a whole other car. I think the cars that Mr. Danielsen has noted have run together several times and are comparable....

Archived