2011 Street Stock Shootout of South Texas

As info gets confirmed and approved we will update the forum for each track. Last years Street Stock Two Track Challenge was such a hit we are putting together this years version which will be bigger and better then ever!

This year's event will be called, The 2011 Street Stock Shootout of South Texas. 3 races at 3 tracks - Shady Oaks Speedway - Texana Raceway Park - I37 Raceway. Your home track rules apply between the 3 tracks as well as Houston Hobby Stocks, South Tx Speedway Pure Stocks and will consider cars from outside those areas on a car by car basis. No mixing of rules allowed. Please note the majority of drivers are from the 3 tracks however we hope to bring in outsiders but we will not put the drivers from the 3 tracks at a disadvantage. Example: True bad to the bone built I stocks that do not come close to the rule packages from these 3 tracks will not be allowed.

We are looking for sponsors that will help make up a points fund for the top 5 finishers in points. Drivers that decide to run all 3 events and race for the points championship must pay an entry fee of $30. Each $30 entry fee will go towards the points fund. Example: 10 registered cars will result in $300 in points fund and so on. To be eligible for points your entry fee must be paid in full by Race #1 drop of the green flag of first heat race.

Race #1 - July 23rd Shady Oaks Speedway - Goliad, Tx (Practice available for July 22nd)

Race #2 - Aug 27th Texana Raceway Park - Edna, Tx

Race #3 - Sept 17th I37 Raceway - Pleasanton, Tx (Champion to be determined)

All tracks have been contacted and are currently discussing details. So that means they are tenative until further notice.

Please note to all street stock drivers. You do not have to pay an entry fee to race in any of these three events. Should you decide to not pay an additional entry fee you simply wont be eligible for the point fund money no matter your finishing position. So again any street stock driver can pay the tracks normal pit pass and race as normal but your only racing for the track purse on those nights should you decide to not pay the additional $30 entry fee.

Ok ground work is just starting everyone. This is your race that these tracks are hosting for us! Which means all ideas and help are welcome. The more effort we all put forth the better each event will be. We have several months to get ready but it will be ontop of us soon so dont mess around! Last year lots of people, drivers, sponsors and both tracks stepped up and got heavily involved. Lets do it again but better! Currently the tracks will be running their normal purses unless sponsors add to those purses at each track or if the track itself decides to add to their own purse to promote more cars.

Your welcome to post questions, thoughts, ideas or you can contact Monty Chamberlain or Stephan Danielsen with a pm if need be.

If you plan to participate in these events please post your car #, name and home track.

Point System details to be released soon!

Sponsors List to be released soon!

Preentered Drivers List to be released soon!

Confirmation of dates to be updated soon!

Let the fun begin!

Preentry Drivers List as of 6/26/11

#52 AJ Dancer - I37 Paid

#55 Lauren Chamberlain - Texana Racway Park Paid

#186 Robert Danielsen - I37 Paid

#149 Stephan Danielsen - I37 Paid

#41 Wade Jones - I37 Paid

#63 Chase Sanchez - Texana Raceway Park

#93 TBD - I37 Paid

#5 Rick Schroat - I37

#57 Danny Schroat - I37

#37t Todd Cook - I37

#99 Stan Eastty - I37

#19 Randy Seals - Battleground Speedway

#79x Bryan Feagin - Kennedale Speedway Park

#18 Shawn Moore - I37

#11 Shawn Kline - Shady Oaks Speedway

#35 Tony Blankenship - Shady Oaks Speedway

#77 Chris Shaffer - Texana Raceway Park Paid

#31 Brian King - Texana Raceway Park Paid

#89 Matt Farris - Shady Oaks Speedway

#88j Bobby Jack - South Texas Speedway Paid

#118 Anthony Gordon - I37 Raceway

#21x Jason Fox - Texana Raceway Park Paid

#23 David Bruns - Shady Oaks Speedway

#68 Alan Kunkel - Shady Oaks Speedway

Sponsor List as of 6/07/11 (Point Fund Money)

$400 - Dynamic Race Craft

$200 - Texana Raceway Park

$200 - Auto Repair Unlimited & JTC Motors Angleton, Texas

$200 - 2 Jack's Bookkeeping & Tax Service of Sandia, Texas

$150 - Treasure Island Fantasy Sports

$150 - Cagle Motorsports

$150 - Streakin' F Helicopters, L.L.C.

$150 - Rising Star Racing Bodies

$100 - Lauren Chamberlain & CK Racing

$100 - Jeff Zavesky

$100 - Ross Welding

$100 - Allgayer, Inc.

$75 - Hill Country Fireplace

$75 - Texas Hill Country Home Renovations

Product Sponsor - Earl Baxter with Mud Buster

$250 Gift Certificate for graphics package by CNC Graphix

TBD - Spreen Racing Engines

(3) $100 tire gift certificates towards a dirt boss or g60 - Swenson Racing Chassis

Champions Trophy - Bobby & Rosemary Stacy

Point Fund Goal: $2000 once goal is met 6th - 10th positions will be filled.

$600 - Points Champion plus custom built trophy from Bobby & Rosemary Stacy

$500- Runner Up

$400 - 3rd place

$300 - 4th place

$200 - 5th place

$150 - 6th place

$125- 7th place

$100- 8th place

$50 - 9th place

$25 - 10th place

We currently have $2450 in sponsorship and $300 in driver entry fee's. So total money collected is $2750. You will notice we have added money to 6th place - 10th.

We here at Dynamic Race Craft are wanting to put up $400.00 to any driver who can win all 3 races in this series. On top of this we are wanting to offer an extra $100.00 to the fifth place finisher of each night. How do we get in contact with you about this. You can email us at dynamicracecraft@gmail.com attn Stan or Kevin

I will be bringing printed copies of the registration form for the #77 and #31 Street Stocks this weekend. I will bring a few extra copies as well, if anyone needs one already printed and would like to fill it out at the track. I will have my receipt book to write a receipt if anyone wants to go ahead and pay their $30 shootout entry fee.

-Monty

Ok im lost, not hard to do with the way things have been going for me. But is it only thirty or thirty a night totalling ninety? And ill take one of those copies for entry.

It is $30 one time which covers all three of the scheduled events (in other words, $10 per night when divided out). The $30 will make you eligible for the points fund money. The $30 is placed directly into the points fund along with any sponsorship money. Once you pay the $30 you're in for the running and you don't pay again. Stephan with good reason wanted to keep this deal reasonable in cost and at the same time provide the opportunity to build a points fund.

And remember, this money is just for the points fund and does not have anything to do with any of the race fees at each track. They charge what they charge for you to race. Side note; Ken told us the $25 track registration fee will be waived for the August 27th Texana event if the car has not raced there this year.

Just as we anticipated in just over a week we have new drivers being added to the list daily along with sponsors from cash, racing products, gift certificates to trophies. By the time this roles around guys it going to be very big with lots of attention and exposure to alot of lucky teams and drivers. Remember entry fee is only $30. Its registers you for all 3 races and that money goes directly to the point fund along with 100% of all sponsorship. If you are interested in any shape or form please contact myself or monty and we will gladly chat with you. Also remember to thank the tracks for hosting these events leading up to the dates.

All 3 dates are confirmed with all three tracks. Track registration has been waived for anyone in street stock that is participating in the three races and has not already registered with the track. You still have a $30 one time entry fee to participate in the Top 10 points championship.

We currently have $750 is verbals.

One of those verbals is now delivered cash of $100.. ;) . The $100 sponsorship from Lauren Chamberlain & CK Racing is now delievered and in the envelope along with the three paid entry forms from Monty Chamberlain, Chris Shafer and Brian King..... And, I'm checking the mail each day for entry forms. Sure looking forward to this series..

Stephan and I have been talking and discussing our goals for the month of May in relation to the Shootout. While it may be a lofty goal, we'd like to receive as many paid competitor registrations as possible in the month of May, secure additional sponsors during the month of May, and receive as many paid sponsorships as possible,

Our hope, by the end of May, is to have a secure handle on the $2k to firm up the 1st - 5th series funding, and then we can begin focusing on what ability we have to firm up funding for building additions from 6th - 10th in the series. As of this writing, there are 19 verbal competitor commitments on this thread and four of those are paid (AJ Dancer, Monty Chamberlain, Chris Shafer and Brian King). Remember, the competitor registration form is available on this thread. if you have trouble pulling it, send me a PM and provide your email address and I will email it to you. It would sure be good if we could get this up to 25 for the series component which would make for some awesome races when combined with the track competitors at a host facility who may not be running in the series. Also, we'd sure would like to see some STS shoes join in.

Additionally a sponsor (Ross Welding) has paid . As we receive payments, I am separating competitors payments from sponsors, maintaining an accounting of each independently for anyone to inspect, and mailing receipts to each person. While this is a grass-roots development by racers for racers, we are very committed to strong accounting of the funds. Also, every chance you get, please thank the three tracks in advance who will be hosting these events.

Also I will work on a flyer for this event, which i will post on this thread some time in the month of May which can be downloaded by everyone and posted at your business or businesses you know who will allow posting and you can hand it out to friends.

We feel confident we can achieve our initial goal of $2k for the desired funding of 1st - 5th. We'd sure like to set our sights on the additional funding for 6th - 10th by the end of May, butas soon as we can shore the 1st - 5th up. This is going to be a very fun series blended in on a regular race night for each of the three host tracks. We appreciate how much interest this has generated and hope everyone will keep this at the forefront. Please let us know if you have any questions on the series itself.

-Monty

Quick note to let everyone know that I talked to Bruce (Texana owner) this morning, and he will be placing extra money in the purse for the August 27th series event at Texana Raceway Park. I don't have specific amounts at present, but it will be additional added by the track itself and it is always pretty noteworthy when he does that. Will share more later on specifics when I get them.

Additionally, Texana Raceway Park has signed on as a sponsor for the 2011 Street Stock Shootout of South Texas by offering $200 into the series points fund.

Thank you TRP for your sponsorship of this series and the notation on the increased purse for the event at TRP!

Sweet Bobby good to have you back in a fender car even for a race or two. Get ol Billy Denton too.

Cool. Bobby Jack is one of the folks in dirt track racing that has been a friend to us since the first day we met him. And, an awesome shoe you can race side by side with lap after lap!!! Sure glad to see him sign-on for the series. Welcome aboard Bobby!!!

Archived