no ign

HiTech

im going to put another new cap on .its new ..but yellow spark .a friend had one do that last week .changed his cap .and fixed that ..now that i have spark i can see some light at the end of the tunnel.....i worn out the starter ...i have a big feeling that starter is one culprit...pulling to much amp.s .. one thing at a time .......i sorta wondered if this truck was ever flooded .the owner said no .but they have only owned it for 6 years .....everyone knows things can go crazy like this on cars that have been flooded ...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have a big feeling that starter is one culprit...pulling to much amp.s .. one thing at a time

Can't count how many times I have encountered this - pre computer even. Not just amps but voltage.

i meant voltage along with amps. .. .heck this thing has me so messed up ..trying to keep a smile and alittle humor..the owner came by today ..i begged him to take it ,,,he just patted me on the back .and said get it running he will take it back .......i told him the monster truck show was comeing to cc ..wonder if they would love to crush it ...id love to see it ..

You will get it figured out, think of it this way. Its at your house because know body else could fix it. And when you figure it out you will be king. And you will be happy its gone. :P

im trying to see the humor in your post here ..and have to admit ..its at my house cuz he cant afford for someone else to fix it ..he has been burned for 700.00 before i got it ...burned big time . i am going to charge him ofcourse . but not what i would charge most poeple ...he is a good man ..plus he owns a wieldijng truck ..and i needs some done ..... .. anyway back to burned ......all i could find of what this other person did to it ..was wires rotor and cap ..heck he charged them for plugs ..funny for new plugs they sure look very old ..rip off ..... i have been sick for three days .and havent worked on it ..today i can breath just enough to pull the starter .and that took me 2 hours .......it is suppose to rain monday ..im off ..and its outside .if it rains i will have this starter done tonight ...sorry didnt notice i was on cheeze it 7.....till now ..lol

I have done a lot of gratis work throughout the years... They seem to be the ones where I think I can figure them out quick and fix them when in reality they take longer and seem to test my patients the most.

HT,

I will tell you your payment will come. It is people like you who have a special place in my heart. There is another fellow racer who I know does alot of gratis or does not charge much for the work. When he and I first met I think we just about killed one another or at least probably wanted to. I don't get to see him alot but I will tell you it is a pleasure to call him friend. That being said HT you and your family are in my prayers. As long as you don't mind me posting things I find, I will keep on doing it on this or any other problem you have...

Your friend,

Mark

I have done a lot of gratis work throughout the years... They seem to be the ones where I think I can figure them out quick and fix them when in reality they take longer and seem to test my patients the most.

HT,

I will tell you your payment will come. It is people like you who have a special place in my heart. There is another fellow racer who I know does alot of gratis or does not charge much for the work. When he and I first met I think we just about killed one another or at least probably wanted to. I don't get to see him alot but I will tell you it is a pleasure to call him friend. That being said HT you and your family are in my prayers. As long as you don't mind me posting things I find, I will keep on doing it on this or any other problem you have...

Your friend,

Mark

mark we havent met in person yet ..tried to find you but you hide to good at the mile ...so i gave up looking ...lol ....got worn plum out ...thanks for the kind words ..that right there is my payment ....i can tell you are the same as me ..i get into trouble sometimes for helping ...but i have done that for 55 years ....and dont plan on stopping ..even when you dont get the help back ..you keep helping others .....you can post anything you want anytime you want ..i injoy your help .. .....i know ill or we will find this problem ..soon i hope ... just to mention the new starter just showed up ..it was sparking on the tester ..may have found the main problem ..though the old starter turned the motor over ok ..just seemed like it was missing alittle more kick to her ...plus the voltage draw ..hope thats it ...

• 2 weeks later...

i just went throught two weeks of a race car not firing right bruning up starters and changed alot of things but never look at the dist at all found the shaft was broken at the top letting the roter mover about an inch an that little bit would not let me get it in time or start on the first try changed the dist an now it starts firt try so you might have some thing like i did , just a thounght

Ok, I am going to be in Goliad.... Don't make me have to come to Corpus to find out what happened? :blink:

was sick for a week and didnt get to work on it. ....changed starters .that fixed the draw .darn near started ....she is trying to start .but just wont climb over the hill ...retarted timeing typ of starting ......the timeing chain had to much slack .. id say 40 degrees either way ......so i changed it ..helped but still wont climb on over ...so im getting closer ...i set the the rotor right on the little 8 marked on the dist ..which is purty much facing number one ...not sure if thats correct ...going off some one else ..so ill look into that today ....this is worst than setting up a car and just cant get that exstra little something you know is there ..........and thinking maybe its the driver ..cuz i thinking this driver should turn the wheel over to someone else ...i can hit turn one ok .but cant get off of turn two ..lol .... added note ..customers can walk right up to me with hard questions .why wont my car do this or that ...and in most cases i can answer them and get em fixed .....why cant i answer me ...why cant it be that easy .....can someone answer that ...lol

HT,

If and I say IF I can bring a scanner (Tech II) where in CC is the Yukon? I know we have a busy weekend starting Thursday..... Ok actually starting today at noon...

Let me know, so maybe I can come meet you possibly Friday?

Mark

HT,

If and I say IF I can bring a scanner (Tech II) where in CC is the Yukon? I know we have a busy weekend starting Thursday..... Ok actually starting today at noon...

Let me know, so maybe I can come meet you possibly Friday?

Mark

you dont have to drive that far .. i may pull it over to firestone ..they wont charge me ..friends you know ..lol .. lalo wants me to bring it to his shop and see if he can be some help ...so ill figure that out by friday ...thanks for the offer ..i know you have your hands full .....now if ..i said if .. i cant get it to run by friday ..and you just happen to be in town .and you just happen to have that teck two ,,,and and ..give me a call ...i work friday afternoon ..ill have to look what time i go in .. but im sure i can adjust that ... .cell...361.290.2096....home ..361.993.2035.....btw . the truck is at 949 bradshaw ..78412. for gps look up ....just dont make a trip for this ..

Cars are together and should not need to do much, so if we can make it happen I would love to come by. As you said lets see what happens between now and Friday morning. We took the supercharged vette up to Discount Tire about a 5 mile trip each way. That sick is just plain sick. From a 30 mile per hour roll it wants to jump sideways. When you come off throttle it sounds like a huge turbo car. Can't wait to see what mile per hour it will put down. Car went 184 in October with a trashed clutch.... Woo Hoo come on tomorrow........

Mark

Cars are together and should not need to do much, so if we can make it happen I would love to come by. As you said lets see what happens between now and Friday morning. We took the supercharged vette up to Discount Tire about a 5 mile trip each way. That sick is just plain sick. From a 30 mile per hour roll it wants to jump sideways. When you come off throttle it sounds like a huge turbo car. Can't wait to see what mile per hour it will put down. Car went 184 in October with a trashed clutch.... Woo Hoo come on tomorrow........

Mark

you guys are crazy.....

• 2 weeks later...

OK THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO GET RID OF ME .....WELL BY NOW THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE THIS PIECE OF BLANK RUNNING .....

REPORT ..HAVE FIRE NOW .WILL TRY TO START WITH OUT HELP BARELY ......SPRAY BRAKE CLEANER IN IT AND WILL RUN ...SO THAT FIREING PROBLEM SOLVED ........

SO I CHECK THE INJECTORS .NO PULSE ..SO I REPLACED THEM AGAIN .....HAVE PULSE ......OK OK ...NOW DONT HAVE ENOUGH FUEL PRESSURE TO START .....DAMN ......CLEANED AND OR REPLACED ALL GROUNDS I COULD FIND .....EVEN AT THE PUMP...... THIS IS WHAT I AM GETTING OUT OF IT .........FUEL PRESSURE WILL PRIME JUST UP AND UNDER 60....WILL NOT GO HIGHER ..PERIOD .....NOW ONCE I TURN MOTOR OVER ..PRESSURE DROPS TO 55.......ONCE I P RIME THE MOTOR WITH BRAKE CLEANER AGAIN .THE PRESSURE WHEN IT STARTS ...DROPS TO 50.......WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ..............I HAVE JUST ABOULT HAD ENOUGH OF THIS JUNK .........FIXING TO CUT MY LOST AND GIVE IT BACK ..TAKE DEFEAT ........NOT CHARGE A DANG DIME .........IVE ALREADY LOST SLEEP .DAYS OFF .HAIR ...AND MY WIFE WANTS IT GONE ...DONT NEED HER INVOLVED ..LOL....DARN NEAR SLIPED A YES THE OTHER DAY WHEN SOMEONE STOPED BY AND WANTED TO BUY IT FOR JUNK ...IF IT WAS MINE ..IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HAULED OFF .. PS I WILL ADD .BY ADDING AND CLEANING THE GROUNDS ..THE FUEL PRESSURE WENT FROM 57 PSI TO ALMOST 60 . THAT WAS AN INPROVEMENT......FUNNY PART IS I HAVE HAD 55 PSI ON OTHER LATE MODEL GMC ..AND GOT HER TO RUN ....

maybe the regulator is bad. Whats the fuel pressure supposed to be? This might sound silly, but are you sure you have gas in the tank and not something else. Water maybe, or even diesel.

I WISHED IT WAS FUNNY IT HAD NO GAS OR HAD WATER ....I HAND CLEANED THAT FUEL TANK WHEN I REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP FROM THE START OF THIS JOB IN FEBUARY ..YES FEBUARY AND I HAVE ADDED 9 GALLONS OF FRESH GAS .....I WAS 54 YEARS OLD THEN .NOW 55 AND GOING CRAZY LOL ..THE REGULALTOR IS WITH THE INJECTOR SYSTEM ..SEING I HAVE REPLACED THE WHOLE INJECTOR SYSTEM TWICE ...I CANT SEE WHY I WOULD HAVE TWO BAD ..PLUS THE FACTORY ONE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ..NOT TO MENTION .JUST ABOULT THE SAME FUEL PRESSURE AS WITH THE OLD PUMP....SO IN REALLITY I HAVE NOT ACCOMPLISHED MUCH SO FAR .......THE FUEL PRESSURE NEEDS TO BE BETWEEN 60 AND 65 TO RUN ..THATS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET TO .AFTER GETTING THE FIRE BACK ..IM GOING TO PINCH OFF THE RETURN LINE .AND SEE WHERE IT GOES FROM THERE ..

maybe the regulator is bad. Whats the fuel pressure supposed to be? This might sound silly, but are you sure you have gas in the tank and not something else. Water maybe, or even diesel.

I WISHED IT WAS FUNNY IT HAD NO GAS OR HAD WATER ....I HAND CLEANED THAT FUEL TANK WHEN I REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP FROM THE START OF THIS JOB IN FEBUARY ..YES FEBUARY AND I HAVE ADDED 9 GALLONS OF FRESH GAS .....I WAS 54 YEARS OLD THEN .NOW 55 AND GOING CRAZY LOL ..THE REGULALTOR IS WITH THE INJECTOR SYSTEM ..SEING I HAVE REPLACED THE WHOLE INJECTOR SYSTEM TWICE ...I CANT SEE WHY I WOULD HAVE TWO BAD ..PLUS THE FACTORY ONE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ..NOT TO MENTION .JUST ABOULT THE SAME FUEL PRESSURE AS WITH THE OLD PUMP....SO IN REALLITY I HAVE NOT ACCOMPLISHED MUCH SO FAR .......THE FUEL PRESSURE NEEDS TO BE BETWEEN 60 AND 65 TO RUN ..THATS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET TO .AFTER GETTING THE FIRE BACK ..IM GOING TO PINCH OFF THE RETURN LINE .AND SEE WHERE IT GOES FROM THERE ..

Did you blow out the lines?

Archived