1976 Meyer Program

FryarFan

I thought some of the oldtimers here would like these. One of my prized programs is one that I got from Labor Day 1976 when we went with Hubert Bean down to Meyer Speedway for a big race. Unfortunately, a broken ball joint ended Bean's night before qualifying after he tried to knock down the turn 4 wall in warmups. As I remember, Fireball Finger kept the Vita Fresh 22 up front most of the night.

Was in the process of packing some old stuff for a move, and found the notebook with this in it.

If you can read the late model point standings(sorry, can't get it to lighten up....1st try at posting anything here, but got Nick's help), there are some interesting things in it. They are as of Aug 29, 1976. Joe Plowman in 1st, and Texas Terry Labonte in 2nd. Fireball Finger and Larry Schild in 6th and 7th with 4 wins in 10 starts each. But check out the 9th place. The Beaumont Flyer shows up with 5 wins in 7 starts. Bean in 33rd. Waldo in 36th. And of course, good old Tom Harrington (ran asa and some all pro) with one of his myriad of hometowns.....on the listings.....Puerto Rico.

Enjoy

Billy Bailey

post-35-1292010462.jpg

post-35-1292010509.jpg

post-35-1292010540.jpg

post-35-1292010583.jpg

post-35-1292010606.jpg

cool....hobbie class .. falcons ..amc mustangs ,,,plymouth..buick...chevy pontiac......sad never to be seen like that again ...just think what those cars would be worth today...as street legal cars .....oh boy .and we just junk em without a care ......

Archived