rules meeting

cRt racing

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how about a early rules meeting so people know what to build their cars to for next year im jusrt trying to see what is going to happen with the thunders . so i can decide if im going to put together a car or not

thats what charly was thinking we thunders should do. im in anyone want to set a time and place.

well i didnt drive and didnt have any cars out there this past year so when they have the meeting im not going . so its up to the drivers and the track to decide . i just hope they address the things that needs to be changed . just remember you need to make the rules to get the car count up .

So since you started this thing what suggestions are there about rules??? Adding more expense will loose more cars.Tell these guys they need 500$ worth of tires and half are gone.BTY if you think your getting your butt kicked now,add racing tires and get lapped.Several times.The smart thing would be go back to the original Thunder rules of 2000.Or do what RGS did and require stock engines checked with compression and vacuum testing.

Or really be smart and only change the tire rule.6 inch street tire with a minimum of 360 treadwear.Then the motor doesnt mean squat.Go back to stock springs and shocks and then the driver makes the difference.Right now we have a half fast class that favors the Fords with a bank account.There will never be new cars when a ministock costs more than a Sport mod or Super street.

Can ANYONE give any ideas how to make this class fair for all makes and make it inexpensive???Havent ever heard yet.Right now you got what you asked for.

g b cannt go back to stock then it would be the same as the front runners . and the towel city tires used to be about 60 dollars last time we ran them . cast iron heads only and go to a track tire like the towel city or i think the other one was diamondback and a min weight of like 2100 lbs

Hey G.B., you always seem to know what you're talking about for rules and car set up. What I would like to see if for you to be able to come up with the rules and have the track abide by them for 1 season. This way if it works out great (like I'm sure it will) there will lots more cars running. Money it cost to run each week and what you may earn a night in return is one of the reasons I am no longer racing. People want to go fast but at what cost? If you keep the cost down across the board I'm sure more cars can afford to come out. It makes you want to stay home when you can't afford to run up front with the big bucks guys.

On that note,right now I am racing a very inexpensive class that requires stock engines and it is really fun.The cars are cheap and the racing is good.The fans love the class and dont know we are not real fast.Yes it can be done but not with a bunch of protection rules.Weather you have 90 HP or 200 HP a close race is the best.

The first thing we did wrong was lift the requirment for a totally stock body at CC

Hey G.B., you always seem to know what you're talking about for rules and car set up. What I would like to see if for you to be able to come up with the rules and have the track abide by them for 1 season. This way if it works out great (like I'm sure it will) there will lots more cars running. Money it cost to run each week and what you may earn a night in return is one of the reasons I am no longer racing. People want to go fast but at what cost? If you keep the cost down across the board I'm sure more cars can afford to come out. It makes you want to stay home when you can't afford to run up front with the big bucks guys.

Cost is the reason why lots have turned away from ministocks. If G.B. wrote the rules, G.B. would win them all! He wins with half of what the big dollar Fords have with the current rules. I can't imagine what he would do if it were even. Make it inexpensive with narrow cheap tires, small cam lift, and small carbs, then figure out weight to C.C. I love ministocks, but I'm not gonna spend $4000-$5000 to try and compete. The front runners are a good idea, but I'll give it a few years before everybody figures out what car to run. Then we will be back trying to figure out a new set of rules to make it fair for the others that don't run this particular car. JMO Bitch or whine, I still love it and will continue to race or spectate as long as i'm alive.

well i like to race and would like to get back in it . im just not going to spend 3500 for a alum head for a ford and spend 150 a tire just to run up front . if thats the case ill stay with my boat and jet ski s there needs to be a track tire i hear the goodyears are 50 dollars a tire but what kind of wear cc is bad on tires . oh well ive said enough i wasnt a driver last year. you drivers or the track needs to decide what is up just send me a set of rules . then ill decide what im doing ,, you all have a great off season

Justin this has been talked to death.I believe thats been the problem.In the year 2000 the ministocks had gotton too expensive and because of tires were faster than the super stocks by 2 to 3 tenths.Dan was not happy with the program so he re-invented ministock racing at CC Speedway by changing to Texas Thunder cars.The rules were fairly relaxed but costs were kept in check first with a full car claim rule,then with not allowing aftermarket parts.It took 10 years of modifying rules to get back to the same place again.BTW,the top cars in 2000 were turning 15.80s with slicks.Today our top car is turning 15.80s on street tires.Cars are again too costly and one brand is favored.In 2000 there were no FWD cars.The rules then made them obsolete.

The 2 best periods of ministocks were in my openion the mid 90s where we ran under Mr Yocums direction of keeping costs down.Pound per cc,no porting of heads,flat top pistons,stock clutches one carburator etc.There were many types of cars then.There was a track tire also but it was not profitable for the dealer and thats why they were cheap.

The second period was in the mid 2000s when the thunder car rules had the claim rule,no minimum weight,tires were inspected.The idea was to use what you had and race.We started with totally stock bodies so we did not need a minimum weight.The bigger the engine,the more the car weighed..Maybe Mr Yocums way was the best.It would cearntly be simple enough to adapt right now with the cars that are racing now.

Who wants to be the dealer and handle the warrentees and stocs available?You need 13s 14s and15s to cover everyone because of gear ratio.Maybe 16s as well if we get cars from this century.

And yes the frontrunner deal looks great but they already have a stiuation.By allowing standards,the automatic cars are at a disadvantage because no automatic can run with a standard.all things being equal.

So I guyss Im like Steven,I will see what gives for next year.I dont plan to spend my retirement on a ministock.I like AARCs idea of limiting the go fast parts but that might lead to another brand of car becomming popular.One that the factory made fast to begin with.A few years ago I read a test of an old Doge Charger with a hemi against a modern Dodge charger with a turbo 4 cyl and the new Dodge beat the old dodge in every test except straight line accelleration.That means if they race against each other at CC the 4 cyl Dodge would win.How bout that???!!!

Im surprised the Super Streets are not still using flathead Fords.They have limited the field to one type of car however.Why are the Mustangs not in that group? I think they should be.

Well Gb, Cody wants to put a mustang in the SS group but they are worried about the weight of the car and etc..But I say we have a early thunders meeting Who ever Has and is driving a thunder come talk we'll write are info down on paper, MAybe even take a vote or too Lets get all on the same page and then when the drivers meeting comes up walk up to dan with are paper work and show him what we all agree'd on...This well save alot of time and alot of headaches... How about the first of the month...Say buffalo wild wings???

I am with CJY we need to get togeather get a set of things we want added and taken off the rules and not get on here and bitch and cry about things and when the time is right at the driver meeting give them to Dan and see what happens

Justin this has been talked to death.I believe thats been the problem.In the year 2000 the ministocks had gotton too expensive and because of tires were faster than the super stocks by 2 to 3 tenths.Dan was not happy with the program so he re-invented ministock racing at CC Speedway by changing to Texas Thunder cars.The rules were fairly relaxed but costs were kept in check first with a full car claim rule,then with not allowing aftermarket parts.It took 10 years of modifying rules to get back to the same place again.BTW,the top cars in 2000 were turning 15.80s with slicks.Today our top car is turning 15.80s on street tires.Cars are again too costly and one brand is favored.In 2000 there were no FWD cars.The rules then made them obsolete.

The 2 best periods of ministocks were in my openion the mid 90s where we ran under Mr Yocums direction of keeping costs down.Pound per cc,no porting of heads,flat top pistons,stock clutches one carburator etc.There were many types of cars then.There was a track tire also but it was not profitable for the dealer and thats why they were cheap.

The second period was in the mid 2000s when the thunder car rules had the claim rule,no minimum weight,tires were inspected.The idea was to use what you had and race.We started with totally stock bodies so we did not need a minimum weight.The bigger the engine,the more the car weighed..Maybe Mr Yocums way was the best.It would cearntly be simple enough to adapt right now with the cars that are racing now.

Who wants to be the dealer and handle the warrentees and stocs available?You need 13s 14s and15s to cover everyone because of gear ratio.Maybe 16s as well if we get cars from this century.

And yes the frontrunner deal looks great but they already have a stiuation.By allowing standards,the automatic cars are at a disadvantage because no automatic can run with a standard.all things being equal.

So I guyss Im like Steven,I will see what gives for next year.I dont plan to spend my retirement on a ministock.I like AARCs idea of limiting the go fast parts but that might lead to another brand of car becomming popular.One that the factory made fast to begin with.A few years ago I read a test of an old Doge Charger with a hemi against a modern Dodge charger with a turbo 4 cyl and the new Dodge beat the old dodge in every test except straight line accelleration.That means if they race against each other at CC the 4 cyl Dodge would win.How bout that???!!!

Im surprised the Super Streets are not still using flathead Fords.They have limited the field to one type of car however.Why are the Mustangs not in that group? I think they should be.

I remember that year real well . I know Dan will get a hold of this class and make the write decitions that are needed .........

none of us were racing back then maybe if u can find a copy of the rules from back then ...then we can see wat the difference is cuz right now all we know now is wat weve been doin...i thought the thunder class has always had a no motor rule but had a carb rule m dont know bout tires or anything like that ...anyways anyone find the rules from back then n we will see wat we can do n add or take away to make the new cars of the class equal

I have a friend racing at HOT in the fall classic tonight and tomorrow.She drices a Rabbit.I hope she does well,this is an outlaw show.I wanted to go,I had my Rabbit dialed in.All I had to do was put the big engine and bolt on the dirt race tires.Unfortuntaly,I totalled it out.The Scirroco is too heavy to be good at that race.

Good luck Karen Graham from Dallas.VW112.

THE CLASS WAS CALLED MINI STOCK BECAUSE IT WAS STOCK STOCK MOTOR THAT PULLED VAC. STOCK CARB 1 LBS PER CC NO RACING SHOCKS OR FANCY HEADS THATS WHY IT WAS CALLED ( MINI STOCKS! )

IF YOU WANTED TO BUILD BIG MOTORS YOU RAN OUTLAW MINIS I GO OUT AND WATCH FROM TIME TO TIME AND WHAT I SEE IS DRAG RACING NOT ROUND TRACK RACING WHEN YOU HAVE A CARE PASING 2 TO 3 CARS ON A STRAITAWAY SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT. JUST MY THOUGHTS

Archived