USMTS?

usra43

i hear all the time that sportmods r faster than mods i thought greg proved that wrong in goliad and i dont think you have to have a new csr just learn what we have i would love to run ustms and might go sometimes but i37 is doing a great job building the mods back up lets not start something to hurt it i think next year will be a great year for mods at i37

That maybe so in your case but it is a proven fact. $$$$$$$. Combine the sportmods, that would be awsome. That will never happen though! There is alot of great drivers out there but are not funded as much to run up front. But, thats life. Alot of drivers that win and are very competitive have the bucks or help. Having "ok" equipment and a good driver will not get you there. You might get lucky one night but thats it. Me and my family have done this for 20 years. To start out racing as a true rookie, you got to have good or the BEST equipment to become a great driver to win titles or alot of races. You can't get there with junk or decent stuff. The guys with "just getting by" equipment dont see victory or if once in a blue moon. I'm just saying, thats the way motorsports goes and we chose to do it for fun also as i do. So, don't tell me having the best equipment or money don't get you there. LOL. Do it for a few more years and you will figure it out. Wade, you race very well and have very little slip-ups. Staying out front away from traffic will get you there. Great job.

N U MUST BE TIMING OR WATCHING A DIFFERENT MOD SHOW :blink: LAST I CHECKED THE MODS WERE FASTER THEN THE SPORT MODS MAYBE I AM WRONG JASON BUT I DOUBT IT :lol::lol: AND IF THEY R SO EASY TO WORK ON I WONDER WHY MORE ARE NOT FASTER HMMMMMMMMM :lol:

Cause it's TOO MUCH MONEY IN THE CHASSIS AND MOTORS Greg. And no one wants to have a half-a$$ car and get beat by high end cars. It's pretty self explanitory. LOL. Didn't mean to piss off the Modified gods! If a car is fast, doesnt mean it's easy to work on.

Everyone has a point, but the fact remains that more money equals better car, better set up, better etc. How bad do you want to get in? Trust me I understand abot the money part. I got a pure that has only seen track 5 times in 2 years and 3 of those were practices. Every time something broke or failed. Driveshaft, pickup sock in fuel cell, tranny, got hit, drove like a squirrel(Marcs word). Racing is an expesive time consuming SPORT and like Wade says hard work will definitely beat money until you run out of money. All the money in the world wont win a race(sure wont hurt though), but a dedicated, determined, and dependable driver WILL get to VICTORY LANE. The phrase any given Sunday should be for racing not football.There might be favorite, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN. Hope to evntually see yall on the track or in the pits. Good luck and GOD bless.

No dog in the fight but just for reference. If you didn't get a chance to read the Winners Circle newsletter for this month I did a piece on the track. In there Jim says he wants to make this a regionally known track. In order to do that he knows the track has to add and improve some of the physical aspects of the track. Now this is what I got out of that is eventually something like what Jason is asking about COULD possibly happen in the future. Right now they are working on building a good foundation for better things in the future.

SO LETS SEE I RAN AN 09 MOD THIS YEAR AND WON WITH IT WHEN I LOST I WENT TO THE SHOP LIKE MANY NIGHTS GOT ON THE PHONE MADE CHANGES :blink: IF IT WAS JUST DUMPING MONEY IN THEN I WOULD SAY A BUNCH OF PEPES WOULD BE FAST BUT I GUESS WHAT GETS ME IS PEOPLE REALLY DONT KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY IS IN MY STUFF LET ME GETS SOME FACTS OUT MY TRUCK I PAID 9 K FOR I AM A DIESEL MECH BY TRADE :ph34r: SO I CAN WORK ON :o IT MY TRL I PAID 12 K FOR IT SO SOMETIMES ITS NOT WHAT IT APPEARS TO BE I SOLD MY 09 TO BY MY 2011 AND YES I GOT SCREWED BUT I MADE IT WORK WITH SOME FRIENDS AND FAMILY MAD I AM NOT MAYBE OTHERS BUT IM JUST MAKING SURE THE ONES THAT READ THIS DO NOT GET THE IDEAL THAT THEY R GOING TO GET OUT RUN BY MONEY TRUST ME I WORK ON MY STUFF AND MANY OTHER PEPES STUFF A LOT OF HOURS MANY MANY HOURS SO GET TO WORK AND I WOULD SAY A GOOD USED CHASSIS CAN AND WILL WIN RACES AND HAS IN FACT WON MANY RACES IF I HAD NOT FLIPPED IN KANSAS I WOULDNT HAVE EVEN THOUGHT OF BUYING OR GETTING A NEW CAR :lol::ph34r: SO KEEP UP THE HARD WORK I-37 AND RACERS BUT ITS ALL GOOD JASON

OH AND JASON I COULD NOT AFFORD TO RACE AS YOUNG AS YOU ARE SO WHEN YOU GET OLDER AND GET UR STUFF TOGETHER AND BUY SOME GOOD EQUIPMENT AND START GETTING WINS I HOPE SOMEONE DOESNT COME ALONG AND SAY IT WAS CAUSE U DUMPED A BUNCH OF MONEY IN IT ;) AND THAT DAY WILL COME IF UR HEARTS IN IT TRUST ME :)

Ok I think we've veered off the subject a bit here...

The guy had a legitmate question, that I thought I provided a good answer to......From there he got defensive, and the rest of us did then....We're all passionate about our sport....

One point I'll add about the money vs. hard work arguement.....

In my nearly 40 years of racing I've seen many people throw money at their racecar, but never take the time to learn how to use what they had, or lack the talent to drive it.......So money doesn't always equal a win......It's a combination of good equipment, good set up, plus the knowledge to use it all and good driver....

Case in point, Doug Andrews at Heart o Texas Speedway had a car he raced for probably 10+ years, it was an old, beat up, bent up thing, ugliest car on the track......but he had over 100 wins in the thing.....Why?.....Because he knew the right set up, knew the track and how to apply what he had to make it work....Had very little to do with money!!!!

Well Jason lets check your "proven points"

USMTS has skyrocketing car counts----Disproven

Texas tracks are picking up USMTS shows----but dropping them just as fast----Disproven

IMCA Mods are falling----Disproven

Money buys wins----Disproven

Sportmods are as fast as Mods----put them on the same tires----Disproven

Looks to me like a lot of your points are pretty much DISPROVEN.......

So just what the hell is your point anyway? You asked about running a USMTS show at I-37 and I gave you the reasons why it's not feasible......Yet you continued the arguement.....

Tell ya what.....I know of at least two Texas tracks for sale(probably more in 2011).....So you go buy/lease one and you can show us all how it's supposed to be done since you seem to know everything....

Ok. Your right. You know what it takes just by writing. This isn't the 60's. Its 2010! I would NEVER buy i track unless i wanted to go broke and gain nothing. And mods havent fallen off, theres just an average of 8 every race and we had around 16 before. Oh, and you don't have to have the bucks to win and run top 3. You just to be a good driver with a low buck car with none up to date equipment and used tires. Your right cowboy! U said, "good equipment gets you there", right? Ok. Good equipment=Money to buy it! So USMTS won't ever happen. Thats all i was looking for. I shouldn't of even asked about it. Instead, i get negative crap from the guy that wrote the "How to race stockcars cheap and win" book. I bought that book. Didn't help. It just told me to buy the "How to grow a money tree" book. That didn't help either. So i sold the car cause being a one man team gets old.

LMAO "COWBOY " :lol::lol::ph34r: AND THEN OH AND THEN :o THEN SOME MORE EXACTLY DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE :huh:" WE "WHERE THE DID THE "WE" COME FROM I DID NOT BRING THE 2011 HARRIS INTO THIS U DID I JUST PUT SOME FACTS OUT THERE "THATS A HECK OF A DEAL 4 THOUSAND FOR A LATE MODEL MOTOR " AND THE PAST IS HE PAST RIGHT JASON WELL MOST HOPE

AND BY THE WAY I KNOW OF 4 CARS THAT WILL BE THERE NEXT YEAR AND I KNOW OF 3 THAT R GETTING NEW CARS THE MOD DRIVERS AND CAR OWNERS ARE STEPPING UP THERE GAME JASON BORLACE WON WITH AN OLDER CHASSIS :) (NOT SURE WHAT YEAR) MIKE MCCARTHY OLDER CHASSIS :) EGBERT WON WITH A 07 CAR SO ITS PROVEN U CAN WIN WITH A OLDER CHASSIS SO DONT MISLEAD PEOPLE AND IVE SEEN WAY OLDER CHASSIS ALMOST WIN :ph34r: IM ALL ABOUT MAKING THE SHOW BETTER FOR THE FANS ITS NOT EASY AND THERE ARE SOME OUTLAW GUYS THAT IF THEY MAKE THERE CARS IMCA LEGAL ITS GOING TO SHAKE IT ALL UP :ph34r: ITS ALL ABOUT THE SHOW AND KEEPING THEM ON THE EDGE OF THERE SEATS AND CUTTING ENTRY FEES IS NOT THE ANSWER THE ANSWER IS CREATE A GREAT SHOW AND GIVE THE FANS THE BIGGEST BANG FOR THERE BUCK :P PS IT STARTED OUT AS AN ANSWER U BROUGHT THE B S IN TO IT

Can I add apoint here? we r a good example of how money isnt cure to be good. We went out for the first this year and broke a balancer in hot laps. So, we didnt get to race all season because we wanted to build,a motor the right way. If a drivers heart has the patience to spend time and what money is aval, anyone can win. Rt now for us to just finish a race is a win for us. And I know we will now that we have done our hm wk. My impression from all of this is people try to race out of thier means. If I didnt think we could be competitive in llm, then I would move down because my dream has always been to drive a racecar with others and be competitive. Its easier to move down a class to keep racing than it is to go broke moving up trying to run with guys that are fortunate due to thier paths in life. So its not fair to bash someone like greg if you domt know the guy. He was a drag racer from iowa. He adapted to dirt racing quickly. And through dedication could probly go to the lowest income invested car and show,its full potential. Everyone thinks we have a ton of money because we have a true southern late model. But if you really knew the story, we got lucky. My point, if you want to race, and are a true racer, and cant afford what you have anymore, suck up the pride and move to somethin you can afford and keep puttin on that show. The llm class next year will be one to watch. And very affordable to be in. and they look cool. If any one wants to come and look at a true low budget latemodel feel free. Ill show,you that it doesnt take millions to look good, run good and have fun. Drivers need to come together for each other and the fans.

Cowboy??????....Hardly....more like Hippie!!!!....Get it right....LMFAO

FYI.....Since the 70's I've been a driver, crew, crew chief, videographer, announcer and now writer(that still gets to race once in a whle).....I even freaking did scoring once.....I'd say it's another disproven fact but seems a moot point.....But I've seen racing from all sides of the fence and do have a better grasp than some people....

I've seen classes, sanctions, series, tracks all disappear.....More than I can count on both hands.....and feet....

After 2009 when the track tried Outlaw Mods...and got about 4-5 then canceled the class it's going to take a while to show stability in the class and regain the trust of racers

The only thing I will add is spending money smart and experience is the real key to coming out on top. You have to spend the time and commit yourself to being good. It takes time, help, thinking outside the box and doing your homework but most of all it does take money. With that being said there is still ways to spend money wisely and get the most bang for your buck! Unfortunately nobody has instant experience in that area "spending" until you actually do it. You buy what you think will get the job done, sometimes you cut corners and sometimes you overspend but if you learn from your mistakes then you start exploring all options. I have said from day one most racers race one class above their talent or above what their wallet allows. I seen alot of drivers at the beginning of each season show up but once something happens to the motor or car they are parked for the year or most of it. Racers are and will always be their own biggest problem. Nowadays most new drivers want emmediate results and those drivers are too few and far. My advice is find as many sponsors as you can to help take some of that burden off and then find the fast guys. You follow them on the track and you talk to them off the track. You sponge up as much info as possible and share it all with your crew chief. Lastly everything above is all BS if you not having fun.

Archived