Thank You

Tps_55

Yes ... John Miesen and Tory Christopher ... While you were posting "your thanks", we assume that you were unaware of the "Live - Update Coverage" by Nick Holt at the "Spectacular" in which he posted on LoneStarSpeedzone.

Nick wrote, "Next up are the Texas Pro Sedans for a 35-lap feature to honor the 35 years of existence of the TPS under the leadership of Neil Upchurch"

I thank Nick and those TPS members who understand how the Texas Pro Sedans have operated so well for 35 years and those who work so hard to make it possible.

We hope all members can attend the annual TPS Awards Dinner on October 30th. (full information is available in this forum).

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Administrative Director

we didnt get to run with tps much this year ....had a problem with the new motor for jr to run this race ....... so last minute deciding in which i wasnt told aboult till it was decided ..my son intered the tps race with a plain old stock car . to the car he hit ..sorry he could not stop in time nore the car would not turn ...happend so fast ...... hope its fixable ...he still got 20 laps in after we banged out the spring bucket away from the tire ..................... .

NOW FOR DAVE .....I WANT TO PERSONALY THANK YOU FOR A FINE JOB .YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN US ONE REASON TO QUESTION YOUR ABUILITY TO GET THINGS DONE ..YOU HAVE SHOWN US WHAT LITTLE TIME WE HAVE SPENT TOGETHER THE UPMOST RESPECT.. SOMETHING THAT IS HARD TO GIVE WHEN CONFRONTED WITH ALL YOU HAVE TO DO ....I NOW REALLY UNDERSTAND WHY MARY ANN AND NEIL TEAM UP WITH YOU ...YOUR ONE OF A KIND ....IM SORRY I CANT REMEMBER HIS NAME .YOUR HELPER AND RIGHT HAND MAN .. HE IS A NICE MAN AND WITH BOTH OF YOU ..TPS IS IN GOOD HANDS .............. ON ANOTHER NOTE ....YOU WERE CONFRONTED ALONG WITH MARY ANN A HARD DECISSION WITH MY SON BEING PUT IN WITH THE THUNDER STOCK CLASS FRIDAY NIGHT AFTER JACK HAD TO MAKE A CALL TO PUT HIM THERE .AS YOU SAW HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN FAST ENOUGH TO STAY OUT OF THE WAY EVEN WITH THOSE TIRES THOSE FINE THUNDER HILL RACERS OFFERED US ... THANK YOU AND MARY ANN FOR CHANGING HIS CLASS STATUS .....YOU AND MARY ANN MADE ME AND JOSHUA FEEL ALOT BETTER .AND MADE THOSE THUNDER STOCK DRIVERS FEEL BETTER ......AND I THANK DAN MONROE FOR HIS HELP IN THIS .BOTH MARY ANN AND DAVE WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN ALL OF THIS WITHOUT YOUR HELP .........

AND FINALLY .. THANK YOU NEIL ......

Sure wish I could have raced in the feature but my year ended just like it started...engine woes. Was looking foward to double duty and logging a lot of laps. Wasn't to be. Thanks David and Richard for ensuring TPS had another great year. Was strange without Neil's drivers meetings. Thank you Neil for all the logistics. Would also like to thank Meeks Motorsports for all they did this year Thank you Jeff, John and Mike. Congrats to Mike Merrell on the back to back championships. You represent us well. And thanks to all who came out to race with us this year. enjoyed it all.

Ozzy

I had my problems this year, no doubt. I kept at it but was not a great season for me for sure. I congratulate Mike for his great season-he truly deserved the Championship! I also congratulate Al for his Rookie of the Year Achievement!

I also thank Dave Mackie for his role this season and all the TPS Officials this year! I went out with a "bang" this last race-but not the bang I wanted. Thanks to all the THR safety Officials for being there for me as I was "blowing" my motor! Sorry guys, But-I'll be back!

Sergio

I would also like to say thanks.

David Mackey does a great job keeping it together and running at the track, Richard Adams with flawless service to all of us pro sedan members. A couple of great guys.

The man and woman behind the scene, Neil and Terry Upchurch. You have decicated your life to the Texas Pro Sedans. Being race director for over three decades and now administrator cant be an easy job.

Thanks for the time and effort you spend in negotiations and pursuing sponsors to get us the best purse possible and the late nights calculating score and payouts.

Your dedication will be well rewarded.

Thanks Mary Ann and all the THR staff for providing a second to none facility and allowing us to be a part of it.

Thanks to all of my fellow racers for accepting me into the pro sedan orginazition. Its an honor to be associated with the people in the best and longest running 4 cyl circut in Texas.

And thanks to dad. You worked hard and deserve more then words can say.

Mike Merrell

I want to thank the TPS organization and all its members for the great shows they put on wherever they go. I have enjoyed the TPS racing at the SAS and THR tracks over the years and never walked away from one of their shows that I did not like. Always good racing and always good car counts. I enjoy talking to those TPS members that I have met over the years and have always loved the attitude these folks display all the time. Shows that the organization is well ran and my thanks to all those responsible for making this one of the finest racing organizations in the state. See you all next season. And Mike, hope to see more of you next year.

Dan :) o

Archived