Nationals?

RACER822002

Johnny does not use the computer after getting fried by a few forked tougned writers a couple of years ago.But the full schedule is posted on the Rio Grande Speedway home page.

The SM Nationals are Nov 10 through the 13th.There was talk about possibly hosting a second class as a support class.Nothing decided about that yet.

The Nationals in November has been a big part of RGS for years.I have participated 10 times myself.Lots of track time and cars from all over.In its heyday 150 to 175 modifieds were there and when the Sport mods were invented another 80 or so of them.Now its only Sport Mods but a great show last year.Should be even better this year.

If any questions,call Johnny Johnson,the owner and he will gladly talk on the phone.Just not on a computer.Dont miss the Nationals.

• 2 weeks later...

OK,just talked to Johnny and he is considering adding a fender class,most likely pure stocks and trying to figgure out how to accomidate all the different tracks rules.Most likely something like running by your home tracks rules as an invited class to race with the RGS pures.This will include I-37,STS,THR,SOS, Edna,and any other similar car asphalt or dirt.Im not sure about bombers if they are similar enough.There is a man working on this but I forgot his name.I think from Edna.I think his name is Monte something.Any pures or similar cars intrested should post something.

Johnny chose the pure stocks because they dont get a lot of big shows and he wanted to do something for them.Maybe next year we can add the frontrunners and/or ministocks.

Modifieds were talked about but they would have to bring their own show and sponsoers.

In any case the Limiteds are most definately on for a 4 day show.And we are racing Oct 2 also for a regular show. Thanks for reading.

Nick if you see this Johnny wants to know what it takes for a live broadcast. Thanks.

OK,just talked to Johnny and he is considering adding a fender class,most likely pure stocks and trying to figgure out how to accomidate all the different tracks rules.Most likely something like running by your home tracks rules as an invited class to race with the RGS pures.This will include I-37,STS,THR,SOS, Edna,and any other similar car asphalt or dirt.Im not sure about bombers if they are similar enough.There is a man working on this but I forgot his name.I think from Edna.I think his name is Monte something.Any pures or similar cars intrested should post something.

Johnny chose the pure stocks because they dont get a lot of big shows and he wanted to do something for them.Maybe next year we can add the frontrunners and/or ministocks.

Modifieds were talked about but they would have to bring their own show and sponsoers.

In any case the Limiteds are most definately on for a 4 day show.And we are racing Oct 2 also for a regular show. Thanks for reading.

Nick if you see this Johnny wants to know what it takes for a live broadcast. Thanks.

how pure stock are thier pure stocks ...you think our bombers may have to much gb ............ as for nick .. pick a weekend there is no other race ..and just add food for his pay .. he works for food ...

Archived