Live Updates

texana55

Got my laptop with me and gonna attempt to do live updates on this thread periodically throughout the night. Probably won't be able to do it with real good promptness or speed, but gonna give it a try.

As a reminder, tonight is a Limited Mod only event "The 1st Annual Aaron Hudgeons Memorial". It is $1,500 to win with a healthy purse all the way down, including $100 to start the A Main.

Currently it is 5:40 pm and hot. But, not as hot as it has been the last few weeks. The opening ceremonies should start about 7:30 pm, with time trials for everyone entry. They are taking the top 10 in time trials straight to the A Main. Not sure what the car count will be. This event came together very quickly in a matter of a few weeks with several sponsors and big money thrown in by the track owners. No matter what, it will be good to see several good drivers competing for this 1st Annual Memorial event.

Aaron Hudgeons was a beloved racer who called Texana Raceway Park his home track. He competed and won at numerous tracks. He and his dad Kurt started manufacturing the Rush Chassis Limited Mods around 2006, which have seen lots of victories by several different drivers. Aaron fought a strong battle against a very agressive cancer for two years. But, he was taken in July. He was truly a friend to everyone he came into contact with. Tonights events will be in honor of Aaron and there will be many of his fans and friends racing and spectating and working the track as well.

I'm going to take a walk thrue the pits and I'll update on some of the drivers here.

-Monty

Just go back from making a walk thru the pits. Just a few of the names you may know... Howard Willis, Lawrence Milkunecak, J J Jennings, Dustin Butcher, Paul White in Brad Ball's car, Grant Brown, Texana 2010 track champion GW Hessong, Roly Rodriguez, Art Rodriquez, Jensen Pray, Vince Kacir, Victor Lindsey, Vince Louden, Aaron Ivory.... Many more... those are just the ones I could remember from memory without writing them down... More rolling in the gates right now... Probably have the drivers meeting a little later than usual since several are coming from a long distance away.....

Roly Rodriguez - 19.254

Jacob Burnett - 19.36

Chad Cambron - 19.033

John O Whittington - 18.87

Dustin Brandl - 19.103

Vince Kacir - 19.48

Larry Paris - 20.54

Phillip Cantu - 19.36

JJ Jennings - 19.15

Shane Hoefling - 19.42

Ruben Montes - 21.93

Lawrence Milkunecak - 18.84