mounting go Kart tires...

dancer52

Ok...trying to mount (actually just seat the beads) turf tires...I have tried all the old tricks...tying a rope around center...second air tank adding forced air...cussing....I am at the point right now I tried gluing one bead to the wheel (will see if it works today after work)...and have a spring compressor stretching the other tire...just one more reason to hate karts...anyone have any better ideas...cause mine suck...AJ

spray some ether in it and toss it a match. Just kidding - but I know a guy who used to do just that to mount the big tires. It worked - it would go POOF and be at 45 lbs instantly! I would run when he started doing tire work!

But on the serious side - soapy water has a better filming characteristic than windex. Dish soap straight (or very slightly dilluted with water) has enough surface tension that it should make a temp seal and allow the air to work.

umm..actually tried ether....almost burned tire to the ground..lol what I mean..is that the tire is 3 inches wide..and the wheel is like 6...just cant pull the tire near close enough to even start taking air...

Tire shop? the place i bought the tire from just laughed at me...told me good luck...not sure i know of a shop that will mount 5 inch kart tires....know of a place?...I would gladly pay....

You need one of these little buggers. You can make one out of sheet metal and use ratchet straps instead of that screw thingy they use. Something else I tried (it worked) but it was a lot of trouble. I went to Lowes and bought the smallest dia pipe insulation (like roll bar padding) and cut two pieces that fit around the wheel and tire at the bead then used almost a whole roll of the wifes suran wrap to hold it in place. Worked real good.

http://www.tsracing.com/store/showdetl.cfm...711&CATID=3

One of these will come in real handy when its time to take the monster off.

http://www.tsracing.com/store/showdetl.cfm...236&CATID=3

AJ,

I have a wrap that we used. (it causes the tire to grow outward instead of upward.)When I get by the shop I will get the name of the company. I know there is a guy here in SA who sells karting stuff, I can call to see if he sells them. I'd sell you mine but it is packaged with everything else I have for sale with the kart.

Mark

AJ,

I have a wrap that we used. (it causes the tire to grow outward instead of upward.)When I get by the shop I will get the name of the company. I know there is a guy here in SA who sells karting stuff, I can call to see if he sells them. I'd sell you mine but it is packaged with everything else I have for sale with the kart.

Mark

let me get the correct .. if you buy the wrap you get the cart ..how much for the wrap ...

use a piece of 6in pvc to slide over wheel and push bead on one side of wheel. then take an 8 or 10 in piece of pvc and push over tire from seated side pushing unseated side close enough to take air. Thats the way the kart shop I bought my kids tires and wheels did it.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks everyone...I used a piece of plastic (race car plastic..whatever it is..) about 8 inches wide wrapped around the circumference..and put ratchet strap around it..lubed beads up with wheel grease...and it went right on....3 min. worth of work...if you dont count the 3 days before that...lol

Archived