this sat (August 21, 2010)

thumper

Well I just finished getting Thumper ready for this Sat.Lots of little things,CV joint boots,1 ball joint,valva adjustment,battery replacement,oil change,spring changes etc.Might have found a couple of tenths.Little things can add up sometimes.

Good turn out last week.I hope Nellie is repaired.Did Charley get a clutch?28 car sure is pretty,Im scared to get close.Glad Bubba is running again,also good to have a Neon again.I hope everyone makes it back so we can chase that yellow horse.

I dont find a website for CC anymore.Has the web site moved???Thunders are still on for tomorrow arent they??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think everyone is alittle scared to get close ...lol ..rubbing and racen is one thing ..dumb moves is another ..but we all make those at one time or another ...just not often .....found couple of ponies under the hood we didnt have last week ..built the car ..negleted the motor ..aint that the way it is ...... looking for some clean hard racen ....should have joshua in the bomber this weekend ..so our time is full with three cars .and a forth on the way ...... help..help ..

i think everyone is alittle scared to get close ...lol ..rubbing and racen is one thing ..dumb moves is another ..but we all make those at one time or another ...just not often .....found couple of ponies under the hood we didnt have last week ..built the car ..negleted the motor ..aint that the way it is ...... looking for some clean hard racen ....should have joshua in the bomber this weekend ..so our time is full with three cars .and a forth on the way ...... help..help ..
I'm coming down tomorrow. Don't know if I'd be a help or a hindrance, but if ya want...

GB YOU NEED TO REMEMBER YOU ARE RACEN AT CC ..THIS LOOSE DIRT TRACK STYLE OF YOURS WONT WORK HERE ...WELL NOT FOR LONG ..........SO LEAVE THE DIRT CAR AT HOME AND BRING THUMPER BACK ...BUT I MUST SAY YOU AND CODY PUT ON A GOOD CLEAN HARD DOWN TO EARTH ALITTLE RUBBING GOING ON RACE .. BRINGS BACK OLD MEMORYS OF MY GLORY YEARS OF RACEN AGAINST SOME OF THE OLD GUYS ......I WANTED TO BE IN ONE OF THOSE TWO CARS ..LOOKED LIKE A TON OF FUN .... LISA AND NELLIE HAD A GOOD CLEAN RACE GOING ON ..UP UNTILL THE SPIN ..SORRY YOU LOST A RIM ..WE DID TOO .. MAYBE A CONTROL ARM TO BOOT ..BUT NO ONE WAS HURT .AND JUST A RACEN THING ...REAR BUMPER BUMPS FROM FRONT BUMPER OF CAR BEHIND YOU .. AND SPINS WILL HAPPEN SOMETIMES ....NO FAULT OF CAR WITH FRONT BUMPER .SO THAT CAR IS CLEAR OF WRONG DOING ...........CODY YOU COULD NOT STOP SO ITS COOL ..

Thanks Speedy,link works great.Im surprised at the results.Thumper is as fast as he ever was but still not good enough.

Mike,looks like the rule modifications you guys made over the years has done the job.A front wheel drive car cannot outrun the best Ford.It was only a matter of time.This truly is a Ford class now and thats OK.Anyone considering racing a FWD in this class should re-consider if winning is important.

I must admit Im at a loss for any more adjustments.The car was fast but loose.If I soften the RR spring,the LF tire will spin in the center.If I stifen the RF spring I get LF wheel spin in the straights and a push at the center.I could have missed that wreck except the 300#s of lead washed me up.1 foot to the left and I would have cleared.I have yellow paint from my r door to the rear.The RR wheel is folded over and the rear axle beam is bent back so far the tire hits the rear fender well.

I know I sound like Im whining but its really frustration.I dont care what others do but I really hate these penalities.They were unfounded and with them we will never know if a FWD can compete with a good RWD.When you guys took out the claim rule you opened the door for exactly this type of car but I thought it would come from the north as a Pro Sedan.Now theres only a motor claim.I dont know if one of those Ford motors is worth 1200$.If someone bought mine I could build a better one.

Cody if you see this,great job on another great win.You derserve it and your car is really impresive.Charley you also had a great run in a car you never drove before.I know the horsepower did not scare you,I have watched you in a 400 cubic inch modified running over 100 mph on a 1/2 mile dirt track in Missouri.Your going to be great too.

And HT before you start talking about how fast the Oro Sedan Scirroco is just remember he has a locked diff,weighs 1600 pounds and can adjust his suspension however he weants.Also another well built and maintained car,as good of a VW that Cody is a Ford.

Congrats to all the racers of CC Speedway on a great nite of racing.Theres no question that the track is comming back.It was an exciting nite of racing all around.Too damm hot though.

Enough whining.This week I will see if Thumper is repairable.Hes hurt.

Theres nothing to be ashamed of G.B. You have a quarter of most of there cars. (monetarily speaking) Roll your sleeves up and get it done! I know you can. Great job to all the thunders. Cody has bought his A game!

gb isnt used to being a brides maid ...... and we know gb is capable of turning that car around ....... i remember when he said .the weight yah add to me only helps ...ok .. come to think of it ..there is no left side weight rule .there is a advantage ..if you use it ...... how many times over the years ..have we heard from you gb . oh and nick ...just do your homework . learn how to set up a car ... now looking at how codys car handles ....he is out driveing you gb .he is young ..his car looks like a dog.s tail waggleing back and forth ....you are making him hang that car out on the edge ...aint like he is just blowing you away ..now over the last how many years you just took off and the rwd.s didnt see you till either you lapped them or the race ended ..... what was it again ..work on set up .do your homework ......and drive harder .. ..gotta give you grief ..its fun .....,one other thing . a few other fords are trying to catch that ford . he has us all covered right now ....

.... how many times over the years ..have we heard from you gb . oh and nick ...just do your homework . learn how to set up a car ... now looking at how codys car handles .....

Glad to see you now understand what I have been talking about all these years. Just like I said, the first Ford guy who actually applies racing suspension engineering stuff into his car (like GB has done all these years) is going to kick butt because the suspension rules are all in the Ford's favor. It took a while, but someone finally did that.

Nick

.... how many times over the years ..have we heard from you gb . oh and nick ...just do your homework . learn how to set up a car ... now looking at how codys car handles .....

Glad to see you now understand what I have been talking about all these years. Just like I said, the first Ford guy who actually applies racing suspension engineering stuff into his car (like GB has done all these years) is going to kick butt because the suspension rules are all in the Ford's favor.

Nick

So why not level the playing field? Beating someone because they are handicapped within the rules hardly seems rewarding. Maybe they should add an asterisk next to the winners name......LOL

* won because suspension rules favor my car

well it dont show codys time on mylaps but gb your cars is right there in the low 16's and that is what times we used to race at . the only time i seen on cody was for the 14th and it was 16.137 its amazing we used to race at the low 16's the fords had less motor than now . but we didnt know what we was doing acording to some people i remember when me and david horton ( who ran a vw) qualifyed 1 tenth of a second apart at a 16.02 and a 16.01 and ran 10 laps door handle to door in the first heat .old timer and gb and bubba anyone thats been around the track awhile should remember . these guys are just getting down to where we used to be at . and yet we had less motor in the fords than is allowed now . ours was all in the suspension

well it dont show codys time on mylaps but gb your cars is right there in the low 16's and that is what times we used to race at . the only time i seen on cody was for the 14th and it was 16.137 its amazing we used to race at the low 16's the fords had less motor than now . but we didnt know what we was doing acording to some people i remember when me and david horton ( who ran a vw) qualifyed 1 tenth of a second apart at a 16.02 and a 16.01 and ran 10 laps door handle to door in the first heat .old timer and gb and bubba anyone thats been around the track awhile should remember . these guys are just getting down to where we used to be at . and yet we had less motor in the fords than is allowed now . ours was all in the suspension

ok but what are the other cars turning now 16.7s-17s+, what did yall turn last year? I wasnt around then but i dont think the track was in as bad shape then as it is now and that is gonna have a lot to do with the times we all run

i have as well as youi do ..videos from back in 1989 .when we were running 16.1 16.2. with darn near stock motors .... our motor was 30.over ..plain jane stock piston.s stock rods ,,stock heads with a cam .stock 35 pound flywheel ...stock 52.00 carb . and it was a 2.0 .....really low power .. .cars were way heavy compare to today.s and were running on treads ..... jesse ..randy lee ..lalo and gb were in the 15.8 range with not much more than that ..in the late 90.s .. scott sulivan and david lennard not correct spelling ..were running in the 15.s in 86 .87 ....on treads .....i hit the 15.9s in 89 ..a rookie..... .they would get a laugh if they could see today a car from way back then ...how it was set up ..lalo won his championship in an mustang you and i built ... with a chezzie sit up .....funny part is ...more money ..better springs ..and technoligy .. and these cars are really no faster than back then ....... tire make a differents ....cody isnt turning those lap times cuz his car handles any better than what we had back then ..actualy .his car would be slower .. his motor makes up for the differents ..drag racen .....cody not picking on you here .your just the fast one at this time ....but motor did play the biggestpart in letting you get up to him ... gb does not have that kind of power ... gb if everyone would have changed the motor rule in the begening the season .like some of us asked for .....you would still be the king ..but then again maybe not .less power can equal more speed ....

well mike, i dont think if these fords would do there homework gb would be king .i still think the fords allow to much in the motor dept. its just to many people building bigger motors and doing less on the suspension work . how many of the fords even think about the shocks and struts they run .i did a lot of research and toke off 3 ths of a second just by changing struts .

well mike, i dont think if these fords would do there homework gb would be king .i still think the fords allow to much in the motor dept. its just to many people building bigger motors and doing less on the suspension work . how many of the fords even think about the shocks and struts they run .i did a lot of research and toke off 3 ths of a second just by changing struts .

steven there is aboult 4 tenths left in the 28 ..with no adjustments on car to do toget it there ..the driver is catching up with this new car ... and it isnt just motor ..this car has suprised us .. only made two handle adjustments .. miner at that ...probably alittle more hiding there im sure ..

Mite get a little more speed if the distributor was tighten down too... So you guys back in the day were faster then us now on.....So if you guys were so fast back then, or running the same time as of now....Then why are you cryin about motor again....Not making any since, You say, you guys were faster or just as fast with stock parts then us today... but aren't running with us because of a rule??? Let me ask you this, Your stock parts, stock car, Isn't that what the front runner class is? and if so then why are they not turning the times we are? well maybe one car is lol....

Mite get a little more speed if the distributor was tighten down too... So you guys back in the day were faster then us now on.....So if you guys were so fast back then, or running the same time as of now....Then why are you cryin about motor again....Not making any since, You say, you guys were faster or just as fast with stock parts then us today... but aren't running with us because of a rule??? Let me ask you this, Your stock parts, stock car, Isn't that what the front runner class is? and if so then why are they not turning the times we are? well maybe one car is lol....

now what car would that be ..lol.. cost is what is hurting this class ...... now take this in consideration ..... take off power today verses then .....then would get blown away .. that part got left out .... so figure what cost do you want . to get those times ......i think if i am right ..you have a big motor sitting at home ..why ... cuz you get blown away at the start ..and though you can get your car purty close in lap times with what you have in it now .....the power cars have left you behind ..would it not be smarter to race those laps time through the turns .cost less and have more cars ... why is it thunders are haveing a hard time getting car counts ...my son would have been racen this year with the thunders .steven would have been racen two or three cars .but price got to far away ....and knowing dallor power is the reason for the times the cars are running now ..... so we have a bomber ....cheaper ...you cant argue the fact car count is way down .and dallor motors are one major part of it ...i tell you what ..go back to staock motors .and see just where this class will grow .... we .steven and i said this from the beginning ..of this year ..but we were the old guys and out dated ... we didnt know anything .. well my friend ..i havent seen a big surge in building new cars .....so whats the answer ..my and stevens ideals .or yah .s .. my bet steven and i would win everytime with car counts verses yours ...... see you at the races .......

when they was running the mcreary tires we had dads pinto to mid 15 s. thats when they had the outlaw class 2 that was running in the 14 s . gb you had that winged car . and as far as running the towel city. i think the cars should be running them now. then you wouldnt have different tires with different compounds .everyone would be on the same tires .and look into the cost they are about the same price you are paying for tires now . poor boy remembers those days he was running a v w back then . you want to build the car count up remove the alum heads . and go to a track tire if you people dont want to beleave us on the times. just get a vhs player ( old school ) and ill let you watch the video s. YOUR CLASS IS HURTING FOR CARS .the season is almost over get together make a set of rules to help build this class back up. you cannt go back to a pure stock class you have the front runners .so find something that is affordable . the economy isnt real good right. now most of your racers are the working guys .and food comes before the race car. if he cannt afford to do both guess what one gets parked

when they was running the mcreary tires we had dads pinto to mid 15 s. thats when they had the outlaw class 2 that was running in the 14 s . gb you had that winged car . and as far as running the towel city. i think the cars should be running them now. then you wouldnt have different tires with different compounds .everyone would be on the same tires .and look into the cost they are about the same price you are paying for tires now . poor boy remembers those days he was running a v w back then . you want to build the car count up remove the alum heads . and go to a track tire if you people dont want to beleave us on the times. just get a vhs player ( old school ) and ill let you watch the video s. YOUR CLASS IS HURTING FOR CARS .the season is almost over get together make a set of rules to help build this class back up. you cannt go back to a pure stock class you have the front runners .so find something that is affordable . the economy isnt real good right. now most of your racers are the working guys .and food comes before the race car. if he cannt afford to do both guess what one gets parked

steven .its an age old problem ..some drivers cant see thier nose depite it being right in front of them you know between thier eyes ............. i would rather see 15 cars then 7 ....good night i have had my fun with this ..now im bored ..on to something else ..

Archived