Finish Car # r Driver/Hometown Car Type/Engine CC *** <Fastest Qual> ***

1, 27 Bill LaBarge/Bryan, TX BMW/2313 *** 15.337 *** 37 Laps

2, 70 Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX VW Scirocco/1690 *** <14.847> *** 37 Laps

3, 20 Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX VW GTI/2042 *** 16.079 *** 37 Laps

4, 55 John Miesen/Marion, TX VW Sedan/2175 *** 16.216 *** 37 Laps

5, 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX Ford Mustang/2340-arca *** 15.262 *** 37 Laps

6, 23 J.J. Osburn III/Converse, TX Ford Mustang/2338-svo *** 16.014 *** 35 Laps

7, 16 ®- Al Bushong/Yorktown, TX Ford Taurus/2338 *** 15.832 *** 34 Laps

8, 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX Ford Mustang/2342-svo *** 16.850 *** 32 Laps

9, 01 Tory Christopher/Universal City, TX Toyota Celica/1600 *** 17.720 *** 32 Laps

10, 9 ®- Bobby Burrows/Yorktown, TX Ford Fusion/2338-svo D *** 16.881 *** 32 Laps

11, 73 ®- Cody Limerick/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Mustang/2349-svo *** 15.420 *** 28 Laps

12, 29 Johnny Guerra/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Mustang/2338-svo *** 16.177 *** 22 Laps

13, 40 ®- Robert Robbins/Bastrop, TX Ford Pinto/2330 *** 17.934 *** 20 Laps

14, 14 Rico Gutierrez/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Mustang/2338 *** 17.171 *** 16 Laps

15, 04 Nathan Robbins/Bastrop, TX Ford Pinto/2330 *** 15.844 *** 8 Laps

16, 26 Lalo Leal/Corpus Christi, TX Ford Cobra/2342-arca *** 15.924 *** 7 Laps

17, 48 Mike Knotts/Frankfurt, Germany VW Scirocco/1780 *** 17.198 *** 7 Laps

18, 3 Bob Sherland/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1789 *** dna

19, 21 ®- Daniel Wilkerson/Corpus Christi Ford Mustang/2349 *** dna

20, 56 Jason Krueger/Seguin, TX VW Sedan/1835 *** dna

21, 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX VW Scirocco/1600 *** dna

22, 38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX 2001 VW Sedan/1588 *** dna

23, 97 Kevin Hallman/Cibolo, TX Ford Mustang/2338 *** dna

24, 77 ®- Gary Harris/Austin, TX Ford Mustang/2338 *** dna

25, 50 Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX VW Rabbit/1870 *** dna

26, 7 Pete Wright/Ft. Worth, TX VW Scirocco/1984 *** dna

27, 88 Dennis Taylor/Universal City, TX Chevrolet Cobalt/2232 *** dna

Margin of Feature Race Victory - 4.237 seconds.

#70 Mike Merrell's <14.847> breaks CCS/TPS standing record of

15.050 held by Mike Merrell since April 10, 2010 (3 pts)

The TPS Feature Race ran 2 extra laps due to a communications

problem between CCS Race Control and Flagman

Technical Inspections: All cars were weighed after Time Trials.

#27, 70, 20, 55, 15 & 23 were weighed after the race.

#15 rear grid penalty, 15 minutes late to Driver's Meeting.

#9 penalized to rear grid for left side % weight infraction.

#55's carburetor passed inspection after the race.

(No Feature Race technical penalties were issued at this race).

dna-did not arrive ... ®- eligible for 2010 TPS "Rookie Of The Year" Award

TPS thanks Race Sponsors:

Patrick Limerick - Janet's Cakery - Corpus Christi

Guerra's Lawn Service, Corpus Christi - thru: Johnny Guerra

Travelodge Airport Hotel - Corpus Christi

TPS thanks CC Speedway for hosting two races during the 35th consecutive TPS season.

TPS Results posted and declared official at track by TPS Race Director David Mackey.

TPS Results certified and distributed by TPS Administrative Director Neil Upchurch.

TEXAS PRO SEDANS 2010 REMAINING SCHEDULE (Subject to Change, Additions, Deletions)

Race Rain Track Remarks

Sep 25 tba Thunderhill Raceway/Kyle, TX THR "Spectacular", Time Trials, 35 Lap Feature

Oct 30 TPS Awards Dinner (3:00 - 6:00pm) The Little Red Barn, 1836 South Hackberry, San Antonio, TX 78210

For additional TPS information - please visit:

www.texasprosedans.com/ - or - http://txsz.com/forums/

TPS Points (thru: August 7, 2010)

Position Car # ®- Driver/Hometown Points

1-- 70 Mike Merrell/Kingsland, TX *** 95

2 -- 27 Bill LaBarge/Bryan, TX *** 85

3 -- 15 Tom Johnson/Kingsland, TX *** 80

4 -- 20 Sergio Hexsel/Live Oak, TX *** 61

5 -- 16 ®- Al Bushong/Yorktown, TX *** 51

6 -- 22 Harry Osburn Jr./San Antonio, TX *** 35

7- - 29 Johnny Guerra/Corpus Christi, TX *** 35

8 -- 48 Mike Knotts/Frankfurt, Germany *** 34

9 -- 23 J.J. Osburn III/Converse, TX *** 32

10 - 55 John Miesen/Marion, TX *** 31

11 - 3 Bob Sherland/San Antonio, TX *** 30

12 - 21 ®- Daniel Wilkerson/Corpus Christi *** 29

13 - 73 ®- Cody Limerick/Corpus Christi, TX *** 25

14 - 40 ®- Robert Robbins/Bastrop, TX *** 24

15 - 26 Lalo Leal/Corpus Christi, TX *** 24

16 - 56 Jason Krueger/Seguin, TX *** 23

17 - 9 ®- Bobby Burrows/Yorktown, TX *** 22

18 - 71 Bruce Mabrito/San Antonio, TX *** 19

19 - 38 Dave Parks/San Antonio, TX *** 18

20 - 01 Tory Christopher/Universal City, TX *** 16

21 - 04 Nathan Robbins/Bastrop, TX *** 16

22 - 28 Jesse Sandoval Sr/Corpus Christi *** 13

23 - 97 Kevin Hallman/Cibolo, TX *** 12

24 - 14 Rico Gutierrez/Corpus Christi, TX *** 9

25 - 01m Adam McCosh /Cibolo, TX *** 9

26 - 77 ®- Gary Harris/Austin, TX *** 7

27 - 50 Rick Dawdy/San Antonio, TX *** 7

28 - 7 Pete Wright/Ft. Worth, TX *** 4

29 - 10 Donnie Moore/Hutto, TX *** 3

30 - 25 ®- Nick Thompson/Corpus Christi, TX *** 2

31 - 88 Dennis Taylor/Universal City, TX *** 0

TPS Drivers without 2010 points:

07 ®- Mike O'Connor/Weatherford, TX

18 Lanny Young/Kingsland, TX

66 Ariel Arredondo/Corpus Christi, TX

®- eligible for 2010 TPS "Rookie of the Year" Award

Tie breaker standings:

Mike Merrell - 2 Wins - 2 Seconds

Tom Johnson - 2 Wins - 1 Third

Bill LaBarge - 1 Win --- 3 Seconds

Sergio Hexsel - 1 Win --- 1 Third

TPS Results posted at track and declared official by:

David Mackey - Texas Pro Sedans, Race Director

Official TPS Points calculated and certified by:

Neil Upchurch - Texas Pro Sedans, Administrative Director

heck you noticed that .......a videotape could have helped there ...... i ll try to say this with all due respect .for everyone involved has to make the call and not always the right one ..........but bj this goes back to the 15 not heeding the move over flag . and slowing the leader down for how many laps ... now the leader being real classy driver . could have but didnt move the 15 . i asked that driver why he didnt move him ......his answer was ..i still have my dignity ............me i would have moved him .. and forget the dignity part ..there is a time for that not at that time ....anyway the 15 who is running for points .blocked his efforts to get by ...so instead of 70 moving him ..got wrecked himself ..from a driver .who has no class ...and has proven that over many years of racen ..jmo.......... use to be a rule at cc .if you wreck the leader on the last lap in the last turns ..you are dq.ed ... maybe tps should look into useing this rule .....that was a dash for cash move ..the loser gets to put cash out for parts ................ i have never in all the years seen the fans boo a tps driver ...they would not let the winner speak ...good for them ..but also good for tps ....good for the track ...

why did i say good for tps .and good for the track ...........after hearing just aboult every what 2. 3 hundred spectator.s boo the winner ..means they were into the race and were injoying it ....... listening to the fans around me they injoyed it ..i mean darn how many cars .i didnt get the count .18 or so ...thats almost more than all the other classes combined ..... the fans were going up to the 70 and letting him know who the real winner was ..and wanting to know when will tps be back ...the answers was not comeing back this year ......to bad they all said ..they wanted to see tps again ...... hope they can work another race in ....track i am speaking not as a ambassador for tps ..we have cars that can run with em and have ofcourse ... the fans want em back ....... now for tps ..try that wreck rule ......hopefully i came off with respect to the track and tps ...i mean well .

I am with you on that they tryed to get the 15 to move over like for two lapes and he did not get out of the way I would have belped him get out of the way his car would have been the one that needs to be worked on not mine . the 70 is a true gentalman becaues the 27 would have gotten a butt beating when he made it to the back for that bs move

I would just like to say.. I dont know who you are hitech or bj.. and I really dont care.. If you have something to say to Me or Tom come say it to our face instead of posting it all over the internet!

The flagger at CC told Tom to get back on the track, he was still on the lead lap NOT a lap down. As for holding Mike up I think you missed something.. Tom was fast and not holding him up, this isnt go carts were racing and racing hard for points.. letting Mike get around would have put us a lap down.. to me thats not racing. If you want something you have to do your best and thats what we try to do. We dont wreck people.. so your talking about how Mike needs to take Tom out is rude and wrong if thats how you race so be it but we dont race like that.. this is a sport! We all put alot of money into our cars and we go out to win, not wreak each other.

First if you wanted anyones opinion you would have stayed till the racies were over . Second you still must have been passed because after hitting the wall the 70 still beat you so you were not that fast and read it over we both basicly said they waved the flag at the 15 to get out of the way of the leaders he did not so The 70 should have help the 15 get out of the way not take him out I would have put him in the wall before I would have been put in the wall The TPS officials should have DQ the 15 for staying in the way and basicly causeing the crash JMO

First if you wanted anyones opinion you would have stayed till the racies were over . Second you still must have been passed because after hitting the wall the 70 still beat you so you were not that fast and read it over we both basicly said they waved the flag at the 15 to get out of the way of the leaders he did not so The 70 should have help the 15 get out of the way not take him out I would have put him in the wall before I would have been put in the wall The TPS officials should have DQ the 15 for staying in the way and basicly causeing the crash JMO

We did not leave the track until the lights went out.. So I have know clue where that came from! thats totally stupid to say! Are you really watching us that close?

Go to myfastlaps.com you can see what kind of laps everyone is turning.

I dont know what flag you was watching.. David never told Tom to move over or get out of the way.. He is in charge of the radios.. so No clue where your getting that either.. Scroll up and look at the lap times.. um hello! And by the way.. the reason we have transpondors this year is to know exactaly where people are and how fast they are!

If you want to talk fill free to call me.. I dont play internet games

Its Wanda

830-613-5006

We did not leave the track until the lights went out.. So I have know clue where that came from. I dont know what flag you was watching.. David never told Tom to move over or get out of the way.. He is in charge of the radios.. so No clue where your getting that either.. Scroll up and look at the lap times.. um hello! And by the way.. the reason we have transpondors this year is to know exactaly where people are and how fast they are!

If you want to talk feel free to call me.. I dont play internet games

Its Wanda

830-613-5006

well buddy ..ifor one have never hid behind a screen name ...and you do know me ...and i am not going to get in a piss battle with you .. i saw what i saw .i .and i will check both lap times ..if mike was slowed down by the 15 .then we are right .if not i will admit my wrong ....... now for who i am .......mike mccain ...... you know i am with tps 28 and 7 ..jesse ....... lisa and jesse jr .... btw if i remember right ..the 70 ran down the 15 ..hum... as for the wreck .. 27 hit the 70 ..as for wrecking you car ....never said that ..did say i would move him ...and i went back and removed the wrecking part where 70 was concerned ....moved him was what i should have said /// my bad

Bill did not hit Mike they went 3 wide to the checker Tom was already past them and close to the checker.. so no one can blame Tom for that last hit.

Im sorry that this keeps getting out of hand. We have lost alot of good friends over racing.. I dont know what to say, I just thought it was fun.. now its not so fun :(

Bill did not hit Mike they went 3 wide to the checker Tom was already past them and close to the checker.. so no one can blame Tom for that last hit.

Im sorry that this keeps getting out of hand. We have lost alot of good friends over racing.. I dont know what to say, I just thought it was fun.. now its not so fun :(

i was getting on here to change alot i typed ..better judgment played into the change .....sorry .. i know you guys are good guys ..i have no problem with tom ..personaly ..we love racen him .hard to beat .... ..bill did hit mike .and mike hit the wall purty good ........

On a lighter note, congratulations to John Miesen, tps55, on another great run :lol:

took my boss out to watch this race ... he like what he saw .he liked the sound of some fast little motor.s .. he looked over that bug from above .. and honestly . he wondered why in the world someone would try racen one of those ...... didnt think it would keep up with anything ......well i explained to him .. dont think for one second those cars cant compete .. this little bug .has a randy larson built porch motor ..it isnt as slow as it looks ........ he didnt get to see all the race .. had to leave early ...so i called him today .told him that wondered why in the world bug ..finished 4 th .....he could not fathom that .... just goes to show. .dont judge that car for the typ it is ..

Archived