Thousand Buck Shootout question

In regards to the Oct 22 and 23 Thousand Buck Shootout. Is I37 inviting street stocks from the surrounding tracks IE Houston Hobbies, Texana and Shady Oaks Street Stocks. Obviously there is give and take per rules on the different tracks but after last years SOS invitation and this past weekends Texana race. All the cars from the different areas do seem to be very competitive with each other. So my question, is i37 going to welcome cars using their home track rules if so work can begin trying to get the word out to make it a much bigger event from the street stock class! Please let us know, thanks

Absolutely, cars from other tracks will be invited to I-37 Raceway for the "THOUSAND BUCK SHOOTOUT" as they were last year. What we did last year for the Pure Stocks from other tracks was they were allowed to run their rules and were teched accordingly. There was no mixing and matching of rules. The IMCA Modifieds and IMCA Sport Mods rules are all the same while Limited Lates Models are also. The SOS Street Stocks would run with I-37 Street Stocks with their rules and would be teched according to their rules.

If there are any questions about any rules, please call Jim at 367-6090.

Maybe Jim can talk Robert barker into running again and can't forget the guys racing their every saturday, aj,mike, and Dennis. They have been strong all season. Sure would make for a great race to have Robert d. chris s. Both of Randy seals cars down and the blue 35 camaro was strong. Would be outstanding to have 20 plus cars like SOS and texanna had! Sure hope you guys can make it.

Maybe Jim can talk Robert barker into running again and can't forget the guys racing their every saturday, aj,mike, and Dennis. They have been strong all season. Sure would make for a great race to have Robert d. chris s. Both of Randy seals cars down and the blue 35 camaro was strong. Would be outstanding to have 20 plus cars like SOS and texanna had! Sure hope you guys can make it.

Up here at the track we all know Wade runs pretty good just some dont know much about ya'l down there at SOS and Edna... no disrespect to Wade or any of the other guys running in the class at I37... Wish I had a car to run in that race it would be a very good gauge to see how good a driver is in that type of car in South Texas...

• 3 weeks later...
So if asphalt cars come down from Kyle, What classes would line up, Also with rules for example... Do we have to run asphalt tires, or can we change tires?

Thunder Hills Grand Stocks and Thunder Stocks will run with our Pure Stocks and switch to an 8" DOT dirt tire. STS's Bombers and Pure Stocks would run with our Pure Stocks.

Thunder Hill Super Stocks can run against I-37 Street Stocks and change to an 8" DOT dirt tire or Hoosier G60. SOS Street Stocks would run with I-37 Street Stocks. Super Stocks/ Limited Late Model rules conform between I-37, SOS, and TRP. Thunder Hill TSRS cars would run with I-37 Limited Late Models or may change their car over to conform to I-37 rules which would include 10" tires and engine modifications. Waco and Kileen Texas Twisters are invited to run with the I-37 Front Runners as are any other area tracks compact to midsize front wheel drive cars. All cars will be teched to their home track rules with no mixing and matching of rules with the exception of the info listed above for the Thunder Hill TSRS cars.

Further details to follow.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived