Time trial qualifying update.

TRP

Each Street Stock driver will draw a number at the gate when they enter the pit. We will line up for qualifying according to the draw. Lowest Number qualifies first, highest number qualifies last. If we have 25 cars or less, all will qualify on time. If we have 26 to 30 cars, top 18 times go to A-main (feature) for the money. Rest of the cars will run a B-main to make the feature. 25 cars max in the feature. Qualifying will consist of two (2) green flag laps. Best single lap time between both laps will count towards qualifying.

Oh and a BIG THANK YOU to NAPA Auto Parts and Machine in Port Lavaca Tx!!!!! They have sponsored the top (fastest) qualifier with a $100 dollar bonus for that driver's accomplishment. :)

Hope to see yall on Saturday July 24th.

And DON'T Forget, It's our annual Bicycle Give-a-Way too. I have had several racers and individuals contact me and are bringing bicycles for the kids. When you see the happiness and joy on the children's faces that this brings, you realize it is worth it. B):D

Well,,,, according to my calendar it's race day and the forecast looks real good.

Only drawback is it is a full moon or very close to one anyway... :o

I've been securing the add on purse money for tonight from the various generous sponsors adding to the tracks increased purse on street stocks. Should be awesome.... $1k to win

Well,,,, according to my calendar it's race day and the forecast looks real good.

Only drawback is it is a full moon or very close to one anyway... :o

I've been securing the add on purse money for tonight from the various generous sponsors adding to the tracks increased purse on street stocks. Should be awesome.... $1k to win

Yep, with that big bright moon its gonna be real interesting tonight....

i thought the race lived up to the hype! lots of good racing, I am glad I took the weekend off and watched from the stands. Bo Beckner finished 4th, but for a first year driver, and first time in a borrowed car, in a class like that, I am very impressed. Had there not been a lap car placed at the front on the restart you could have thrown a cast net over the top four cars....good racing and very clean driving by the top finishers. Congrats to Chris on the win, once again your patience and persistence and dedication payed off, you earned it. Congrats also to GW on the limited win, man you were flyin!

agree with you Victor. A late night, but a good one. The feature was great. I was impressed with the field and how many laps they ran green. I told Chris that was his best driving to date for any of his races I've witnessed. Most folks don't know just how much time and committment Chris pours into his racing program, so that dedication paid off big last night. I loved seeing Stephan and Chris running so close together because they are both such clean drivers. I felt like Stephan had it except for the one small bobble that opened just a small opportunity for Chris which he seized.

On a side note, Randy Seals broke in hot laps. So, before the heats started we sought permission to put him in our car (the #55) for the night . Two reasons. First, basically since I pulled on him him to drive down and support the show, I felt he should get to race after driving so darn far. Back when Bruce originally decided he was doing this for the street stocks on July 2nd, Bruce called me and asked me to help Ken by calling some of my friends in Houston and also help hype the event up on the internet (various forums). I called Randy, and he said he would come over, and I knew right off that would be good for the show from the fan perspective and for the drivers. Fact is, everyone who drives a fender car from Beaumont to the Valley sees Randy as the benchmark. It was a good draw to have him make the haul. Second, if we had the opportunity to put someone like him in our car for the night, what an opportunity for us to get some driver assessment on the car. Lauren has been telling me the car is doing this wrong and telling me the car is not doing this right. To some degree I figured it was just the learning curve for her... But, nope. Turns out, Lauren knew exactly what she was talking about. Randy pulled off a 5th place finish in Lauren's car with severe brake problems and a list of other issues (opportunities) that he helped us identify. And compounded by the fact that Lauren's car has the baby motor pulling 20 inches of vacuum, we were very extremely impressed with how he forced the car to hang. So, thank you Randy for driving the car, making it look better than it currently is, and helping out the show. We will step back and do whatever it takes to make the car better, because Lauren is truly a good driver and I think once we put properly handling equipment under her she will be able to hang with the best of them. Sorry I didn't pay closer attention to you Lauren telling me your observations on the the cars problems. I will learn now.

I want to thank all who helped us stir up the extra money. The hype did work and the feature looked real good from the stands.

-Monty

Congrats goes out to Chris from The Snow's!!!!!!!!!!!!! What good racing that was last night!

Monty even though you confused us all on who was running your cars LOL we are glad to hear that you have narrowed down the issues a bit more on Lauren's car.

See yall next week at SOS!

Congrads Chris you did what a good driver is supposed to do and thats be ready to capitalize. I thought we had it until we got the 2 laps to go and the lapper I attempted to high side pushed up. When I was passing him i could see if i didnt use the whole turn 2 up he was going to take me out. I knew the race was given away at that point! I also want to thank everyone who supported this race in whatever way they did. That is the kind of race I like to be part of. I have to say the lap traffic was pretty hairy at times but all in all it had to be a heck of a race to watch. Lastly I want to thank my family and pit crew for helping and supporting, lots of fun! Now its time for me to defend my home track!

I would like to say thanks to monty and lauren for letting me drive the #55 "yah I drive like a girl" pink seat belted, sun roofed, racecar last night. I was so disgusted after the gear broke, we were going home. Then monty and lauren approached me and wanted me to drive it which we were planning on doing anyway after the features. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to tear it up. But we decided to go with it anyway. I had fun, we learned some and I didn't touch another car (thank goodness). Thanks alot to monty and lauren for letting me do that. Not very many people would loan their car out like that not knowing what might happen.

Congrats to Chris and Stephan for putting on a show at the front. The cream always rises to the top.

I would like to say thank you to everyone involved! To all of the track workers and officials, for toughing out for a long night of racing. And to all the drivers, all of you put on a heck of a show! All of the driver's stuck it out and repacked the track for a second time after the thunderstorm passed. I'm glad we didn't call it off, because the was one heck of a night of racing. WOW!!

We couldn't have done this without everyone pitching in if some form or fashion.

To Rusty for checking and tech-ing the cars last night. You earned your money. To the wrecker drivers for working in the wet conditions. To our Flagman, I know your arm is tired, Lol, 69 laps of qualifying, and to his assistant. Thanks for doing the qualifying for us. For turn 4 official, for watching and helping keep the cars moving, for the pace truck driver, for helping speed up the show. And for the lap counters and scorers, couldn't have done without all the help, and for all the workers in the ticket booths, and concession stands for serving and taking care of the fans! It was a long night and a hot night but it was well worth it. And having folks like all of you helping at the track, and the quality of racers we have competing at our track, makes it a pleasure, and produces the caliber of shows like we had last night. And Monty, thank you for helping contacting and promoting for this event, you helped make it a big success as well. Thank You to all, and see you in 2 weeks.

So all you had to do was sit back and enjoy the show, right Ken? LOL

Ken's the last guy to pat himself on the back, but a show like the one I'm reading about just doesn't happen by accident. Great job by all concerned.

Nick

awesome,awesome,racing great show and some of the best racing i ever witnessed #77,#149,#35 and Mr.Seals in a strange ride and pushing car running top 5 wow get car fixed monty and sit back and watch little girl start passing cars cant wait,also way to go on bike give away just to see kids getting bikes was very special to these children on last note had some great clean racing in strret stocks last night now we can continue at s.o.s and maybe some more prize money coming

Thank you Victor! I had a lot of fun racing with you guys. Chris congrats on the win! You guys are the best of the best! Randy it was fun running door to door with you for many laps. (you should keep the pink belts) :lol: Thank you Monty for the encouraging words at the start of the race and for helping put this race together. I need to think Greg Turner and his family for letting me drive the car. All and all a great night of racing! Maybe Greg will let me drive his car again!

Thank you Victor! I had a lot of fun racing with you guys. Chris congrats on the win! You guys are the best of the best! Randy it was fun running door to door with you for many laps. (you should keep the pink belts) :lol: Thank you Monty for the encouraging words at the start of the race and for helping put this race together. I need to think Greg Turner and his family for letting me drive the car. All and all a great night of racing! Maybe Greg will let me drive his car again!

didnt try and leave u out just didnt know who was in 13 car u were a real class act also running with the big dogs from what i heard you havent been racing long is this correct and also in someone elses car and different car style if so maybe you need to jump in a street stock every week

Archived