Saturday July 24th, Huge night of racing.

TRP

Hello racers! After a lengthy discussion, Bruce and I decided to keep the big Money race on July 24th. Unfortunately, Bruce and Donna (track owners), Will not be in town for that week. But I commend them on their decision to still have it on July 24th. Since this is fresh on the minds of the drivers and fans, we did not want to delay this event any longer than we had too. So, racer's and fans, mark your calendars for July 24th. It will be our big money race AND our Annual Bike Giveaway. Every year we ask businesses and racers and fans as well, to donate a bicycle to be given away during the race night. Last year I believe we had 65 bicycles to give away. You can get these at any dept store or Wal-Marts. It is worth it, when you see the smile and joy on those kids faces. Come out and be a part of the excitement and fun on Saturday July 24th.

Received additional committments early this week on purse bumps. The Turner family will be sponsoring $100 to the purse for the winner, now making it $900 to win..... Precision Welding, owned by Mitch "MitchyBobby" Wagner / driver of the #9 Late Model is sponsoring an additional $100 to the two night challenge between the two tracks.... So as of this writing, here is the latest:

$900 to win (*$100 of this sponsored by Elite Automotive) and ($100 of this sponsored by the Turner Family)

$500 for 2nd

$300 for 3rd

4th - $250

5th - $200 ($50 bump added by Ken Bulsterbaum)

6th - $150 ($50 bump added by Ken Bulsterbaum)

7th - $90

8th - $80

9th - $75

10th - $50

11th - $40

12th - $40

13th - $40

14th - $40

15th - 24th - $25

*plus $200 added by Team Xtreme (Lauren Chamberlain, Brian King, Butch King, Monty Chamberlain, and Chris Shafer) to some selected positions in bonus envelopes*

*plus the Dainelsen Motorsports, Jason Hammack, Randy Seals, and Precision Welding incentives of $100 each, ($400 combined) bonus to the highest averaging official finish by any driver that competes at Texana and then Shady Oaks on subsequent weekend

What I would like to try in hopefully keeping this less complex for both of the tracks is to have each of the committing sponsors place your committed money in an envelope, mark on it however you want to recognize your company or yourself, the amount and what add-on it is. This will be a big help to the tracks as I know Texana for example prepares pay envelopes in advance of an event and we wouldn't have to tear open the sealed track portion the night of the race. When we did this a couple of years ago, it got kind of wild opening and reopening pay envelopes. So, I think it is better to keep them seperate. . As soon as I receive your envelope with your money in it, we can simply clip each of the additions to the normal pay envelope. If you have your money starting this weekend, feel free to get it to me and it will be less cumbersome on the 24th.

As the momentum has grown, we hoped this race would grow to $1,000 to win. And, now the time has come. The July 24th Street Stock purse is now up to $1,000 to win courtesy of Kelly and Carrie Cagle of Cagle Motorsports throwing in $100 to top the purse off.

If that's not enough, Jeff the flagman from SOS has thrown $50 into the two track Challenge (July 24th Texana / July 31st SOS). He's also thrown $50 in to the winners purse at SOS on July 31st, and he's thrown in $50 for three other different places at the July 31st SOS race which he will determine those places at half-time of the July 31st SOS Races....... So, with all of that said, here is where we are at present:

$1,000 to win (*$100 of this sponsored by Elite Automotive) ,($100 of this sponsored by the Turner Family), and ($100 of this sponsored by Cagle Motorsports

$500 for 2nd

$300 for 3rd

4th - $250

5th - $200 ($50 bump added by Ken Bulsterbaum)

6th - $150 ($50 bump added by Ken Bulsterbaum)

7th - $90

8th - $80

9th - $75

10th - $50

11th - $40

12th - $40

13th - $40

14th - $40

15th - 24th - $25

*plus $200 added by Team Xtreme (Lauren Chamberlain, Brian King, Butch King, Monty Chamberlain, and Chris Shafer) to some selected positions in bonus envelopes*

*plus the Dainelsen Motorsports, Jason Hammack, Randy Seals, and Precision Welding incentives of $100 each and Jeff the SOS flagmans $50, ($450 combined) bonus to the highest averaging official finish by any driver that competes at Texana and then Shady Oaks on subsequent weekend

And, Jeff the SOS flagman is starting the fire for the SOS July 31st winners purse with an additional $50 and he will also place $50 to three other additional places which will be determined at the July 31st SOS race at half-time.

Monty, I'm glad you are keeping track of that. :blink: Haha. Thanks. Just a little more info. We are going to run our regular classes this night as well. Mini-stocks, Dwarf Cars, Hot Stock Trucks, Sport Mods, Super Stocks, Modifieds, And our feature class that night, Street Stock.

We will try and reschedule the Kids Go Kart races and the Demo Derby for a later date. Also I am working on a date to have Late Models race as well.

Monty, I'm glad you are keeping track of that. :blink: Haha. Thanks. Just a little more info. We are going to run our regular classes this night as well. Mini-stocks, Dwarf Cars, Hot Stock Trucks, Sport Mods, Super Stocks, Modifieds, And our feature class that night, Street Stock.

We will try and reschedule the Kids Go Kart races and the Demo Derby for a later date. Also I am working on a date to have Late Models race as well.

Would have definitely lost track if not keeping it posted on this forum and updating as it progressed. The street stock purse looks real good where it is and should be an awesome headliner show for the fans on the 24th.

Ken, I will get the green collected and work with your staff to attach to tha appropriate pay envelopes.

My thinking is, now it is time for all of us racing at Texana to focus on bicycles. Texana has become known for giving away a nice number of bicycles at the designated date each year, this year on the 24th... So, street stock nice show, and let's make a lot of kids happy like we do each year with a nice number of bicycles.

Would have definitely lost track if not keeping it posted on this forum and updating as it progressed. The street stock purse looks real good where it is and should be an awesome headliner show for the fans on the 24th.

Ken, I will get the green collected and work with your staff to attach to tha appropriate pay envelopes.

My thinking is, now it is time for all of us racing at Texana to focus on bicycles. Texana has become known for giving away a nice number of bicycles at the designated date each year, this year on the 24th... So, street stock nice show, and let's make a lot of kids happy like we do each year with a nice number of bicycles.

Monte, we have upped the money at sos by $100.00 from the stacy family. check the new post on sos

Not really sure which thread to add information to at this point, but picked this one... The "Brain Trust" at Team Xtreme has met and decided how to lay in the $200 they are sponsoring. They've decided to add $100 to 2nd place, $50 to 3rd place, and $50 to 4th place. The latest purse is as follows:

$1,000 to win (*$100 of this sponsored by Elite Automotive, $100 of this sponsored by the Turner Family, and $100 of this sponsored by Cagle Motorsports)

$600 for 2nd ($100 of this sponsored by Team Xtreme, comprised of Brian King, Lauren Chamberlain, Butch King, Monty Chamberlain and Chris Shafer)

$350 for 3rd ($50 of this sponsored by Team Xtreme, comprised of Brian King, Lauren Chamberlain, Butch King, Monty Chamberlain and Chris Shafer)

4th - $300 ($50 of this sponsored by Team Xtreme, comprised of Brian King, Lauren Chamberlain, Butch King, Monty Chamberlain and Chris Shafer)

5th - $200 ($50 of this sponsored by Ken Bulsterbaum)

6th - $150 ($50 of this sponsored by Ken Bulsterbaum)

7th - $90

8th - $80

9th - $75

10th - $50

11th - $40

12th - $40

13th - $40

14th - $40

15th - 24th - $25

*plus the Dainelsen Motorsports, Jason Hammack, Randy Seals, and Precision Welding incentives of $100 each and Jeff the SOS flagmans $50, ($450 combined) bonus to the highest averaging official finish by any driver that competes at Texana and then Shady Oaks on the subsequent weekend

And, Jeff the SOS flagman is starting the fire for the SOS July 31st winners purse with an additional $50 and he will also place $50 to three other additional places which will be determined at the July 31st SOS race at half-time.

A championship plaque will be donated to the winner of the Two Track Championship from Texas Hill Country Home Renovations. Something that someone can be proud to show off for their accomplishment!

guess your cleaning a spot out for the plaque to hang ,the writings on the wall : good luck

A championship plaque will be donated to the winner of the Two Track Championship from Texas Hill Country Home Renovations. Something that someone can be proud to show off for their accomplishment!

guess your cleaning a spot out for the plaque to hang ,the writings on the wall : good luck

Not counting my chickens to early, will be lots of deserving drivers at this one!

would you please post this on sos speedzone? i'm sure it will help

Track is looking good again. I worked on it most of the day Saturday. blading and rolling, watering and rolling again. I want the best track so far this season. :DB)

Smooth and slick is way better than a dusty, rutted up mountain range, anyday... keep up the great work Ken.

Like I said above I am not making the rules nor enforcing them but i sure would hate running against cars like Duain Prichette and nobody that runs a Istock at I37 has anything that resembles those type of istocks. Maybe the invite sent should be clarified specifically for any car that has already ran street stock at I37 so a can of worms isnt started.

I would give Ken a call and talk to him as he made some changes to allow the houston cars to come and that seems to have worked out I dont see why he couldnt figure out something for you guys as well. Like I said somebody just needs to make sure a can of worms doesnt get opened and then chase off cars that plan on coming and have been!

Archived