the kid

tburlington

Although I don't get over to the Do it in the DIRT section as often as I should, I have edited and removed several posts in this thread. Please behave in a civil manner or find a board where rudeness is encouraged.

Nick Holt

Sorry 'bout that Nick. I didn't realize that my post was all that rude. Randy had said I was picking on him and he is just a kid. Since Derrick is just a 15 yr. old kid, does picking on him count?

Here's the bottom line of all this controversy: Derrick (the kid) won 2 weeks in a row at I37 in a car that was built for Hill Country. They were told they could race it at I37 during the track meetings this winter. The track gave Derrick his trophies and prize money for both races (which is commendable) but decided the car had to be changed before it could be raced in the pure stock class at I37 or they could move up to super stock with the car. Derrick is a promising young dirt driver and needs to stay in a beginner class. Besides, this team has a super stock car driven by Claude Jordan (which also won 2 weeks in a row). Why would they want to compete against themselves? And if they placed 1 - 2 every week they'ed still be accused of cheating. I think the track simply wanted car count this winter and agreed to let Hill Country cars run, but now that they have a pretty good count in this class, it's time to start weeding. They need count in super stocks, hence the suggestion to move up. Only problem is, they lost a pure stock, a super stock and about 12 - 15 people that come from Kerrville each friday.

There are several tracks in the area that evidently monitor this web site, because when contacted about running the car at their tracks, were aware of the controversy. When the changes to the car were explained, they were thought to be of no consequence in a pure stock class (you can only do so much to make a 3400lb car with stock suspension and 8" tires go faster), the rest is up to the driver. TOBA also posted on this thread that it is probably legal in their series. They will race at another track rather than change the car for I37, and probably try TOBA.

Now, I have a challenge for Randy:

Put fenders on your modified and bring the weight up to 3400 lbs (you don't even have to put the Chevelle body on it) and race 1 on 1 against the 15 yr old "Kid". I'll even loan you the fenders off 'Scrappy'.

Guest RandyBorlace

I have edited all my posts in this thread to say nothing, the only thing that got me into these confrontations so bad with the 25 crew and Rusty was all the harrassing Instant Messages i have gotten on AOL. i kind of believe deep down it's someone playing a joke on me to get me all "riled up" if it isnt one of ya'll I am Sorry. If it is one of the 25 crew you just made things worse for everyone. by the way "texbgs" it's getting old, if you want to keep IM'ing me and harrassing me, that's fine, but atleast use your real name..

OK folks. I think everyone has had their say and at least one of the people involved in this discussion has removed all of his previous posts, making the story line somewhat hard to follow.

Thread Closed.

Nick Holt

Archived