the kid

tburlington

:blink::P The kid won again at I37!!!!!! now they've decided his car is outlawed

and won't let him race anymore ,If you can't beat him one way I guess you all will try another way huh ......What do you think about that ?????

Now I guess they all can play follow the leader ,Lets see!!!! you can't bump,you can't rub,you can't race outa the turn ,you can't run a car that is right with the rule book . Golly I am confused what kinda racin do you all do at

I 37 ??????????????Where I come from somebody beats you,,,you go home, do your home work and come back and beat them the next week..I tell you what these guys work 6 days a week on there race cars ,It doesn't go to the track untill it is ready for competitive racing ,If you are not going to WIN you just as well stay home ..All I can say is they are to lazy to build a decent race car that is competitive and want to complain about the ones that are competitive ...... SO I GUESS WE WILL FIND A REAL RACE TRACK WITH REAL COMPETITORS THAT DON'T WINE AND CRY , BECAUSE A 15 YEAR OLD BEAT THEM ......... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol

What gets even worse is when someone braggs about how their driver was blocking him to try to get another driver to win even though they were a lap down! Then they complain because the 25 got into them. lmao. I think the wambulance was out Friday night.

Randy,

You've brought my name into this, so here's something for you to think about.

Your guy got beat 2 weeks in a row with a car that was approved by tech and a rookie driver that is only 15 years old. As Jason pointed out, your guys dad tried to block for him and the kid still beat him. The reason they don't race the car I sold them is first of all, they don't own it anymore, and second of all, it wasn't a competitive car.

tburlington is right - you guys are too lazy to win. Their shop is located next to mine and I've seen them working late every nite to make that car faster each time than the time before. And even at the track, you don't see them unload the car and race, you see them analyze the track and start working on the car all over again. The crew chief on that team (both #25 cars) has raced everything from street stocks to sprint cars on dirt and the same on asphalt. He isn't satisfied until the car is the fastest on the track (I should know, he was our crew chief until 2002). He could probably take your old ratty car and make it the fastest too, but why go to all that trouble when you've already got the fastest car!

Your problem is you've never raced a real racer! You guys bring your junk to the track and then get upset when you get beat by a real race car!

Now about the kid. He's only 15, never been in a race car until this year, but he's a natural. I could go on and on about the car, but someone has to put it in the turns on the right marks, work the brake and throttle at the right time, etc., etc. Unless he gets disallusioned by people who are too jealous to wish him well, he will probably go on to be a real good driver.

Randy, instead of downgrading the kid, why don't you try upgrading yourself.

:lol::lol::P I knew I would draw you outa the wood work Charlie ,made my day bud .But let me tell you what, It don't matter what car we get we have the ability to make something outa nothing and the willingness to work on it .The car you are referring to [#25] weighs 3800 pounds .It seems awful funny to me that Claud raced it there last year and won but no one said a thing , Gosh I guess it was okay then .The Kid gets in it and everyone has a problem with it .Not to mention we would not have bought the car had the race track not said we could run it .Now let me tell you, WE WILL race, and it may be back there some day,and the Kid is a natural .He will win no matter where we go and no matter what we drive .We may have to race all over Texas but atleast we won't have to worry about all the winers .It seems awful funny to me also that we race the car 3 times and then they decide it can't be raced again .I would think a real track would look over all there cars and decide that before the first race . Have a good day Borlace ... :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:lol::lol::lol:

Hi all. I know everyone had 3 race nights to have their cars comply w/ the rule book. Now, I'm NOT saying anyone is cheating, but it does make things curious. :blink: I think the kid has an abundance of raw talent and taught correctly, could go on to be one of the best around S. Texas. I do have to say though, it has been fun racing on dirt.

Didn't get to see the tech. What was found illegal?

I may be speaking out of turn here, but this is what I know about the car:

It was originally built for Hill Country Raceway (Yankee Payne) to run in "Rookie Class" which is supposed to be the same as I-37. As tburlington said, the car is very heavy (3800 lbs on my scales) and is 114 in. wheelbase (a real boat). The #1 spark plug is even with the ball joint - not in front or behind, EVEN. The firewall was notched for distributor clearance (it has a HEI instead of the little original points distributor) and replated in that area for fire protection. Randy alluded to the intake. When the car came to the track this winter it had a Performer on it (the track had not yet decided whether or not to allow them). Frank told them it was not going to be allowed and they would have to run a stock GM manifold. The manifold on the car is a stock GM manifold off, I believe, a metric Chevelle. If that's illegal, the track needs to specify EXACTLY what manifold is legal.

It looks like Frank wants to force this car into the Superstock class where the other #25 car runs (who also won fri nite). That would be silly to do that. First of all, why compete against one of your own cars. Second, the kid needs to be in a beginners class at least a year.

I don't know if they will even continue to race at I-37, but if they do, they'll just build another car exactly to the limits allowed by the rule book like this one. It won't change anything.

If you think this car is cheating, what do you think the kid could do with a 108" wheelbase Nova built to the exact minimum weight.

I can understand Frank's delema. When you've got a class where 1 or 2 cars dominate, the other racers start to call foul or get discouraged and quit. I don't know what you do about that, but you don't force a car that pushes the limits of the rules out of the class. You clarify the rules in order to make things more equal with an eye to what the changes will cost. NASCAR does it all the time. SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO TELL THE OTHER TEAMS TO UPGRADE IF THEY WANT TO BE COMPETITIVE!!!!!!

If you've really got the fire in your belly to race, then this should be a challenge to get better and better each week until Henley and the kid DON'T dominate. Look what happened in TAMS. Last year about 5 cars could win on any given nite; this year almost everyone stepped up the pace and that number has grown to 8 or 10 cars. They didn't give up or cry "cheating" (well most didn't!) they just got better and guess what, almost all the track records from '03 have been broken this year.

Hray,

First off, I didn't say they were cheating. I broke and wasn't over there when they did the tech. I just asked what happened. HEI for the car should be legal, but the motor setback is surely a no no. Why can the car not be corrected and brought back? I got busted there last year, lost all money, corrected the car and came back. Fix it, lets race!

Darin

So tired of the negatives heres my reply: This is a stock class. You have worked very hard and it shows, however i have a job to do and will do it properly. Unless I have been followed step by step how can you say that no one has been teched? The 18 car of Wallace racing had been given three weeks to make changes on there car, when it wasn’t done in time they asked for one more week. I did not give it to them because the three week grace period was over and I told them they would be D.Q’ed. You work on your car countless hours and it shows, but lets not say that the firewall was only notched for the distributor as has been reported. You asked me if you bought a car and I looked at it if it would be legal all the time, you yourself admit to making changes. Would those changes be legal? As far as being picked on, I know the feeling, my son drove a race car for the first time on opening night and he beat the field by half a lap. The second race he looked like he would easily win it until contact with a car, because of all the comments made about his car being legal it now sits in the garage. If we had not looked at cars in the earlier weeks then how has there been other cars D.Q’ed? The winners are always going to feel that they are getting picked on, but its because they are winning. With respect Frank Torres

Mr. Burlington

How quickly you turn things around on Myself and Frank. We never said you could not bring your car back all we told you was to correct the Illegal parts on the car and bring it back. Now you all say you work so hard on the car and i belive that so why would it be so hard to correct since you all work so hard. Remember we never told you not to come back we told you to fix it mak it right and you will still be the car to beat. Now to say we never tech Stand next to Frank or Myself on a friday nite and see if you can keep up. Dont blame this on the track MAKE IT RIGHT AND BE LEGAL.

Randy Guzman

UH NO

No one is roused up I just wanted to state facts instead of Hearsay. I just want to let fact be know that we are not punishing the kid because he is a good driver we we punishing because of the car not being right. No arousal here.

Randy Guzman

Archived