"Manifolds on Main" car show set for Saturday, 9/25/2010

"Manifolds on Main" car show set for Saturday, 9/25/2010

Irving, Texas (June 8, 2010) - I wanted to let you know that the Manifolds on Main car show is scheduled for Saturday, September 25th this year. This will be our third year. The City of Irving is very happy with the results of the previous car shows. So much so that they have realized the car show is the anchor for the larger free street festival, Irving Main Street Event, which had an attendance of about 8,000 spectators.

The 2009 Manifolds on Main ar show was a huge success. One reason for that I believe is that in addition to close to 200 hundred cars in the show we featured vintage open wheel race cars. In 2008 we had 11 race cars celebrating the 75th anniversary of midget auto racing. My goal in 2009 was 24 race cars and we ended up with exactly 24 and even had a couple no shows. We had everything from midgets to sprints, a front wheel Miller to a jalopy coupe, a Formula Ford to a Maserati. There was a great cross section of vintage race cars.

Over the last couple of years there has been talk about reviving the Racer Reunion and Texas Racer Hall of Fame that was previously held in San Antonio for many years. We are proud to announce we are hosting a Racer Reunion Banquet on Friday September 24th, the night before the Manifolds on Main car show. I hope that you will seriously consider being part of the banquet. Presentations will cover such topics as legendary mechanic Denny Moore, to multi-time Devils Bowl champion A.D. Trowell to the once horse racing turned Indy Car track Arlington Downs, which was located near the current General Motors plant on Hwy 360.

September 24th-25th is less than 5 months way and we are anticipating a great show this year. More details available by visiting http://www.ManifoldsOnMain.com.

See you in September!

post-3-1276123936.jpg

Bart Stevens

bart@tmtel.com

www.ManifoldsOnMain.com

• 1 month later...

Registration is now open for the Manifolds on Main Car Show. If you have a vintage race car that you would like to display as part of the show please contact me. Our focus is vintage non-winged cars; roll cages are fine but no downbars.

We had an amazing assortment of cars last year and expect the show to grow this year.

Here are some of the past participants.

1927 Miller Offy Big car

1934 Plymouth Coupe

1935 Dreyer V8 60 Midget

1935 Dreyer Offy Midget

1936 Fredricks Elto Midget

1937 Boyle V8 60 Midget

1938 Wetteroth Offy Big car

1939 Hillegass Offy Midget

1939 Wetteroth Midget

1940 Richter V8 60 Midget

1941 Hillegass V8 60 Midget

1946 Kurtis Kraft Offy Midget

1954 Kurtis Kraft Offy Midget

1954 Luther 1/4 Midget

1957 Tiny Mite 1/4 midget

1958 CAE Chevy Sprint car

1958 CAE/Henry Chevy Sprint car

1959 Hank Henry Offy Sprint car

1959 Taraschi Formula Jr.

1961 Elder Offy Indy Roadster

1966 Lindsey Chevy Super modified

1967 Edmunds Ford Midget

1967 Lotus 51 Formula Ford

1971 Maserati Sports car

1972 Murphree Chevy Sprint car

1974 Nance Chevy Super modified

1984 Leffler Chevy Champ car

We have added a Racer Reunion on Friday night September 24th. Ticket info is at www.ManifoldsOnMain.com.

Bart Stevens

bart@tmtel.com

• 3 weeks later...

Things are coming together very well for the car show. I have recently got commitments for vintage cars from Oklahoma and Kansas that will be on display at the show.

BTW this is part of a family festival so you can bring the whole family. There are lots of free kid games, activities and a coloring section.

Bart

Archived