playday on 5/2/2010

go to announcements for updates on the weather and possible rainout, thanks, del

rained out, we will re-schedule, thanks, del

I am not sure why playday was cancelled. I live 40miles away and we didnt get a drop off rain except

for a little on friday. I guess bryan must have got a lot of rain or you were worried about getting rain.

anyway when is the next playday and meeting.

Playday was cancelled Sat. morning for Sunday. Unfavorable forecast prompted Wayne to just wait for another weekend. He felt that cancelling that far in advance would let most know not to make a wasted trip....Who knew Sat. morning that Sunday would be so nice?

anybody heard when next playday is. this weekend is looking good. Like to test and tune and also now when they are going to open. I heard that there was about 30 cars that came out there that didnt get the message and wayne watered the track and let them play. Need to set up an answer machine on phone so when u call the track u can get a recording if everything is good or not. Instead of using computer,not everyone has a computer or can get internet access where they live.

Just food for thought.

On another subject, I think wayne out to consider running Imca for the sport mods and modifieds. he would draw cars form killeen for sure and waco. A lot of them guys are ready for a track closer to them to open and are tired of running at killeen. I also think when racing starts in daytime that it should be done on saturday. It would be alot easier on the cars that come from aways away and also easier on the locals cause alot of people use sundays as a day for the family and go to church and so on. Also people have to go to work on mondays and if races start on sunday at 2 or 3 that would mean everybody would be done between 6 or 7 and have to go home and unload and get ready for the next day. On top of being exhausted from being out in the heat at the racetrack they would not have any time to rest before work. to me saturdays during the day would be fine. I dont think running in the day on saturday is going to conflict alot of racers that are just waiting for the hill to open and get back to some fun and feeling at home with a promoter/track owner that does what he can for the racers. note::: there is only like 30 to 35 cars running at willis on saturday and about the same at 105 on friday nights. battleground or beaumont is where everyone is going. Randy has got to be hurting but what goes around comes around. U cant think about trying to make it good for all tracks cause usually u end up hurting yourself. The drivers are ready for the hill to open upand are tired of the politics at the tracks they are running.

we are holding playdays on sunday so that anyone running on saturday don't have to worry about tearing up there cars during the day at the hill and not have time to fix it to go where they run saturday night, some people are running for points. also i am still running a asphalt car every other weekend at thunderhill raceway in kyle, i'll give up a little time to get hrh running, but i gotta have some fun too. maryann and h have a great track and are very few of the best promoters still around, they have taught me some things that i will impliment at hrh, what a lot of tracks needs is good , honest, strong promoting, that goes the extra mile for their racers. i think we will see a whole different range of promoting for the racers at hrh

a lot of people have good idea's about the track but, some have been tried and did not work. we had a lot of racers wanting imca when wayne first built hrh, the only time they showed up to race was if it was a big paying event, the rest of the time there were only about 3 to 5 cars showed up. you cannot keep a class that does not produce the right income to payout ratio. with most people that race gator or 105, we have to think that, that will be where most of our cars come from, there rules are the same with a couple of exceptions. we cannot make the rules to fit every other track, there are too many track owners and promoters that don't want to work with other tracks because they think that making the rules for their track will keep the cars there, unfortunatly, that is the way they think. my thoughts are that if you make the rules where racers have an option, you will be the one picking up the cars that other tracks lose. wayne and i knida think of it like fishing, once we get them to hrh, we will get'em, hook, line, and sinker, we hope that everyone will see that we will have the best bait and the fish will love it.

we like a little bit to have the track and facilities where they need to be to open ful season, but we still have a few business detail's that we are working on. it won't be long and we will have the hill in full swing, the racers will now the difference the moment they come out to race. also, there will be a 800# for hrh and hopefully, you will get a person and not a machine ( unless we are racing ) soon. meanwhile i can be reached at: 281-808-5475 or www.pro2000racing@yahoo.com also you may pm me on www.lonestarspeedzone.com, this next week brian at jbwebtech will be re-doing hrh web site, it will have new updated information for owners, racers, and foremost " the fans ". thanks, del

Dell I was not tallking about the playdays being on sundays I was talking about when the track opens and would or might be running in the daytime to do it on saturdays. People will have to decide then where they want to go. It will be no difference when it goes to racing at nights on saturday. There is no doubt that the cars will come. Its like that movie with kevin costner ""IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME.""

Archived