Brake issues...still

I know several of the guys running 602 Crates have found really soft springs in them. I agree, it will be interesting to see what gave up the ghost....

Mark

If highest peak RPM was under 6K I would be pretty upset as well!

As to soft springs I have installed brand new springs at 120 lb seat - the engine ran @210 degrees for 35 minutes and the springs rated from 105 - 115! One of our standards became to toss stock material springs in a 225 degree oven for an hour - let em cool and rate and set heights after "heat seasoning". Not sure but I would expect the crates to have high quality (high moly content) springs that did not loose to heat....

Without looking it up I think the LS6 gets 115@1.8 inches, 352 over the nose (@1.15).

Keep in mind while you are inspecting that 95% of failures are related to operation (driving over rev, over temp, tuning, erratic maint etc) - not to absolve the factory I have seen some that were destined to scatter - but an open mind will ALWAYS improve tuning habits even if the issue is more assembly/hardware related. I've done in a few "bullet proof" builds myself. Thats why I love dyno mules - the object is to TRY to destroy em. Great fun that is (and what a way to relieve stress - at full throttle and load)!

Glad to hear the brake problem improved.

Archived