Tire Issue....

CJY08

Bj just bring your car out you'll get a warning before a DQ anyways... How's this sound since we cant get a hold Dan, why dont we thunders talk to dan at the track after the drivers meeting we'll all be there and just talk to him then...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me on this one guys, talking to Dan on race night is not a good idea, it would be like having someone asking you alot of questions while you are putting your engine together sat afternoon to race in a couple of hours, just to much to discuss and distraction in a short amount of time. You guys may just want to ask to set up a meeting one evening so everyone can be on the same page. JMO

Trust me on this one guys, talking to Dan on race night is not a good idea, it would be like having someone asking you alot of questions while you are putting your engine together sat afternoon to race in a couple of hours, just to much to discuss and distraction in a short amount of time. You guys may just want to ask to set up a meeting one evening so everyone can be on the same page. JMO

thats the way to do it .. .there should be no dq.s . till its settled unless someone shows up with cheater tires ..

i thought there wasnt any cheater tires right now . at the meeting dan said to run your tires and they was going to do test and then decide what they was going to set the rule at

that was before dan told one driver his tires were to wide ...

I would like to know that as well, Just about got my car ready to race you and now your not gonna be there? I dont see what the real problem is, If all the drivers agreed on this rule why is it still a problem? Aren't we the drivers putting on the show? Not bashing anyone, just curious.

I understand that. If it was for only one driver I wouldn't say anything, But the whole class is in trouble not just one driver. no drivers , no show, no fans, If i was promoting the track i would work with the drivers to get this solved and put a show back on

just hit the tires with a belt sander. round the corners off just a bit lol

now we know your secret .. makes alot of us look stupid ..we thought your speed came from that secret box you had on the front frame rail .....good trick it worked .kept us from looking at the cheater tires ...lol

Maybe the problem is in how the tire is measured.I cant find this years rules but last years rules did not specify the method of measurement.I assumed like everyone else you put a straight edge across the top and measure the flat weathewr its mounted or not.Most tire dealers will not allow you to mount a tire,set your air and measure the bottom.You should see what this years rules say on the measureing methods.If you use the roll over paper thing,you will be DQed if you have a leak during the race but still finish.I still have a dozen of these tires so Im intrested in the outcome.

2 years ago Michael measured these tires at 8".I dont know what method he used,must have been the section width.

If the Sumos are outlawed,what tire will you guys use???? For how long??

Im confused. :ph34r:

2 years ago Michael measured these tires at 8".I dont know what method he used,must have been the section width.

If the Sumos are outlawed,what tire will you guys use???? For how long??

Im confused. :ph34r:

ya its not the brand and i know all of them dont want to buy new tires if there is nothin wrong with the ones they got but gb they do make them in a 205/60/13 and its about 1" taller

I have never seen that tire fail tech before. I would have never ran that tire if I thought it would not pass tech. I have also seen that tire get teched many times, including on my car, and it passed every time. They would roll the car over a sheet of paper and then measure the print on the paper. What kind of measurements are you guys getting on your tires?

Never seen one fail tech on a 7" rim. On an 8" rim at left side tire pressures the 215 will fail.

Nobody ever said what rim width the DQ'd car was using.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I'll sell my 2.3 & throw in a car & all the spare parts. Everything needed to finish repairs & put it back on the track, including 2 new Sumos' on new 7" wide rims.

Archived