hotrodhill test and tune

thanks to everyone who came out today, i think with the ones that came and left to get ready for racing elsewhere along with the ones that made a day at hrh, we had approx. 70/80 people and 25/30 racecars that came back to the hill to have some fun.

it looked as thou everyone had a good day except maybe the sprint car that lost a motor. :huh: we wet the track a couple of times and cars went to playing, even kiddo's brought out go-carts and a dirt bike ( it sounded like a ticked-off bumble bee ), but we all were having fun back at a place where a lot of racers call home.

we had a drivers meeting to discuss future plans and anything that may be different in the rules from other tracks, we agreed that the basis of our rules would be the same as gator and 105 speedway's but we also want to have a variance in some classes to be within reason of heart-o-texas in waco, the details have to be worked out. also, the hobby stock and limited or sport mod's will have 2 options for engines, option 1: gm 602 crete motor with other rules to comply, option 2: shop or home built motor that already meet the rules at the other track's mentioned above, the details and final ruling on this matter will be done by may 2, 2010 which will be our next test and tune / playday.

registration for cars and drivers started april 3rd, 2010, which was today, 1st. come basis, if you want to keep the number that you are running now, you need to make contact with wayne or me as soon as possible, several other things are in the making for a great playground for all of you guy's and gal's, as things come availible about hrh, i will be posting them on this site, also, hrh site will be back up as soon as bryan with jbwebtec can get it going.

we hope to see you all soon and have a blessed, happy easter, thanks again, wayne and del ;)

• 2 weeks later...
when is gonna be opening day and what are the classes gonna be i want to know if i can run my car there

I think everyone left, have heard nothing about track since play day on the 3rd, maybe there's another site they all jabber on, need more play days that aren't in conflict with another event like Easter, anyone interested in a modified (roller or race ready) let me know, mines for sale but it ain't cheep

The 602 crate is supposed to be an option motor for the Street stocks...The 602 comes with Vortec 64cc. heads and aluminum intake...both illegal in Limites and Hobby Stock

another infraction of the rules would be the cam:

Camshaft lift............... .435 intake/.460 exhaust

Camshaft duration ...... 212 intake/222 exhaust

There were a set of lowbacks on a car on playday. The sound level from the car was below the decibal max. that Del put us on but it was almost borderline..... Only thing I know is what Wayne tells me. Del won't answer his phone whenm I call so I'm only saying what Wayne tells me....So the reality is I don't really know if the lowback is good or not....I say it should be because it was in fact below the max. but I'm nobody...I have a set on the Chevelle so I need to know as well

i stated in my 1st. post that between the last meeting at hrh that we were working on the rules, classes and schedule before the next meeting in may, we will determine which classes we are going to run and in what order, most likely, 3 weeks on and 1 week per class, alternating the classes so that each class has a week off, most classes will be the same as gator or 105 speedways.

the rules on the mufflers will be the same as the two other tracks unless the dismall readings are too high, most car owners have decided to go with a much quieter muffler that is also a lot less expensive, all cars must be at 95 dismals or lower, any car that goes over the dismal reading will not be allowed to compete at all, readings will be done at tech before every race.

to the ones that don't know my position at hrh, just ask wayne, i am not the owner, but i am the manager for wayne, it has paid me 0 ( zero ) every since hrh has been open, if someone wants to take my position away from me, call wayne, i'm sure he will put you right to work, you must have knowledge of how to do business management, previous experience in track promoting, do the rules, orginize the classes, get sponsors and do promotions for track, have teching tools, furnish all the paper and printing for rules, schedules, business matters, purses, checking account, web site, furnish emergency crews and personel along with being the pit steward at the track. this is just for the beginning, this is not the to-do list, so, if anyone wants this title along with the "phone" calls on your personal phone + getting the track a track line for callers, BE MY GUEST, thanks, del

When I did the noise checks at Thunderhill a few years back, the rule was 96 decibels at 100 feet. That was the rule that the DPS used for their noise enforcement program, so that's what I used. Figured I couldn't go wrong using the standard that the police used.

Nick

mark, it will be tested at 100' @ 5000rpm, some of the cars we test had the same mufflers you have and they passed, it's not that we are trying too be different than any other track, it's just that we will be strong to enforce the dismal readings so that the track don't have anymore problems. we will also be working on a time schedule, all racing must be completed by 10:30pm when regular season starts, on day racing, it won't be such a problem, but everyone should understand for hrh to stay open, we must do what we can not to be a nescience to the area.there is also other mufflers that will work straight from the local parts store and are much cheaper than the ones required at other tracks, we will keep taking dismal readings to make sure we are in compliance with our test and to keeep all trouble down.

the rules for the lmods and hobby stock class will include an optional engine, with the option 1 motor, you can run in any body that is approved for those classes ( chev.,ford, and dodge ) and must run a 6200rpm chip with revlimiter, must run a 4412 box stock holly 2 brl with a spec. 1" spacer-adaptor, carb.'s must meet go-no-go guages in tear down, if no-go, car is dq'ed.

option 2 motor is the same as the rules at gator and 105 but must stay ( gm for gm, ford for ford, and dodge for dodge. you may run the same 4412 as the 602 crete or a quadrajet 4 brl, either carb's will be teched for and by the same go-no-go rule, any boring or enlargement or alteration of the main body or internal structure of the carb. will be a dq.

more info. will be availible soon, if you have any futher questions, call me, i do answer my phone most of the time, but i am like you, i still have to work, thanks and hope to see ya soon, del

...the rules for the lmods and hobby stock class will include an optional engine, with the option 1 motor, you can run in any body that is approved for those classes ( chev.,ford, and dodge ) and must run a 6200rpm chip with revlimiter, must run a 4412 box stock holly 2 brl with a spec. 1" spacer-adaptor, carb.'s must meet go-no-go guages in tear down, if no-go, car is dq'ed...

this is in the limtied mods the 602 can run the holley 650 and do not have to run a chip that is at gator and 105 the 650 is what gm recomemends (sp)

i'm not sure about legends, i think they are the same as dwarf cars on dirt, the bando's i think just run on asphalt, but i won't leave you without an answer about these classes and find out what i can. i do know that they would be a visiting class, if they were to run, thanks, del

Archived