Street Stock Class at Texana!

TRP

We are changing the name of the bombers to Street Stock. Over the past several years this class has evolved into a Street Stock class. NOTE: CAMARO'S will be allowed to run in our Street Stock class!!

We are currently looking into a true bomber class also. And adult mini-stocks. See yall Saturday!

Super Stocks, looking forward to seeing yall out at the track too.

Our rules will be the same as SOS (Shady Oaks Speedway) except for floater rear ends. Disc Brakes are allowed on a stock rear end only! NO FLOATER REAR ENDS allowed. All other rules will be the same as SOS. We are changing the name from Bombers to Street Stocks. Thanks! www.texanaracewaypark.org

HEY - MONTY. YOU NOW I AM A HOARDER. I MIGHT HAVE TO PULL A CAMARO OUT OF THE WEEDS & COME SEE YOU. THAT IS MY WEEKEND OFF.

Please do Rich... And, remember me first whenever you start getting the itch to part with stuff. I think of you when ever I watch a show on the History Channel called "American Pickers"...

Hey Gary, We will let you run in the closest class you would fit in for the first night. Then if you want to continue, you would need to make what changes are needed to be completely legal. Racecievers will be required in the street stock class. But this will not stop you from making it opening night, if you dont have one this week. I will check to see if we will have any for sale again this year. Or you can buy a portable scanner and plug in an earphone and they work just as well. But I will have to get you the frequency. Thanks for your interest. Hope to see you Saturday!

really? no floaters? safety not a concern now? I really have to hear your reasoning on this...do floaters make a car faster? Dont get me wrong...I am glad you have had a change of heart...but not allowing a safety device? In my opinion...people are scared of what they dont know....so...just for the record....here is what a floater rearend is (and...there are stock floaters...which used to be legal till you changed the rules)

This type of axle uses an axle shaft on each side that is simply splined at both ends and has a drive flange on the outer end. The splined end of the shaft slides into the internally splined steel drive plate that bolts to a hub, The axle shaft is allowed to float in the system. For a full-floater system, the axle shaft only serves to transmit the rotational torque from the differential out to the wheel. It does not carry the weight of the vehicle. On a full floater, a spindle is attached to the outer end of the axle housing. The hub rides on the spindle with tapered roller bearings. It is this assembly that carries the vehicle weight. As such, a full-floating axle system is considerably stronger. For those of you who carry heavy loads, this means your axle load capacity is greatly increased with a full-floater. If you do hard-core 'wheeling on big tires, a full-floater means that your axle shafts can also handle much more torque loading. Further advantages of a full-floater include being able to remove a broken axleshaft, yet still have the ability to keep a functional rolling tire on that corner of the vehicle. This can be done since the wheel actually bolts to the hub that rides on the spindle attached to the axle housing.

with the nature of racing being dangerous...I would think you would be happy to allow any part that makes a car safer without giving it an advantage over other cars....would seem like a win win deal....but...this is just my opinion....AJ

Our rules will be the same as SOS (Shady Oaks Speedway) except for floater rear ends. Disc Brakes are allowed on a stock rear end only! NO FLOATER REAR ENDS allowed. All other rules will be the same as SOS. We are changing the name from Bombers to Street Stocks. Thanks! www.texanaracewaypark.org

is there a way a car that is legal at every point except the vaccume rule can run at your track with maybe a weight penalty? I-37 does not have a vacume rule in their streetstocks but everything else is pretty close.i have been to your track several times as a spectator and in the process of building a streetstock for i-37 but would like to travel to Edna and goliad every so often. I know its hard to consolidate everybodys rules but if there was an exception fror those who wont be there every nite on a regular basis like battlin for points? jus curious...

is there a way a car that is legal at every point except the vaccume rule can run at your track with maybe a weight penalty? I-37 does not have a vacume rule in their streetstocks but everything else is pretty close.i have been to your track several times as a spectator and in the process of building a streetstock for i-37 but would like to travel to Edna and goliad every so often. I know its hard to consolidate everybodys rules but if there was an exception fror those who wont be there every nite on a regular basis like battlin for points? jus curious...

We will allow a car from another track to come and run in a class that is closest to your type car for one night. More than likely, would be street stock. If they are way off on rules, maybe Super Stock. It would be interesting to see how much vacuum you can pull. The next night you come back you would need to be legal to our rules. But, we may consider a weight penalty for your cars to offset the vacuum. I know a lot of guys say, we're not wanting to run for points, but, there is money on the line. And is only fair to let the boys play that are faithful to racing at our track, and built there cars to our rules, run for the money, and points. Appreciate your interest in coming to our track. Hope to see you soon.

are they gary? Houston SS have a little more motor...they can run more cam, have closed chamber heads (same cost as ours)...and a better intake...pretty much same car..just less tire..My 5 car didnt have any problems running with them at the grand....and I have seem hobbies run top 3 in the class... but houston is the exception....Heck..last time we went to Grand praire..the street stocks could not run headers...most all street stock classes dont allow aftermarket heads...alot dont allow race tires...almost all have a header rule of chassis headers (we dont) SO..from my view...we have more of some things...a little less of others...pretty much putting our street stocks right in the middle...but like Danielsen said...its just a name...cause they were no where near bombers...

Archived