4-Wide Nationals @ Z-Max Dragway

I thought it looked real cool. It was different for sure. I guess Im just to "Old School". I think it should stay as a two lane sport. But I bet we see more of these tracks spring to life. Times are changing in all forms of motor sports. Im going to have to sit on the fence on this one.

Jay,

A close friend was there in Charlotte, and she stated that they are getting some grumbling from fans; main beef is cionfusion on which cars won or lost, and which are racing each other.'

They are also complaining about the reduced number of races in each round.

I'll get some more feedback when she gets back to Austin.

Papa......sitting on the fence will just give you splinters in your :o

Tommy....don't give him any ideas <_<

Tom...I'll agree it was VERY confusing.....and I thought I had it figured out :blink::huh:

I will give it an 8 for creativity and saving time......BUT....

Overall I didn't like it(2)......I can see the fans complaining about getting their monies worth(especially with their ticket costs)......and there should be only ONE(1) final round pair(2)!!!! I didn't hear many drivers praising the idea either.....Just wait till one car jumps the barrier and takes out two other cars instead of just possibly one.....Talk about opening a can o' worms.....

• 1 month later...
I thought it looked real cool. It was different for sure. I guess Im just to "Old School". I think it should stay as a two lane sport. But I bet we see more of these tracks spring to life. Times are changing in all forms of motor sports. Im going to have to sit on the fence on this one.

I thought it was a novelty the sport really doesn't need. In fact, the TV coverage (best measure of any sport's exposure) has never been better. We all appreciate Bruton's zeal in track acquisition and building,... but if you're gonna' do four wide,... take down the wall that separated the two pair all the way through the shut down area. If you're gonna' do four wide,... one mistake should be able to take out all four cars. Otherwise it's hype and novelty. I vote No.

Archived