hot rod hill motorpark

get ready for some fun at the hill, meet and greet, general discussion, rules, plans, and a number of other things to kick off the restart of hotrodhill motorpark. i will be talking with wayne the next couple of weeks and posting on this site any updates, thanks, del harris

p.s. you may corrispond with me on this site, i would like a list and phone numbers to all that want to be at hrh april 3rd, please pm me if you don't want your number to be public, thanks again. :P

Just got back from the track. We have worked the track for a solid week and the track is absolutely going to be as good if not better than before. We will probably be doing a sound test this weekend with only a few cars then, most likely a playday all day next Sunday hopefully. Del or myself will keep you posted on the actual days for test and tunes and Wayne hopes to be opening some time in June. But that's not definate. May be later or possibly earlier depending on how much help he gets.

it will not be on sunday because it is easter sunday, on saturday, the gate will open early, things should kick off 10:00am, sorry authur, some people have little kiddo's that want to hunt easter eggs, you are a big boy now and you only hunt the wabbits, ha! ha!, thanks, del :ph34r:

get ready for some fun at the hill, meet and greet, general discussion, rules, plans, and a number of other things to kick off the restart of hotrodhill motorpark. i will be talking with wayne the next couple of weeks and posting on this site any updates, thanks, del harris

p.s. you may corrispond with me on this site, i would like a list and phone numbers to all that want to be at hrh april 3rd, please pm me if you don't want your number to be public, thanks again. :P

Del I would like to be there april 3rd. my number is 832-279-3083 I have another person who will probably come also but would not be till after 2pm he has to work. I will have him contact u on your phone. I have one question, what mufflers do we need is it the schoenfields like we had before or something else, I have a limited mod with chassis headers and imca 609s and turn downs. please let me know when and what time. I am available to help at track on weekends if need be.

We really thought that cars weren't going to be out there till today but the track was good enough for some testing yesterday late afternoon. I knew I shouldn't have taken my car but it was out there. Too dry and too much bite had my rpm's too far up...Blew the motor. So, I'll be out for a while.

They finally got the water truck going about the time I left so they may do more testing today with the track wet, I just don't know right now....Call Wayne or run out there

After being shut down for over four years, a Brazos County racetrack will soon welcome back racers to Bryan.

Back in 2005, Hot Rod Hill off of Highway 21 was closed down when owner Wayne Brown was sued by a neighbor who claimed noise from the venue was a nuisance.

"I've never been involved in the justice system before and I was very alarmed as to how it went. It's a big gorilla. Whether you're on the wrong side or the right side, he still does some harm to you," said Hot Rod Hill owner Wayne Brown.

The last half of the decade has been a nightmare for Brown. After fighting a Brazos County jury's decision to shut down his track, last July, the 10th Court of Appeals in Waco ruled in his favor.

"When they opened the book and ruled by the law, we won. That's the end of that story we hope," said Brown.

Now with the summer racing season just around the corner, getting the track back up to speed after a lengthy lull is all Brown and area racers can think about.

"I got a lot of people hanging over the fence every afternoon trying to help me or wanting to bring me soda and something to eat all afternoon," said Brown.

Brown is repairing Hot Rod Hill since it's laid dormant for over four years. Changes are also being made to further reduce the amount of noise coming from the race track.

"All the cars that come out will be tested and we'll have people standing in the infield with instruments and if someone exceeds the limit when the race starts, we'll black flag them out of the race. If they still don't stop, we'll stop the race and take them out," said Brown.

To Brown, the track provides racers with more than just a place to race.

"We're proud of the little race track. We see a lot of people come out and they learn how to do a few things in life. They learn how to work, they learn how to win, they learn how to lose, and how to do both of those with a little dignity," said Brown

It's those life lessons that matter most to Brown. With his years of experience in the world of racing, he's seen first hand just what the sport can do for families.

"I'm glad to get back to doing something positive. The families that are involved in this tell me their kids don't want to go out anymore. They want to work on the car and they want to go with dad. You know there's not a lot of things in life that make kids want to hang around their parents, so we're proud of that," said Brown.

Brown will continue the repairs on his track over the next month and hopes to have the track's first race in close to five years in the beginning of May.

taken from KBTX

Archived