1920s or 30s Race car identity

harleridr

Tom - You continuously amaze me with this stuff...

Now that the owners/driver's names are in the forums they will show up in Google searches. Maybe someone will stumble across this thread and fill in the blank spots.

Nick

Tom - You continuously amaze me with this stuff...

Now that the owners/driver's names are in the forums they will show up in Google searches. Maybe someone will stumble across this thread and fill in the blank spots.

Nick

I agree Nick. Tom amazes me. I think he is a "Time Traveler" from the past. :lol:

Well,

This one took some work, and help from a fellow located overseas. I had one friend ID the engine, and the across the pond guy confirmed the engine and the ownership.

I think the time frame is the problem when researching things from that era, as records keeping was nothing like it is now.

I have another small lead I am chasing on this car. I have some historical data on a couple races in Texas that this size car would been eligible to run in. Am currently looking for the results to see if this car ran those races, and with who. It was one race each in Childress, Texas, at an old Fairgrounds track; the other in San Saba, Texas.

• 3 months later...

post-10523-1281795754.jpg

Picture #1 is of Quincey Alexander taken at San Antonio Speedway off Plesanton Rd. in April of 1926 as he waited for the start of an attempt to break the San Antonio Speedway track record of 1:19 minutes. $100 prize was offered to anyone breaking the record.

post-10523-1281795961.jpg

Picture #2 is of Sam Passur taken the same day. Information was taken from the archives at Institute of Texas Cultures.

Archived