New Rules are Posted on the Website

TRP

Ok, here it is. The rule changes are posted on the Texana Raceway Park website. You can go to www.texanaracewaypark.org and click on the rules tab on the top. Changes have been made in the Hot Stock trucks, Bombers, and the tire rule for the Limited Modifieds are now posted and highlighted in "red". Thanks for your support and hope to see yall soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, here it is. The rule changes are posted on the Texana Raceway Park website. You can go to www.texanaracewaypark.org and click on the rules tab on the top. Changes have been made in the Hot Stock trucks, Bombers, and the tire rule for the Limited Modifieds are now posted and highlighted in "red". Thanks for your support and hope to see yall soon.

On the limited rules you still have the old IMCA rule of 4 valve relief pistons listed, is the new IMCA rule of "Any flat top or dished pistons allowed, no gas ported pistons." in effect or is this a standing rule?

On the limited rules you still have the old IMCA rule of 4 valve relief pistons listed, is the new IMCA rule of "Any flat top or dished pistons allowed, no gas ported pistons." in effect or is this a standing rule?

Thanks for the insight. I have discussed this with the others and we will change the rule to match the IMCA rule of "any flat top or dish piston. No gas ported pistons". Thanks again.

Is the 18" vacuum rule still going to be in effect on the bombers? Are you going to have a street stock class so cars from shady oaks can run since they changed vacuum to 15"?

Justin

The 18" vacuum @ 1000 rpm rule is still intact in our rules. We are keeping our class the same with the exception of allowing rear disc brakes on a stock OEM rear end, this is for safety. All other rules will remain the same.

it's none of my business because I don't show up very often. BUT, you two tracks got a good thing goin on down there (edna and goliad). don't let some rule changes screw that up. one side or the other needs to give a little or yall are gonna end up like houston. I know alot of houston guys that talk good about both places down there and we all wish we could come more often. it's like a little vacation when we can leave houston behind and visit your tracks. it works well for yall because you work together on rules and schedules and all that stuff. all these rule changes do is hurt car count and tie cars down to one track. it especially hurts when you want to pull cars for a big race also. people won't pay that extra fee thinking that they might get disqualified because they're running a floater and yours is a stock 9 inch. when someone thinks they got beat, for example " by a motor that only had to pull 15 instead of 18 inches of vaccum, they most likely aren't going to place themselves at that disadvantage again. I'm just an outsider looking in. hope this sheds a little light on you area. try to work it out is all i'm sayin or it will be your doom. this is meant for both tracks to understand, not just edna. I've been racing in houston for 10 years and seen promoters throw one little rule change in keeping cars away and keeping cars from showing up (105 and willis) 20 miles apart. when guys show up to a track, they want to know that they have the best chance at a good finish racing within the rules they are allowed. it would be best for your racers and your track to stay as close as possible. sorry for the long speach, just hate to see a good thing go down the drain.

Randy Seals

THE ONLY ADVANTAGE TO A FLOATER IS SAFETY OVER REGULAR 9" NO POWER ADVANTAGE. I DON'T REALLY CARE WHO GIVES ON THE VACUUM i WOULD JUST LIKE TO RACE MY CAR BOTH PLACES, BUT IF I HAVE TO PICK ONE OVER THE OTHER IT WILL PROBABLY BE SOS BECAUSE THEY USUALLY HAVE A BIGGER CAR COUNT. ANOTHER THING i DON'T UNDERSTAND IS WHY GUYS CAN'T RUN CAMAROS AT EDNA.... THAT WOULD HELP YA'LLS CAR COUNT ALSO......THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A NOVA AND CAMARO IS REALLY JUST THE BODY.

THE ONLY ADVANTAGE TO A FLOATER IS SAFETY OVER REGULAR 9" NO POWER ADVANTAGE. I DON'T REALLY CARE WHO GIVES ON THE VACUUM i WOULD JUST LIKE TO RACE MY CAR BOTH PLACES, BUT IF I HAVE TO PICK ONE OVER THE OTHER IT WILL PROBABLY BE SOS BECAUSE THEY USUALLY HAVE A BIGGER CAR COUNT. ANOTHER THING i DON'T UNDERSTAND IS WHY GUYS CAN'T RUN CAMAROS AT EDNA.... THAT WOULD HELP YA'LLS CAR COUNT ALSO......THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A NOVA AND CAMARO IS REALLY JUST THE BODY.

i was going to try and build car but i can tell its not for a poor guy changing rules from one year to other just eliminated me good luck but will come to watch races still

ok..Ill bite...how come they will have to buy a floater? Will that make them faster? Next you will tell me they cant run full containment seats? That rule does not make any sense at all...period.... Now on the vac. rule....there are hundreds of cams out there that pull 15 inches .....for super cheap....in fact a cam i have probably won 50 races with I can buy today for 50$ But a cam that pulls 18...well a good one will have to be special made....even more so since you can run a solid lift cam.... This does not even bring up the fact that the only track in texas that I know of to run an 18 inch rules is edna....so that disallows pretty much EVERY other car in the state from racing there.... and certanly any car in the state with aftermarket heads...headers....solid lift cams and racing tires....So...maybe since I am new to racing...I just dont see your point....but...I will agree to disagree with you...but unless you decide to work with SOS...and pretty much every track in Texas...you wont see my cars out there...Which kinda makes me sad...but the decision is out of my hands...oh...and I agree with justramit on the camaros...I have built and ran both (camaros and novas) and anyone who thinks there is a real difference has not built one..but I bet they have lost to one...AJ

Hey Randy, I know you mean well. And I appreciate your concern. Since I have become the new promotor of the track, I have been working to get this season off and running. But I hear a lot of people or driver's complaining about the rules and asking why won't we change our rules. Fact of the matter is, I had some driver's come to me about the rear disc brakes at the banquet, I agree because of the safety aspect that this rule adds. But I have had no one, and I mean no one contact me from the other track, and only two drivers, have asked me about the rules. We've had some complain on here and some vent on the forums. And thats their right to do so. But we are not the bad guy here. I can be contacted here. If you feel the need, anyone can PM me on here.

If the two that insist on having the 18 vacuum rule y cant u put out the cam specs in order for everyone to compete? Or just allow the guys to go down to the local parts store and buy a cam and compete. Unless u cant handle the competition and wanna walk away with it every night. So either put out your cam spec cards and let everyone know your specs or make it CHEAP and able to buy their cams at the parts store. There was more than two drivers at that banquet, so y did u make your decision on just them two rather than walking around and talking to other drivers and asking their input? If this has been the decision made car count will be lost. Three inches of vacuum will NOT make or break you!

If the two that insist on having the 18 vacuum rule y cant u put out the cam specs in order for everyone to compete? Or just allow the guys to go down to the local parts store and buy a cam and compete. Unless u cant handle the competition and wanna walk away with it every night. So either put out your cam spec cards and let everyone know your specs or make it CHEAP and able to buy their cams at the parts store. There was more than two drivers at that banquet, so y did u make your decision on just them two rather than walking around and talking to other drivers and asking their input? If this has been the decision made car count will be lost. Three inches of vacuum will NOT make or break you!

To let you know I did talk to alot of the racers at the banquet and also before. Also went over the decision with our Tech Man. It was a majority concensus of this class of drivers that they wanted the option to have disc brakes on the rear. I did not make that decision based on two drivers. Come 'on! Those two drivers asked if we had made a decision yet on it. This rule was brought in for safety and to allow other cars from other tracks to come race with us. There are several Houston area drivers that want to come back and race here but couldnt without changing the brakes on their cars, so this is to also help bring these racers back to this track.

I think the main reason why SOS went with rule changes w/o consulting or talking with Edna is because Edna's future was up in the air. Edna didnt post anything about a 2010 season until their banquet well after the rules were already being worked out at SOS. Several months went by before an announcement was ever made! SOS put inplace rules and a schedule that works directly with STS competitors so they could have an option on their off weeks. You cant blame them for not sitting around waiting on other tracks to decide what their plans were. I like both tracks but my preferrance is SOS but that doesnt mean we wouldnt go to Edna for a special race or if SOS rain into some off weeks due to rain. I agree with most of the changes espicially the vacuum. Last year our special grind camshaft was $219 verses this years off the shelf cam is $79. At no point has the pure stock rules been cheap nor have they allowed out of town cars to comfortably race and fit into the old rules. At least this year the Houston Hobby Stock cars along with STS pure stocks can come to SOS w/o any engine and chassis concerns. The biggest rule difference between the 3 areas is wheels and tires which is alot smaller of a list then last year. I wish Edna all the luck in the world but its going to be an uphill battle if you cant count on SOS Street Stocks because they do fit into the I37 Street Stock class as some had already went there last year towards the end of the season. Good luck guys in what ever you do.

HERE IS MY THOUGHT CHANGE THE RULES IF NOT CAR COUNT WILL NOT BE THEIR . CAR COUNT WAS DOWN LAST YEAR ANYWAY WE NEED TO TRY AND IMPROVE ON THAT FOR THE TRACK TO STAY OPEN. HALF OF THE CARS THAT SHOWED UP LAST YEAR RAN BOTH TRACKS. WE NEED CAR COUNT THATS WHAT MAKES THE TRACK STAY RUNNING

STS PURESTOCKS DONT HAVE A VAC RULE. THEY HAVE TO RUN A HYDRAULIC CAM WITH STOCK ROCKER ARMS, NO LONGSLOTS. STS CARS HAVE TO RUN STOCK REAR DIFF, 7.5 IN MOST OF OUR CARS. NO REAR DISC BRAKES, FLOATERS, CAMAROS, RACING SHOCKS, AFTERMARKET HEADS OR 10 INCH WHEELS AND TIRES. I TRADED MY PURESTOCK FOR A LIMITED SO I MIGHT HAVE A MORE EVEN PLAYING FIELD. LOL.

BOBBY JACK

STS PURESTOCKS DONT HAVE A VAC RULE. THEY HAVE TO RUN A HYDRAULIC CAM WITH STOCK ROCKER ARMS, NO LONGSLOTS. STS CARS HAVE TO RUN STOCK REAR DIFF, 7.5 IN MOST OF OUR CARS. NO REAR DISC BRAKES, FLOATERS, CAMAROS, RACING SHOCKS, AFTERMARKET HEADS OR 10 INCH WHEELS AND TIRES. I TRADED MY PURESTOCK FOR A LIMITED SO I MIGHT HAVE A MORE EVEN PLAYING FIELD. LOL.

BOBBY JACK

Most of that isnt needed. The 2009 championship pure stocker at SOS had a stock 7.5" rearend, drum brakes, 993 gm heads, stock rocker arms, hyd. cam pulling 21 inches of vacuum. I think alot of people get caught up reading rules instead of doing their homework and that is getting the car to handle so you can drive it hard and getting most of your power to the track. Drivers need to not loose site of those two things because that is what it boils down to not what someone has bolted on their car and what you dont have on yours. Good luck in the limiteds Bobby. We hope up you kick butt but you may get an arguement out of some about limiteds being on a more level playing field. ;) Lots of experience and $$$ funneling down from big mods.

Archived