I-37 Speedway 4-16 results

Sarge

Here the unofficial results. I copied them straight from the scorers sheets before any tech, or other factors effecting the finishing orders were complete.

IMCA Modifieds

1. 717 GW Egbert

2. 82 Rick Green

3. 89 Steve Whiteaker Jr.

4. 78 Trevor Egbert

5. 14 Brett McBride

6. 55 Danny Brown

7. 37 Billy Pittaway

8. 8g Greg Dinsmore

9. 32 Raymond Tague

10. 01 Tanner Whitmire

11. 35 Curt Clegg

12. 76 Micheal "Crash" Carlock

13. 109 Brandon Baylock

14. 91 Tracy Fink

15. 3D Robert Dose

16. 1 Jimmy "Fireball" Phillips

17. 000 Max Helms

18. 2 Marlin Samford

19. 57 Dale Flanagan

20. 174 Micky Helms (?)

21. 98 Wayne Crouse DQ'ed for actions after wreck

GW Egbert won this one the way all drivers want to, by earning it on the track. It was a last lap pass for the win.

In the Stock Car classes, it was a good night to be #25

Super Stocks

1. 25 Claud Jordon

2. 6 Johnny Torres

3. 48 MK Wallace

4. 02 Robert Williams - DNS

Limited Late Models

1. 25 Carl Pitts

2. 12 Carl "Stubby" Dyer

3. 14 Gary "Taz" Hunter

4. 67 David Rydl

5. 57 Ed Forsythe

6. 6 ??

7. 66 Jim Rabe

8. 11 David Boggs

9. 2x Dennis Hilla

They are still talking about the Pure Stock feature.

Pure Stock $500 to win (this is the way the crossed they line)(subject to change)

1. 25 Derrick Flora (3rd ever start)

2. 96 Justin Henley (wrongly called Charlie all night by idiot announcer )

3. 18 Allen Goree

4. 70 Brian Cook

5. 7 Gary Rollf

6. 77 Robin Luthhultz

7. 67 Joe Horne

8. 26 Darin Leonard

9. 79 Mike Hager

10. 66 Adam Torres

11. 57 John Kelly Jr. (new daddy, congrats!)

12. 13 Steven Hawkins

13. 85 Jeff Hussman

14. 57x Jason "Moose" Kelly

15. 580 Ben Anderlich - DQ for rough driving

I may have gotten the Kelly's mixed up, but that is how I wrote them down

A great finish to a pretty good Pure Stock race was marred by a drivers father. That is why that races results are still under review.

Anyways, that is how they were when I copied them off of the scorers sheets.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel!

:rolleyes: All I can say is it was a darn good race on both sides of the track,Flora for his third time ever in a race car was excellent ,and if you can go around a dirt track with out rubbin or pushin somebody you ain't racin,

The only error I saw was charlie going out on the track, fighten is not for the track and if you can't go out there to have fun you just as well quit because you sure can't get rich at it .As for the 15 year ,well thats a whole nother story for a nother time ,but what the hay we got the money and the trophy and gladly paid a fine on top of it ,but thats racin .

Sounds to me like Randy is just a little prejudice here. Could it be he's associated with one of the race teams involved!

Reb, I think you're right. Flora did well in his heat and in the feature had to come from the back because of a spin. Looks to me like it was a race to the finish in the 4th turn of the last lap. Henley got too high and Flora went in under him. Flora went up - Henley went down. It shouldn't be any supprise what happened; Henley's door wound up on Flora's nerf bar. I'd say it was good hard racing and the adults should have stayed out of it.

By the way, where in the world did young Henley learn all those expletives? I thought this was a family sport.

I think the results have been made official so Flora gets the trophy and the adults get the fine.

if the 25 car beat henley on the last lap, i can't see how there isnt tire marks past the front of the door on the 96 car.....

Randy, you need to look at the pictures/tape. The flagman clearly thought the 25 won and the tape showed the 25 was ahead by 1 ft. no matter where the marks were.

As far as Charlie stopping himself, we'll never know for sure since the flagman jumped out of the flagstand and got between the 25 car (with Flora still in it) and Charlie. Charlie was the only none driver/official on the track.

I once had a dog that was very protective of my kids. They were walking by the house of a neighborhood German Sheperd owner when his dog ran out barking at the kids. My dog ran up into his yard and tore the ear off his dog. The legal battle that followed determined that my kids did nothing wrong and the actions of the german sheperd appeared to be threatening toward the kids to any self respecting kid protecting dog, therefore the german sheperd was at fault no matter what his intentions actually were.

It doesn't matter whether Charlie stopped himself or not. His actions indicated he was going after the Flora kid. He should have stopped himself before he got on the track.

Just the observations of an older and wiser race participant.

hray,

So what your saying is it's ok to just flat run other cars over to win and it's all fine. Now I understand. The 25 had already been talked to about dirty driving in the heat. I ran second until I lost a belt and never touched the 96. We'll see how things go Friday. I'm not gonna have to hit you to pass you though.

Grow up and get over it ,its raising is it not ,I don't beleive you got around the track with out bumpin or rubin anybody, you must of fallin, out on first lap or no no I know what it is you should be in Nascar cause your a profesional right ..............QUIT WHINING AND GET OVER IT ,JUST GO RAISING .

Randy and 26- Did either of you watch the race?? I assume that you are both racers and that you were on the track Friday night. If so, then neither of you saw the race. If you would like, I will get a copy for you. If you have not seen the race, then you dont know what you are talking about. Flora got the trophy and the money, thats all that matters, right!?

See you Friday!

Okay guys, this is all a bunch of BS if you know what I mean. The whole point of the matter is a 15 year old beat you all and he has only been racing 3 times, And no I have not ever been on a race track {in a car that is} ,but I've seen my share of races and 25 never spun any one out on friday and if you were watching you would have seen the 96 get into the oil coming out of 4 and he never really had full control after that, 25 never lost his line. But any way noOOO,,,,,, ruff racing is not the way to race smarty pants, but bumpin and rubbin goes on all over the track, happens every where! I never saw the 25 spin anyone out ????

And if I where to ever race, it would probably be a big laugh for everyone even you .Listen, this is getting carried away, this is just a kid that has had racing in his heart for years ,give HIM a chance.........YOU ALL Cool down and forget about it, we all have to live and learn ,and the whole point of the matter is the kids didn't cause all this B.S........So lets go racin and have fun you sure can't get rich at it right ......Thanks for being attentive!!!!!! :P

Just an unbiased view from the infield but had the 96 not nearly lost it and spun coming out of 4 on the last lap he was far enough ahead that he would have won. The reason why I say that is he was so far sideways he started coming my way as I was at the exit of 4 looking to take a picture. As for 25 he was very low on the race track coming out of 4 maybe looking to drift up the track. But since I turned for a second when I thought the 96 was coming my way I didt see how he came out of the turn. I do think it was a rather hard hit... Now on the reation of the team members and them coming onto the track after the race I have a feeling that they (Frank or Flagman) need to put a lock on the fence door to at least prevent that from happening again... It was just a rough night for racing for both the Mods and the Pures but it looks like this weekend will be just as fun...

Finally, someone who actually SAW the race. Marc, you're absolutely right, Henley had the race won. I talked to the Flora kid and he said he thought he would get 2nd place, but as they rounded turn 3 Henley turned and looked back at him. When he did, for some reason he drifted way up the track and got sideways. Flora made the decision to go. If you look at the video, Henley came down the track at a fairly radical angle while Flora came out of the turn low with a normal line toward the flagstand. That's when they got into each other with Flora's nerf bar at Henley's door. I do believe Henley was still pretty much out of control at that point and Flora was determined not to give up track position. It probably was a pretty hard hit, but it couldn't have been too bad because Flora's car is unhurt other than sheet metal (unknown about Henley's car).

I talked to the flagman about a lock, and he said they couldn't do that because it would also restrict access of the officials in an emergency.

Actually, I think fining the 2 adults and not allowing their cars or them to race until the fines are paid was probably the best punishment this time. It's too bad the Henley team is still trash talking. I have to agree with some others on this thread, "It's racing; get over it".

You must be hearing things, I've not seen or heard anything about any retrebution,Who cares who's friends with who ,I've known Charlie for 10 years or longer I think I'am even kin to him some how, Any way Listen lets forget about all this B.S. and go racing just like we did the first and the second week ,no body on this end is out to crash or cause any trouble for any one even Charlie .I appologize for getting your feathers ruffelled I thought this chat thing was so you could keep it off the track. But I guess we are not all grown ups in here.So I guess carry on do what you think you have to . :(

Archived