RACE CARS

ebco2468

I haven't heard much about Code Compliance issues within the city, although certain subdivisions have and enforce their own subdivisioun rules, especially in the gated subdivisons.

I had that experience with the gated community thing. About a year after I bought my house, I got a wrecker to drag my Firebird over. It was out in public only as long as it took to back it into my garage. Next day, I get a call from the Homeowner Association that I have a junk car in my driveway, and I need to remove it immediately. I reply that it is a restoration project, and it is in my garage. The broad from the HOA stated that I was incorrect, that her info had it in the driveway. I told her to get her ass out of the office and come look for herself. The next day, she calls back and states that her info had been incorrect, but at the same time, I did not need to be so rude to her on the phone.

Turns out we had a "blind peeker" who reported everytning we did that she did not like. This same HOA sent me a complaint letter stating that I was supposed to get permission before cutting down a tree in my yard. The fricking tree was DEAD.

If ya'll remember Tony Johnson who raced around here a few years ago; (His wife had the collectible shop in Live Oak), he lived right behind me, and had a neighbor who called the cops every time he started his race car. They bitched about the noise he made losting the car at noon.

This stuff will go on forever as long as people tend to other's business more than their own.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the ordinance I found on line you can have a race car as long as it can not be seen from the streets or by any neighbors. Also, you can not even change your oil in your own yard. There is no vehicle repair of any sort allowed. Our code enforcer did a clean sweep of ours and several blocks around us. Unfortunately, there are a few other racers around here.

lol Wait your not spose to fix pot holes in the rain? I thought thats how it was done...Oh now i know why mathis roads are so bad... :lol:

if you noticed .charly .they did repave the rosd leading to city hall ..a few year back ..man that city was hell on my backside when i delivered fed ex for three years ...i found county roads smoother than that ..even where you live wasnt bad ..i was routing that town when all those house fires were getting started ..

The city of Mathis does have a city code . CJY they have a code out where your dad and all the cars are at but no one has pushed the issue about the cars that is why that big wood fence was put up down the road from your dad place

I thought they put that fence up cuz they like to run around in there birthday suits.....Oh well

well that could be true with some of them but no it is all the bs behind the fence

The fence thing doesnt work either. I put up a 6 ft wooden fence around my yard and the city people get out

of their cars and come up in my yard and look over

my privacy fence.

The fence thing doesnt work either. I put up a 6 ft wooden fence around my yard and the city people get out

of their cars and come up in my yard and look over

my privacy fence.

should have put a 7 foot up ..lol how you doing speedy .i see them looking over mine and they may get a finger in thier eye,s

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like CC is getting money hungry again. I here that they are getting pretty picky with the code.

Im glade i moved when i did . As far as i know there is no code like that here because i see junk cars

sitting all over Bryan and people working on their cars all the time . What it sounds like to me is the city

thinks they are better than any body else i dont think its wrong to work on your own car because the

garages now of days rip good people off and besides it is cheper to do it your self. I am with hitech if

they look over your fence into your back yard that means they are traspasing them self dont it ........

O hi every body down in CC tx.........

Well if yall think it should be ok to keep junk cars all over then please don't move near me. I try my best to not make my neighbors look at my junk and they do the same. And I'm sure it's fine to have a racecar in front of your house for a couple weeks but I think a junk car (race or not) sitting out front for a couple years should be atleast put in your garage.

i agree with you poorboy when they sit out in public just rusting away and are of no use .. i had my fed ex van sitting out beside my house for two years .i moved it every once in a while ten feet ..finaly the city or should i say cop .ask me to do something with it ..so i did and moved it ..and then sold for a big lost ..i didnt have a problem with them asking me that ..but to send me a notice .for a car sitting the first day out in my drive ..that made me mad ..... and sending poeple notices when cars are in the back and out of sight .is bs ..looking over the fence is bs too ..and that 7 foot fence ..i have seen alot of houses with fences that high ..newer houses at that ...

well it looks like the city is at it again heard today the todds mom and dad got there truck and car impounded from there driveway so here is what i have to say about that pjiohvo[qehrvo[hqeio[vbhp;evp;dghvbo[h;jklvbpiuaehpvb;avbhpuioeh;vbieh;ivhnkjfpv

bioehuop;fbke trust me you dont really want to know it just wouldnt be right to say that on here.

NIMBYs can be a real pain! A guy I work with that lives out by Ft. Worth is going rounds with his HOA over his bass boat. His house is on two acres, the boat is parked next to his garage on a concrete pad that is there specifically there to park the boat on, it's a nice boat AND has a cover that isn't faded and tattered.... but since the boat can be seen from the street they said he has to move it in to the garage ( won't fit ), or the back yard!

Can you believe it, they would rather have it in the back yard than on a concrete slab next to the garage.

Now, when they called and told him this he said " no thanks, I'm not interested...so why don't you go bother someone else " then hung up on them. Well, it wasn't 30 minutes later that two guys from the HOA showed up at his front door threatening to put a lien on his property if he didn't comply. He gave them an ear full, they threatened to call the police ( from the street ) if he did what he said he was going to do to them as he chased them off his property. To make a long story short, he ended up moving the boat to his back yard... he just recieved a notice from the HOA a few days ago in the mail, it seems there is a boat in his back yard for some reason, and a neighbor has brought it to their attention....so it has to be moved!

:blink:

so, last I heard about it the boat is back on the slab and he's just kind of waiting to hear from them again.

Well yes the city came out and picked up my husbands truck and my dodge intrepid. They are saying that they sent me a letter back in july and that i never signed for it. I never recieved anything. The tags were expired on both the vehicles, the intrepid i was trying to sell and the truck i just dont have the money right now to get tags and inspection on it but the truck has had insurance on it since i bought it almost two years ago. the tags and stuff on the truck have been out for about 6 mos. The city also says that once they take a vehicle like this you can not get it back that it belongs to them than and that they send it to the scrap yard to be scraped.They had said we could show them that they ran but when the battery on the truck decided it was too week they wouldnt let us jump it and on of the kids borrowed the battery from the intrepied and didnt put in back in the car so they wouldnt let me put one in there to show them it ran but they did let todd put on in there to drive it out in the street so they could hook the wrecker to it so the didnt tear up my driveway.So beware the city is out to take what they can.

So we can find out where they live at find something wrong ( boat w/o tags) etc , write them a note let them sign it then drag it away ?? Then call the cops on them at the moment and that makes it all good??? the city is robbing people now for there lack of keeping the budget straight .To me if they came to my house with a tow truck w/o proof that they needed and took a car ,etc thats your right to protect your property life & liberty ------------------ Thomas J Henry here I come

Dont give them the title on anything , they have to cut it up to sell it

Something is wrong here or I just dont get it

Call the news 10 let the media help you

Archived