thunder tires

cRt racing

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here we go again????? and hes not even racing in this class.... I want to make some rules...Can i throw some rules around in the sport mod .... :lol:

..do i have to race that class to be considered ..or do i just have to keep one or two cars that will race thunders running to be considered ..remember i build em .i build the motors for em . i repare em ..and yes do put money in them at times ..so that i consider part of this class ........ did i want more cars to be in that class .yeppers ..am i going to build one to race this class .no not now .will i in the future .that aint out of the question ...... so laugh all you want .i dont give a damn ..charly .. cuz you maybe looking at the back of two cars all year .that i have a major hand in ...

OK its decided.Mike will be the official chicken dancer for the bomber class :lol: Im sure they are looking foreward to it.

Charley,Rick Rapp taught me many years ago tire softener only works if you still have some rubber on the tire.Do you think I would give you a tire with life still in it?As cheep as I am??You just save me a disposal fee.I hope you spend all your money on your engine and cant buy new tires.You might scare yourself. :ph34r:

Here we go again????? and hes not even racing in this class.... I want to make some rules...Can i throw some rules around in the sport mod .... :lol:

..do i have to race that class to be considered ..or do i just have to keep one or two cars that will race thunders running to be considered ..remember i build em .i build the motors for em . i repare em ..and yes do put money in them at times ..so that i consider part of this class ........ did i want more cars to be in that class .yeppers ..am i going to build one to race this class .no not now .will i in the future .that aint out of the question ...... so laugh all you want .i dont give a damn ..charly .. cuz you maybe looking at the back of two cars all year .that i have a major hand in ...

Ok....So I turn some wrenchs and put money in bombers and supers... so I can throw some rules out there too right... And again theres no rules changes....your cars ran last season and there were no issues so whats the deal now..... and what else is new i looked at the back of 2 cars "some" of all last season still was a blast

OK its decided.Mike will be the official chicken dancer for the bomber class :lol: Im sure they are looking foreward to it.

Charley,Rick Rapp taught me many years ago tire softener only works if you still have some rubber on the tire.Do you think I would give you a tire with life still in it?As cheep as I am??You just save me a disposal fee.I hope you spend all your money on your engine and cant buy new tires.You might scare yourself. :ph34r:

Wow Gb you and Hi Tech gettin along.... :o thought i never see the day... hey it worked for a little while...almost got that tire down to a slick.... :lol:

Ok what sizes do that goodyear dan was talkin about come in cause its not the dang rim size me and the fwds care about its the roll out and hight of the tire for stagger or gear there are very few 13s a couple more 14s but a hell of a lot of 15s to pick from that's why I run them I don't what to have to buy new tires when there aint nothin wrong with the one I got maybe some of u other fords should look in to it you never know it may help cause in less you have a 9in (not sayin any names) ;) you really don't have a lot of rear choices on over all gear(also why I run 15s) so you can tune youe gear and car with the roll out and stagger choices jmo take it however u want to :P

if dan is looking at the tires that one car ran at red river .they are treads ...and they are just as fast as the slicks ... cost alittle more than sumo.s from what i gathered .they last awhile if your set up is good .... only draw back i heard is they dont hold air during the week off ..... put it this way that pinto at red river .ran in the 14 and low15s ........tps didnt let him run em after the second race ..dont think it was the tire he ran was the main reason ...the sumos are good tire .aslong as every one is running them ..

I have been on tire rack for the last two days and I can not find the size I need with the tread wear (380) that was talked about at the meeting. So has anything been said if we have to run the 380 tread wear or we can run what ever I have found about 3 or 4 with a 360 tread wear. what is the name of the tire Hi Teck so we might be able to find them and mabe take a look at them

I have been on tire rack for the last two days and I can not find the size I need with the tread wear (380) that was talked about at the meeting. So has anything been said if we have to run the 380 tread wear or we can run what ever I have found about 3 or 4 with a 360 tread wear. what is the name of the tire Hi Teck so we might be able to find them and mabe take a look at them

ill call david wright tonight ..see if he remembers what they were ..goodyear is all i remember at this time ...maynot be the tire to go too .but if its cost efective and in all size..long lasting and such .maybe something to look into .... tps has one tire .and bmw .ford .vw bug .rabbits all run the same tire ....i dont suggest going to those though ..when you can run a track tire .it helps every one .when you can go out and afford a tire others cant afford or cant get it in thier size .thats not good .....sumo.s are good tires for what they are .they last all season long .. dont know if you can get em in 13 ... 14.s 15.s and what nots ...

I think we should wait for an official announcement before we buy tires or change gears.If the track does require a track tire Im sure they will sell them at the track like the Towl cities were.

I just dont want to use home made Charley slicks :lol:

Whatever is decided I still need a locked diff.Why should the FWD cars be the only ones spinning one wheel down the straights?

Archived