New Tire Rule for 2010

Just a question & comment on the tire rule for 2010. Why the change back to Hoosier 500? Did American Racer do something to the track? I have raced the Hoosier & AR's & personally like the AR's. They grip better & they are cheaper than Hoosier. Since Hoosier is loosing money all of a sudden we can get the same tire from them $15.00 cheaper. You can't tell me it cost them $15.00 to stamp IMCA on them. Also in my area I can only buy Hoosier from Smiley's. I prefer to do business with Day's. Why make your drivers pay more for tires & dictate who they do business with. Even though it's only a couple Dollars in price, My AR's last a lot longer than my Hoosiers. With the present economy when a driver can save a buck it helps. Why not Allow drivers to run AR500 or Hoosier 500, drivers choice.

We love racing at Gator & travel almost 2 hrs. to race there. We will always abide by track rules & respect your decisions. Just wanted to ask and offer my comments. Look forward to racing our new 2010 Destroyer X chassis @ your track in 2010 :rolleyes:

Kevin Parker

Limited 7k

My AR's last a lot longer than my Hoosiers.

That's the first time I've ever heard of the AR's outlasting the Hoosiers.....Now granted I've never been to Gator to know if it stays tacky or goes dry slick.....

At the tracks I've gone to, nearly all go dry slick and while the AR's are far superior(grip-wise), they wear much faster. It would only make sense that a tire that durometers harder would not get eaten up as quick...The new super-soft Hoosiers wear even faster than both....Let's hope they didn't switch over to those

My AR's last a lot longer than my Hoosiers.

That's the first time I've ever heard of the AR's outlasting the Hoosiers.....Now granted I've never been to Gator to know if it stays tacky or goes dry slick.....

At the tracks I've gone to, nearly all go dry slick and while the AR's are far superior(grip-wise), they wear much faster. It would only make sense that a tire that durometers harder would not get eaten up as quick...The new super-soft Hoosiers wear even faster than both....Let's hope they didn't switch over to those

I have heard from people who race the dryslick tracks that the AR does burn off quick on them. Gators track is very well prepared & does not have a real problem in my opinion of going dry slick as compaired to other tracks. I think Hoosier stopped making the tire your talking about because of the quick burn off, at least that's what I was told. Hoosier is just not my tire of choice.

Ken, just out of curiousity since Randy is running Gator and 105 now, what tire did 105 run? Will 105 be going to the Hoosiers too if they weren't already running them?

Who knows......maybe Randy has plans on going back to IMCA sanction and working on an easier transition? Or perhaps trying to take the cubic horse-dollar advantage out of the equation with a harder tire.....Just kicking some thoughts at ya....

Ken, just out of curiousity since Randy is running Gator and 105 now, what tire did 105 run? Will 105 be going to the Hoosiers too if they weren't already running them?

Who knows......maybe Randy has plans on going back to IMCA sanction and working on an easier transition? Or perhaps trying to take the cubic horse-dollar advantage out of the equation with a harder tire.....Just kicking some thoughts at ya....

Hey Eric, New car will be ready at end of jan., they tested the first Destroyer X car and it was great. They are doing some extra to mine to try and improve somemore on somethings that could be improved on. There is a video of the new Destroyer XXX modified at Destroyerchassis.com. It should be an awesome car. We are really excited. We will be a representative for Destroyer for the south Texas Area. When your interested in a car come talk to me.

Rebel, I know that gator is not using the IMCA stamped tire so who knows. Thats why I asked.

• 4 weeks later...

All the Houston tracks went to the Hoosier 500 for this year. Stamped or unstamped. Reason being is they allowed the AR's to be ran last year and it started a huge tire war. Both companies kept making their tire softer and softer. So the tracks stepped in and went back to the old tire rule.

• 1 month later...

After the tire issues last Saturday night, I spoke to Justin @ Smiley's in Houston. He agreed that he did say that the 500 tire was going to be legal @ Gator. He said that he spoke to the owner & that it was easy enough to tell the difference between the hard & the soft so the 500 tire would be legal. The owner evidently has changed his mind. I just wanted to let everyone know that Smiley's has made things right with me & the new manager seems to be a man of his word. I think he does alot to help Smiley's reputation & I tend to believe him when he told me what happened. We will be back with H-500 tires. Now maybe tech will be satisfied & we can get on with racing & the winner will be the winner!!!!! Good luck to everyone & we will see you soon. :P

Archived