FRONT RUNNER CLASS

DAN MONROE

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe i can afford to throw one together ....pure stock .thunder ..cost saviengs .and modified thunders for those who have it already ..but with the thunders why change anything to slow em down now .hell lets go all out .darn close anyway .... we have our big heads . .gb can have what he wants . charly can have what he wants ...that way you can have best of the both worlds .............if im a betting man and i am ..in two or less years those stock thunders will be a huge class ..... dan is thinking of the future .. give him an a .. i know this will probably make some mad at me .but at this time ..I DONT GIVE A HOOT .......BUT THEN AGAIN WHEN DID I EVER ..... PS I CAN JUST SEE ME AND RATDADDY GOING AT IT ...WHAT SAY RAT .

maybe i can afford to throw one together ....pure stock .thunder ..cost saviengs .and modified thunders for those who have it already ..but with the thunders why change anything to slow em down now .hell lets go all out .darn close anyway .... we have our big heads . .gb can have what he wants . charly can have what he wants ...that way you can have best of the both worlds .............if im a betting man and i am ..in two or less years those stock thunders will be a huge class ..... dan is thinking of the future .. give him an a .. i know this will probably make some mad at me .but at this time ..I DONT GIVE A HOOT .......BUT THEN AGAIN WHEN DID I EVER ..... PS I CAN JUST SEE ME AND RATDADDY GOING AT IT ...WHAT SAY RAT .

Must.......Play.......Nice.......

Must.......Play.......Nice.......

lol .funny not many thunder drivers saying anything but me .heck i dont mind going slow .its fun ..or going fast thats fun to .... .. me i am playing nice ...... oh sorry big head meant ..esslinger ........may aswell throw in some slicks why we are at it ...... i may come off as smart a$$ ..SO WHAT .. this is what gb has been talking aboult for years .and now he will get it ..i am not one bit upset with dan doing this ..

lol .funny not many thunder drivers saying anything but me .heck i dont mind going slow .its fun ..or going fast thats fun to .... .. me i am playing nice ...... oh sorry big head meant ..esslinger ........may aswell throw in some slicks why we are at it ...... i may come off as smart a$$ ..SO WHAT .. this is what gb has been talking aboult for years .and now he will get it ..i am not one bit upset with dan doing this ..

So your happy with parking your cars huh mike? I dont know if they are cutting the Thunder class out, but just for grins How many thunders, ARE Thunders that we have now, are gonna make new cars???? lets see about this how many TEXAS THUNDERS were plaing to race this year???

so if it is going to be like thunder hill they will all have to be front wheel drive car. that means fual injected and auto matic no more stangs unless he lets run if so i have a stock stang that would work with a llittle work

So your happy with parking your cars huh mike? I dont know if they are cutting the Thunder class out, but just for grins How many thunders, ARE Thunders that we have now, are gonna make new cars???? lets see about this how many TEXAS THUNDERS were plaing to race this year???

dont really care to park cars .......you know if you dont want to change .in order to help a class .but still want what you have . this can happen ..... dan sure dont wants us on here fighting for something we had on another thread .thats one reason im sure thisclass is being started ..but also he can see the writing on the wall just like i have ..the thunder class as you stated isnt for beginners .so this man is doing what he needs to do .but he is throwing in all drivers .so you can drive in this class ....and he will have full control ... i would like to see thunders stay alive .but if it dont ... who .s to blaime ... us ....like i said before .this is the past comeing back again .it happens in all classes .so this is nothing new ... right now you have enough thunders to race .but they are far apart ..i know this is a hard pill to swallow .. your young and i can undersatnd that ... im not mad here .and really dont want to get into any more bs finger pointing and all .and if nick wants this all to be taken off this thread .and dan aswell .im for it .i was comeing back on to clear what i said earlier .but didnt make it ..it maybe time for me to step away from thunders all together .its getting harder and harder to care anymore .thats sad cuz ive been in this class for soooooo long and seen its ups and downs ...like i siad before this isnt the first go around .but maybe the last ..

OK HI Tech, not mad or anything And this is "Speedzone" this is what this forums for talking about racing in texas. and like i said am not saying they are cutting the class i dont know..But! you have 3 cars that are thunders, Me, justin s, randy smith, randy lee, cody, Daniel, Gb , Nellie, {bj34s cars i think theres 3} Tommy, Carpenter's, Bubba, all these guys, 18 cars that are gonna be on the side line cuz we cant be in that class..... that looks like to me a good car count JMO

bj34 is my husband we have two cars that are thunders and his little brother has the #2 that he ran two years a go it is stock we bought it out of Edna

I was going to race it a few times next year might need to see if we can race some where else if they cut the class

C.C. WILL START A FRONT RUNNER CLASS THIS YEAR. RULES WILL BE POSTED LATER BUT WILL BE CLOSE TO THUNDER HILLS RULES. THIS CLASS WILL BE OPEN TO EVERYBODY. WE WILL BE HAVING OUR DRIVERS MEETINGS SOON.

Instead of getting all riled up, why don't some of you settle down and wait to see what Dan has to say at the meeting. Some of you are kinda "jumping the gun a bit" I mean everyone wants more, more, more for themselves. Charlie, this is a yes or no question. Can you show me a consistant 18 car field right now? Everybody is looking for change, more purse money, more car count/drivers and more consistancy. I think that is coming, some will like it others may not. OK enough said, I am not good with these long winded topics....NEXT

how long does everbody thing this class is going to last Thunder hill started the same class and alot of the cars have all ready being sold the first year I dont know if they are building new cars or not I37 started the same type of class and a lot of them cars are being sold to so is there a lot of hope in this type of class making it

well a lot of things are going to depend on what happens in the drivers meeting but im putting stuff on hold till then im just not going to sink money into a couple of cars that could be cancelled in a year but some rules need to be changed to keep this class close or the cars wont be there

how long does everbody thing this class is going to last Thunder hill started the same class and alot of the cars have all ready being sold the first year I dont know if they are building new cars or not I37 started the same type of class and a lot of them cars are being sold to so is there a lot of hope in this type of class making it

Not sure where you are getting the information about THR and HMP, but the cars that are for sale were built for the class and more are being built by the same folks who are selling them. In other words, there are people at both tracks who build these cars to sell to get the class growing quickly. Not for profit. Not as a business. Just to get the class started and in good shape.

I'm not sure about the I-37 Front Runner deal but I suspect it is growing too.

Nick

well we can all agree doing nothing wont help ...never has ...im sure dan wont kill a class that has enough cars and will put on a show ...... i am for growth .and if this gets growth then do it ..this goes for any class .just at this time in point dan is looking at starting up a cheap class .with cost so high now . this gives an option... wether it works here .only time will tell ... it will only fell if noone is interested and dont take the oppertunity... will i build one .dont know .but with my pocket book .this maybe the only way i could go out and have some fun ..i was looking at bomber and still am .they arent very fast .hence speed isnt always the best part in racen ..close racen turning 17 seconds lap time is more fun with ten cars .than 16 second and three cars .... dan has a track to run .he is looking at what it will take to bring in more teams .more fans . .walla more money .... thunder hill has done a great service for starting a stock class for young drivers .it will only help the other classes ..... dan is taking it alittle futher by letiing anyone race ..is that good .time will tell . i know one thing .i have already been looking for a car for this class .and surprise i have had a call from another local car owner and racer .they are looking aswell ... so i say good luck to dan on this .and good luck to the thunders .....

after all the talk about change and Dan makes a completely new class you the one that was pushing going back to stock

I thought you would jump at it and have the first new one built to give everyone else inspiration and show them how to do

it

I am speaking from a fans point of view. I watched the Thunders last race this year which I thought was very boring. The race start i think 6 cars after about 10 laps 1st place was in the middle of turn 3-4, 2nd was coming out of turn 2 and 3rd was just crossing the start finish line. The rest of the cars had already been lapped and were sitting in the in field.

If you can get a class where are cars are pretty close to being equal with 10 or more cars where you never know who was going to win that would be an interesting race. even if they are only turning a 17 second lap time or slower.

JMO

Archived