2010 SCHEDULE AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

i37DirtTrackMama

I -37 Raceway would like to announce that the 2010 season will open with a 21 racing schedule starting on Saturday night March 13. Yes, that’s right, Saturday night! Since the construction of this track in 2000, it has been a Friday night track. That all being fine and dandy, Friday nights have kept the track from growing.

We have been anticipating this move since July of 2009, so this hasn’t been a spur of the moment decision. Not only have cars had difficulty arriving on time but fans due also as evidence of ticket sale going on until after 9:45 pm. By going Saturday we can start and finish earlier and also draw other venues to our track.

I- 37 Raceway will return to the IMCA Modifides, IMCA Sport Mods along with out local classes of Frontrunners, Purestocks, Streetstocks and Limited Late Models. Aside from these mentioned classes, I-37 would like to announce that because of our new Saturday night schedule, we have been able to schedule the Brazo Mini Sprints as a regular feature. We are thrilled to complete this agreement as it is sure to increase the fan base and create a lot of excitement.

Also, because of the Saturday night schedule, we would like to announce the

beginning of a weekly go-cart series. We will begin this series on opening night. We will, have with some test and tunes in January. We will announce dates for both go-cart and car test and tunes in the near future.

As far as rule changes, there are no changes for Frontrunners and Purestocks.

We may make an alteration on the Purestock tire rule but that decision will not be made until after the first of the year. Please don’t buy new tires until then. Modified and Sport Mod rules will be controlled by IMCA, so check their web site for changes.

Streetstock rules remain the same except we will not allow leaf-spring cars to run I-stocks rules.

On the Late models, we will allow alcohol fuel, quadra-jet carburetors and a 3-link rear-end. This will open the class open so more cars in the area can race at our track. We will be more specific on rules for this class in the coming days as there are specifics that need to be addresses.

As I mentioned above, the track itself is under improvement as we have removed all tires in the corners. We are in the process of building driveovers in the corners. This is going to involve moving tons and tons of dirt. We hope to have this finished in early January so we can schedule test and tunes in January and February as we did last year. If you wish to talk with me please call 210-367-6090. Happy Holidays and hope to see you at the awards banquet January 9th …. Jim

The 2010 tentative schedule is as follows:

March 13

April 3

May 1

June 5

July 10

August 7

September 18

October 2

October 22 & 23 $1000 Buck Shootout

Your schedule is really close to SOS for the same Sat. night. Not going to be able to pull from that track on the same night.

OH MY!!! they sched. on nights 85, 281, THR, Corpus, Killeen, HCR, HMP, HRP, Battleground, Gator, Kennedale, El Paso, Abilene, HRH, Paris, Rusk, 105, McAllen, Cowtown, Devils Bowl, Superbowl, Rosebowl, Lonestar,Tech, Grayson County, Thunderbird, Odessa, Amarillo, Speedarama and TMS are running too... Guess we won't be pulling cars from there also... :ph34r:

i didnt realize that you where so funny marc...

if there was a track that was 30 min. away on the same night i would be that guy that tried to run both tracks...

we used to do it all the time gator and 105. had to start last at 105.

i like the fact that i 37 is going to saturdays even if it means i have to miss races it just makes sense to me. but then again i only pull there in about 45 minutes.

I just want to say that I am going to leave my above post unedited because it was written out of frustration that we or at least some of us seem to keep making this into a SOS vs. I37 thing when it should be about putting on a show and putting butts in the seats... If I offended anyone from SOS or 37 including Shawn then I apologize...

Actually the schedule is pretty equal on SOS and STS....thus giving guys at all three tracks the opportunity to run at various tracks on off nights!!!!

Lynn, you could always do like Witt did and have two cars at different tracks and a helicoptor to fly you between the two(Exception; IMCA now only allows one track points to be submitted a night---the Henry Witt rule) :o

I just want to say that I am going to leave my above post unedited because it was written out of frustration that we or at least some of us seem to keep making this into a SOS vs. I37 thing when it should be about putting on a show and putting butts in the seats... If I offended anyone from SOS or 37 including Shawn then I apologize...

Not trying to make this an SOS or I-37 thing.

Dont give a damn about the other tracks. (to far for me to pull)

Want to be able to run both tracks all season.

This isn't Shawn its his father. if I offended you! SORRY.

Shane Moore

Actually the schedule is pretty equal on SOS and STS....thus giving guys at all three tracks the opportunity to run at various tracks on off nights!!!!

Lynn, you could always do like Witt did and have two cars at different tracks and a helicoptor to fly you between the two(Exception; IMCA now only allows one track points to be submitted a night---the Henry Witt rule) :o

ralph burris did the same thing one night running a truck at longhorn and a late model at thr i think??

Can we get a hint on what might be to start looking for tires? Purestocks ofcourse!

personally i think they sould leave the tires the same(g-60) do not change to diff. tires

Think if they change they will go to street tires? Not really all that much cheeper so not sure why they would make this change.

Can we get a hint on what might be to start looking for tires? Purestocks ofcourse!

personally i think they sould leave the tires the same(g-60) do not change to diff. tires

Think if they change they will go to street tires? Not really all that much cheeper so not sure why they would make this change.

Allowing the pures to run grooved pulloffs from the other classes such as G-60 is the only way to go. Very cheap and there are plenty of tires out there.

Archived