Question

BJ34

The same thing happened in TPS a while back and seems about to happen again.

First it was Randy Lee (stock frame) and Leroy Farmer (tube frame) who who read the TPS rule book, saw the obvious advantages and dominated with well-engineered Ford products. More recently Ja Lane's team built a Ford that did the same even though Ja was a genuine rookie driver. And, of course, Tom Johnson's current Ford is poised to dominate in 2010.

I have to agree with your on this one Mr. Carter.

Nick

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charley,that will not work because the horsepower comes from the head flow.But with the HP you need a super strong lower end to live.Thats why they get expensive.Unfortunantly,the new drivers wanting to get in this field will be lapped about every 3rd or fourth lap.There are only 3 answers.First dont do anything,second get some control on costs,or do something to help the other brands,mainly take the chains off and give them what they need.

Nick,the problem is that rules are based more on performance of a certain team rather than the performance level of the machine.OT attests to that by saying many rules were put in place because of me.The fact is if Randy Lee,Cody,Farmer,Lane or Johnson would have built cars with the orignal rules of Texas Thunder they would have been just as fast as me,Neon Will,the Acura or any other front wheel drive.Instead the rules were tweeked every year to help those who could not figure it out.In the Pro Sedans,thoise fast Fords led to restrictions on them that helped the front drive cars but when the fast guys left,the front drivers dominated.That led to lifting the Ford restrictions and like you said here comes another able bodied team ane WALLA the Fords dominate again.This is the difficult part of running different brands.

This leads me to how I feel now,tie my hands and feet then come after me with a big stick.Unfortunately,the casualitys are the guys caught in the middle.Thats where we loose cars.

OT says go back to stock motors.In that case the twin cam injected cars will dominate.To do nothing will have cars blowing up regulary.To restrict the other brands like it is now makes this a one brand deal.I have not ever heard anyone other than myself have any ideas about growing the class.Its been that way forever.Now in desprate times there needs to be some serious thought on how to get back to a level playing field.Pound per cc,OEM heads,tire adjustments and things that cars have in common as items to regulate.Put the race back into the hands of the car builder and the driver rather than the parts seller.Going back to the original claimer rule,the claim amount defined the car.With 1200$ and trade with only the top 4 allowed to do the claim you have a car thats worth about 2500$ to 3000$.If a single car outpriced everyone,it can be claimed by another competetive car but with a price.Other ideas are to open all differentials,go to a smaller tire so that HP is not so much advantage,restrictor plates on ALL cars,Exaust restrictions like they use in Michigan (2"exaust pipe) back to non racing suspension parts including springs,or many other governing items.

As far as tires thats the easiest thing of all.Every street tire has a treadwear number on it.Anything under 200 is a racing tire,period.The track could put a minimum treadwear number like Red River Speedway did.The Sumotomos are 360,the Hankooks that Cody and I use are 200.So were the Dunlops on the Neon.There are some out there with less.

What is needed is to get more cars a chance.Smaller engine cars like 1600cc should weigh 1600 pounds.At 2100 they have no chance.A stock engine car might should have a better tire or something.Most of all something needs to be done for an automatic car.The auto trans kills HP more than anything.Most other tracks have gone to ONLY automatic front drive cars.What can we give to a Thunderhill ministock so they might run with us on off weeks.Maybe we can get a HI TECK idea for something positive????OK I have vented now.I am waiting to see my options for the comming year.

For me personally,I want a locked diff,adjusted rear suspension and get that 200#s of lead out of my car.Then you Fords can have whatever you want.A V8 for Oldtimer.

gb you have yet to do anything with out a fight for this class .if it concerns your car ..im am not here trying to start a fight .i had A THOUGHT AND IT HAS TURNED OUT YOU ATTACKING ME HERE ..IF YOU LOOK I AM NOT OLDTIMER ..SO DONT USE THAT ..LIKE I SAID .I AM TRYING TO LOOK OUT FOR THIS CLASS .IF IT BECOMES A FIGHT THEN LET IT BE AND LET IT DIE .CUZ AFTER 25 PLUS YEARS .I AM NOT GOING TO FIGHT TO MUCH FOR THIS CLASS .. IM SORRY IF WHAT I BROUGHT UP IS BRINGING ALL YOUR BAD MEMORYS U P // THE PASS IS THE PASSED . USE IT CONTRUCTIVELY. ...... NOW SAYING THAT I USED PASSED WITH MY OTHER POST . SO NOW .ITS DONE ITS OVER AND I AM THROUGH .. WE WILL BRING WHAT WE HAVE ..

Maybe we should try and work on getting more money in the purse, That would bring some more people in...I mean think about it, Everyone says yeah i race cuz i love it and would do it for free blah blah blah... but if thats so... why is everyone moving up where the big money is? Maybe we should try and get a few sponsors to pitch in like TPS does or something just a thought...

Maybe we should try and work on getting more money in the purse, That would bring some more people in...I mean think about it, Everyone says yeah i race cuz i love it and would do it for free blah blah blah... but if thats so... why is everyone moving up where the big money is? Maybe we should try and get a few sponsors to pitch in like TPS does or something just a thought...

i know i wasnt going to say anything more ..but ..charly.. its counter productive to keep heading in the same direction this class is heading now ..more purse money isnt going to help/ tps does not have a big purse ..the cost just to run a race can cost you what it pays to win ...we know all aboult that.......tps has sponsors .but it isnt enough to cover the purse and staff travels ...more money is nice .but less cost is better ...and dont tell me that aint so .cuz it happened in 1990 with this class ..cars cost alot less to build .the purse was alittle bigger most of the time and gb had nothing to do with that class back then ..so he doesnt know what went on before that and up and untill that time he started racen with the thunders ....and we made enough money to race the next week ...this has nothing to do with what nick said and gb said ... bringing the cost down has no bearing on some team two or three did in another seares. with the obvious advantage of the rule ..this is aboult cost /.. and keeping the furture of this class intacked ..... if noone wants to cut cost and bring em back alittle .... thats fine with me .bombers are looking real good at this point ..they dont get paid as much as the thunders do .but dont cost as much to run . and if yah cant figure out where the cost is with the thunders then .i cant help anymore nore will i ...i am going to add ..tps has a great set up ..they have rules .and everyone knows what they can and cant do .,...

Mike I guess your talkin to HI Tech for me, am not following you here... I could be wrong but if we go back to the stock motor and etc like you say, wont we turn into a 4 cyl bomber class? I havent really looked at there rules but...I believe they have to have stock motor and such as well and they get paid the same as we are... so if we do that we'll be the same as them why have two classes the same? Now like you said TPS purse isnt more money cuz of travel and such...But if we take the travel part out and just have the purse for CC speedway dont you think we could get more cars to run...Could have The Texas thunders 25 lap feature sponsored by janet cakey... that week and have the Texas thunders 30 lap feature sponsored by criket or something the next. Theres no registration to race cc...so that goes to the purse, and mite just bring the big dogs out to play... I get what your saying about the too much into the car part.. Trust me I used to race modifieds before i got into the thunders, are 2,000+ dollar motor was nothing for the ones with the 80,000 $ engine. Am just saying keep the rules the same dont change nothing add a little money to the purse and see if a few drivers dont come out for the cash...

The way i see the tx thunders write now is that they are outlaw thunders

not what the class was suppost to be. We made that class to be more

affordable and get the younger generation involved. I have raced a whole

lot of my time out of my back pocket with no sponcers and thats wy i

cant race now the economy is bad and so is trying to put the money

in a car these days. Im not bad mouthing the class just giving an

appenion on what ive seen happen with this class. I loved driving in

this class but we need to say enouf is enouf and work on keeping it

affordable... I don't want to ps any body off its just my thinking of it...

again leave the rules the same.... I mean not bashin anyone anytrack or anything but We went up and saw what they call the frontrunner class, and a all stock car were everything was stock wasn't IMO a very good show for the fans the cars were slow and everybody was getting up and getting something to eat...But when the limited mods and Mods came out people were in the stands and were cheering... now am not saying make it an outlaw thunder class but i dont want to be only going 20 mph around the track with noone to race with and no fans to put on a show for Harold you said it right there...It was hurting my back pocket...but if the purse was a little higher then you could use the extra cash to race again next week or something right??? stick with me harold its not math you'll be alright....lol

Mike I guess your talkin to HI Tech for me, am not following you here... I could be wrong but if we go back to the stock motor and etc like you say, wont we turn into a 4 cyl bomber class? I havent really looked at there rules but...I believe they have to have stock motor and such as well and they get paid the same as we are... so if we do that we'll be the same as them why have two classes the same? Now like you said TPS purse isnt more money cuz of travel and such...But if we take the travel part out and just have the purse for CC speedway dont you think we could get more cars to run...Could have The Texas thunders 25 lap feature sponsored by janet cakey... that week and have the Texas thunders 30 lap feature sponsored by criket or something the next. Theres no registration to race cc...so that goes to the purse, and mite just bring the big dogs out to play... I get what your saying about the too much into the car part.. Trust me I used to race modifieds before i got into the thunders, are 2,000+ dollar motor was nothing for the ones with the 80,000 $ engine. Am just saying keep the rules the same dont change nothing add a little money to the purse and see if a few drivers dont come out for the cash...
you cant understand ...

Hey thats what i said...cant use my sayings lol, All am saying is this isn't..... and shouldn't be a begginner class anymore, You wanna begginner class go to gokarts...Right now we are the 3rd fastest class out there, now thanks to the mods....And should act like it...

Hey thats what i said...cant use my sayings lol, All am saying is this isn't..... and shouldn't be a begginner class anymore, You wanna begginner class go to gokarts...Right now we are the 3rd fastest class out there, now thanks to the mods....And should act like it...

with out begginers .your class will die ..

with out begginers .your class will die ..

I didn't say they couldn't race with us... It's like a ladder make your way up...But to take are stuff away to make it equal to them, that isn't right. Your not gonna go up to the super street's and say hey can ya'll slow down for me i can't keep up...Wanna be in the class step up...The same thing is happening in the allison series... the young drivers came in and started crashing and banging up the veterans and they got tried of it and left, and some are selling there cars...Maybe the young drivers weren't ready for that kinda car yet.... Same with are cars, Build a car, get the feel for it, run a season, then step up and make it faster. And with a little more money in the purse mike, they could use it to come back the next week and so on wouldn't you agree???

why dont the track start a pure stock 4cly class if everbody wants one but there are more cars that are not pure stock (outlaw) if that is what you want to call them

does anyone thing you will get other cars to come from different track if it was pure stock . I went to Shady Oaks on Holleen havic the car that won did not sound like it was stock

just a young driver

As usuall York you did not get the point. The class when it was the MINI Stock had way to much $ in there motors

and there were a whole lot more crashes untill Dan and Mr. Yokum slowed them down and as for the pay it has been

the same for as long as i can remember . I know GB, Mike, Lalo,and Jessie Sr. can back me up on that they were there.

I can tell yall that Dan will do the best that he can for all the classes and to get the track back to were it ones was.

As usuall York you did not get the point. The class when it was the MINI Stock had way to much $ in there motors

and there were a whole lot more crashes untill Dan and Mr. Yokum slowed them down and as for the pay it has been

the same for as long as i can remember . I know GB, Mike, Lalo,and Jessie Sr. can back me up on that they were there.

I can tell yall that Dan will do the best that he can for all the classes and to get the track back to were it ones was.

Harold your not getting it ITS NOT THE PAST NO MORE!!!! its time to move forward....ok...Listen to your own self, The mini stock had too much motor back then, so it was the same back then... more crashes means more cars right???? Noone wants to be in or watch a little slow "stock" 4 cyl going around at cc...THERES NOTHING STOCK ABOUT A STOCK CAR!!!! Someone say it in another language hes not getting it... and what is all this about slowed down the rules haven't change in the motor area since i been running.... am not saying put money in the motor...Am saying put more money in the purse so it will help out more to the driver so he can buy gas for next week or his way in or etc...Not everyone can win first...

..i heard all this charly what you are saying way back in 86... and i can tell you one thing . iI COUNTED 5 CARS AT THE END OF 89...... but like i said earlier .i brought this up to see if you guys want to change something to help this class out ..well i see .nothing will change cuz noone wants it HSTAPPER KNOWS WHAT IM GETTING AT ...so see yah next year .have a MERRY CHRISTMAS .......I WILL NOT RESPOND TO THIS ANYMORE ..DONT GET ME WRONG .I AM NOT MAD ........BUT THIS ISNT GOING TO GO ANYWHERE ...SO LETS JUST KILL IT RIGHT HERE ..IF NICK WILL AGREE AND WE CAN GET A SECOND TO IT ..CLOSE IT NICK .

Archived