Question

BJ34

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the rumors going around we should have about 12 to 13 like I said ("SHOULD") we got 3 coming from are group, 4 counting prospect Tommy Goldman, sandoval racing has 3 to 4 coming, Still trying to talk that "OLD" rabie infected rabbit to keep racing, Randy smith is spose to be racing this year. Plus the 66-99 cars, and the Dukes.... Oh i mean latestart racing....And i think Randy Lee said he'll be back this year

where are my old neons, are they racin anymore?

I know one is sitting at skinners house needing a motor....Dunno about the one you sold to charlie....Maybe you should come on down and show us what those neons got again.... :ph34r: You know the ghetto is still there...

I know one is sitting at skinners house needing a motor....Dunno about the one you sold to charlie....Maybe you should come on down and show us what those neons got again.... :ph34r: You know the ghetto is still there...

charlie still has it i ran into him a couple weeks back he wants $2500 for it :blink:. maybe one day them bugs will come back to play

charlie still has it i ran into him a couple weeks back he wants $2500 for it :blink:. maybe one day them bugs will come back to play

I dunno about them bugs they got their own little set up going...Heck they got their own little race track in the back yard...Must be nice to live out in the country

Stock motors??? why do we want to go backwards? Were trying to get this thunder class to go the other way OT...oh oh oh sorry HI TECH ;)

now which way is that ..look at the future .it needs some fixen ..i know you have read my old story in 1990 when we went back to stock motors .from the power motors ..the class took off .with some help from me steven carpentor .bobby burrows pops carpentor ..and a few others ..would not have been posible if we stayed with building faster and faster motors ..with the economy the way it is ..this something that needs to be looked at ..i have been with minies along time as you know ..and this isnt the first train trip i have been on with this class ..... you know we have the power sitting in the shop .and can get some more .but that isnt what we need to do ....... now maybe you think shutting to high dallor power motors down will make it boreing ..well i thought that back in 90 ..i didnt really want to take what i had under the hood out .and it isnt near what we have now ..but still the same ............ , and i was surprise of how much more fun racen was after that ..and heck we lost a second on the track ..but you could not tell after a couple of nights running with stock motors ..i know one thing ..you really had to work on setup.... the future of this class depends on the right moves to inprove car count .not like we did at the end of 1989... 5 cars were all that was going to come back the next year .and two were not even sure of that ... if poeple dont want to pull the power down .ok with me .but we are over powering the tires as it is ..so why have it ..

Stock motors that's fine the motor I had in the car 2 r 3 weeks after the tps tell the 2nd to last race was a stock short block with stock head just cut and a mild hyd cam. I couldn't pass gb with it but I still turned really low 16's with it. And charlie no u can't be the only one running slicks. But what about adj spacers r something

Stock motors that's fine the motor I had in the car 2 r 3 weeks after the tps tell the 2nd to last race was a stock short block with stock head just cut and a mild hyd cam. I couldn't pass gb with it but I still turned really low 16's with it. And charlie no u can't be the only one running slicks. But what about adj spacers r something

i was going to add your story in there .but i knew you would do it .you were a prime exsample of what im getting at ..its called slow down go faster ..we didnt really want to put our tps motor in jrs car .knowing it could never be used to its fullest with those tire.s .. aswell as the slicks to .. ..jr spent alot of his time trying to take off some throtle responce with bolts or sockets .. just so he could keep the back end behind him and not burn the tires off down the strieghts .at the same time trying to get that car to handle better .and it was just aboult where he needed it when the big wreck came along ... so if you have to spend your racen time trying to keep the back end behind you .on throtle up .cuz of to much power then why have it ..or go to slicks .which cost way to much ..as for adjustables ..ok with me .thats alot cheaper than building these motors ..in fact .saveing the money from just one esslinger head. or building a complete cast iron head with roller and all . could buy just aboult every one thats running now springs .adjustables and what nots .

runninford how much money do you have in the head you had the work done to hi teck said stock any work being done would not be stock. two years back the black stang #2 was a stock car everything but the springs and everbody out ran it . who do you know that would want to build a motor that is bone stock with stock ingition to make it a stock class?

ok mike here is a problem if you pull all that stuff out of the fords and slow then down , what about the fuel injection cars and the v w 's i mean i would like to see it cheaper right now but your going to get into way to many rules for the track to tech with all the different types of cars that can run in this class

I have a ford factory head that will pass gb and it comes out like a rocket :P . ford also made i 2500 so i can put one together since a lot of people said i had one but never put the $ down to png it :huh: . i guess they didnt what know that it realy was a 2.3.

I just like'd the sweets i was getting and didnt want to mess it up... :lol: You owe me some more of them cookies by the way... lol

ok mike here is a problem if you pull all that stuff out of the fords and slow then down , what about the fuel injection cars and the v w 's i mean i would like to see it cheaper right now but your going to get into way to many rules for the track to tech with all the different types of cars that can run in this class

im just throwing this out steven ..does not mean you have to go completly stock .. but you have to admit its getting costly and has been costly for some time now .... heck i can build a complete bomber for the price of a fast ford motor and still have left overs for steaks ........... cody before you went to a stock head .you had a big head ..

You guys have already made this a Ford class.Now you dont like it.You will never get the car count we once had with the rules in place now.Every year there has been rule changes to "help the Fords" or "slow down a ceartan VW".So you guys should be happy now that someone has taken advantage of whats available now.When you took out the claimer of 1200$ and trade for the entire car you invented the 10,000$ motors with the 300+ HP heads.Add racing springs and no tire regulation,kill the front drive cars with open differentials and no rear suspension tuning,run off the small engine cars like the Hondas with a rediciolus minimum weight,kill the air cooled cars with too much weight and an impossible carburator rule not to mention also crippleing their ability to compensend for a rear heavy car with the same rear suspension restrictions,remove the all stock body rule and you have the formula for a 2.8 2100 lb rear drive live axle car with racing springs and racing treaded tires.Thats exactly what I would build if I seriously wanted to be a consistant winner now.Im surprised your not asking for slicks again so we can again match super street times.And have a 4 or 5 car count.Its the old addage,be careful what you wish for,you got it now.

If anybody is really serious about what it will take to expand the class they need to consider what other brands need to compete as well as how to allow the underfunded Ford teams to have a chance too.Otherwise we are almost back to the Outlaw Ministock days of the mid 80s.Super fast,super expensive and super extenict now.

As for myself,my first Scirroco was obsoleted with all the Ford rules of the late 90s to the point that I sold it and built a rear drive Karman Ghia.The 2nd year thar car was obsoleted with more "even playing "rules. ( carburator and pump gas rules )That was the year I talked Mark V into running Sams Scirroco and he won over 20 features.You guys shot yourselves in the foot again because the watercooled VW DOES run good with the little weber and pump gas.Ask Charley,AKA 260 York,he parked next to me and saw when I was running pump gas this year.Until our Jimmy Johnson named Cody took advantage of the rules like any smart racer would do and came out with the kind of Ford that was needed all along.This upped the bar for all of us and now were blowing engines and smoking tires to keep up.Again my car is obsolete.It doesnt matter how much tire spin I have with an open diff so more engine means nothing.The camber loss of a trailing arm suspension like mine and the bugs have can only be overcome with way too much rr spring and thats a super loose car.

If anybody has a copy of the original Texas Thunder rules read it and you will be surprised how much has changed.Now you Ford guys are going to have a money war,spending serious money to win crumbs.And it sounds like some are not happy.Good greif.It really is true,the 4 cyl guys are their own worse enemy.

You guys have already made this a Ford class.Now you dont like it.You will never get the car count we once had with the rules in place now.Every year there has been rule changes to "help the Fords" or "slow down a ceartan VW".So you guys should be happy now that someone has taken advantage of whats available now.When you took out the claimer of 1200$ and trade for the entire car you invented the 10,000$ motors with the 300+ HP heads.Add racing springs and no tire regulation,kill the front drive cars with open differentials and no rear suspension tuning,run off the small engine cars like the Hondas with a rediciolus minimum weight,kill the air cooled cars with too much weight and an impossible carburator rule not to mention also crippleing their ability to compensend for a rear heavy car with the same rear suspension restrictions,remove the all stock body rule and you have the formula for a 2.8 2100 lb rear drive live axle car with racing springs and racing treaded tires.Thats exactly what I would build if I seriously wanted to be a consistant winner now.Im surprised your not asking for slicks again so we can again match super street times.And have a 4 or 5 car count.Its the old addage,be careful what you wish for,you got it now.

If anybody is really serious about what it will take to expand the class they need to consider what other brands need to compete as well as how to allow the underfunded Ford teams to have a chance too.Otherwise we are almost back to the Outlaw Ministock days of the mid 80s.Super fast,super expensive and super extenict now.

As for myself,my first Scirroco was obsoleted with all the Ford rules of the late 90s to the point that I sold it and built a rear drive Karman Ghia.The 2nd year thar car was obsoleted with more "even playing "rules. ( carburator and pump gas rules )That was the year I talked Mark V into running Sams Scirroco and he won over 20 features.You guys shot yourselves in the foot again because the watercooled VW DOES run good with the little weber and pump gas.Ask Charley,AKA 260 York,he parked next to me and saw when I was running pump gas this year.Until our Jimmy Johnson named Cody took advantage of the rules like any smart racer would do and came out with the kind of Ford that was needed all along.This upped the bar for all of us and now were blowing engines and smoking tires to keep up.Again my car is obsolete.It doesnt matter how much tire spin I have with an open diff so more engine means nothing.The camber loss of a trailing arm suspension like mine and the bugs have can only be overcome with way too much rr spring and thats a super loose car.

If anybody has a copy of the original Texas Thunder rules read it and you will be surprised how much has changed.Now you Ford guys are going to have a money war,spending serious money to win crumbs.And it sounds like some are not happy.Good greif.It really is true,the 4 cyl guys are their own worse enemy.

dang gb .you got your pantys tight there lossen up ..this isnt aboult unhappy ford guys .and you were the reason why fords had to add things anyway ..back in the day ..but thats old news ..if the drivers in this class want to keep going with what we have .lets do it ...but i see the future not looking to good for this class ..the writing is on the wall ..just trying to keep this class alive for the future .. it is to late to really do something major this year ..but something needs to be done over the next year or so ... codys ford got better when he lost the big motor .before that he dragged race ...

Archived