I 37 Sat nites in 2010

txhotmod

With all the limited mods and talent in South Texas once someone puts a series together simaliar to the way USMTS does. It's not going to matter who runs on what night. I know Owen started something like this earlier in the year. Also may help the teams that have been hit by the ecomony racing once a month.JMO

DISCLAIMER: This is just a example boried a work ;)

South Texas Limited Modified Series (STLMS)

Feb.- STS Series opener 3 day show

March-SOS

April-I37

May-RGV

June-STS

July-SOS

Aug-I37

Sept.STS Labor Day show

Sept.-RGS Steve Tomlinson Memorial

Oct.-SOS Havoc

Nov. I37 1000 Buck Shootout

Nov. RGS Nationals Final Race 3 day show

Point Fund

Rookie of the year award

chassis award

engine builder

Hard Charger Award

A little off the topic but you get the idea. Working together!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If all of the tires are removed from the outer turns "beware of the abrupt drop off by turns 1 & 2 and the concrete water storage tank outside of turn 4.

JMO--Friday night would still be preferred--to much competition with other tracks on Saturday

Great point. Saw the 07 go over in a practice and his car was done. Definitely need some sort of barricade around the corners. Seen guardrail suck in the cars but they werent upside down. Think Charminn makes a guradrail.LOL

ARE WE THE DRIVERS GOING TO HAVE A MEETING WITH THE TRACK STAFF TO VOTE ON THIS and WHEN WILL THE DECISIONS BE MADE ? I AM SURE A LOT OF DRIVERS ARE WANTING TO KNOW ! SO WE CAN DECIDE WHICH TRACK WE WILL BE RACING AT,AND WHICH RULES WE ARE GOING TO BUILD CARS FOR ! TOO BAD THE TRACKS CANT GET TOGETHER AND GET RULES THAT WORK FOR EVERYONE.

sat nites are good just make it opposite of corpus and maybe try non imca sanctioning one year but use their rules other than headers and get could tech equipment and use it! the two tracks are so close its a shame they cant work closer together!

sat nites are good just make it opposite of corpus and maybe try non imca sanctioning one year but use their rules other than headers and get could tech equipment and use it! the two tracks are so close its a shame they cant work closer together!

So you saying go head to head with SOS an even closer track? Good Luck with that!

Some of y'all are totally missing the point......obviously I-37 wasn't making it on Friday nights and in the interest of keeping the gates open, a change had to be made. CIP(Case in point).....let's say you're a business owner and open on Saturday.....but the cost to operate(overhead) on that day is more than you take in with sales/whatever.....Do you continue to open that day or change to save the business?????

Funny 90% of drivers will bitch/complain about payout and tracks running off the back gate......yet you expect I-37 to do just that???? :huh: The track should do far better fan-wise, especially during high school football season. Then perhaps they'll at least have the opportunity to increase payouts.

I37 had a good car count most friday nights

Other than Pure Socks, 6-10 car per class is NOT a good car count.

So you saying go head to head with SOS an even closer track

With the exception of Super Stocks the rules don't realy translate over......and if I-37 goes IMCA for Mods and Sportmods even those will be different, and HOPEFULLY more economical......Will I-37 get a ton of Mods going IMCA.....certainly not right away(IMHO)....but I think over time they will return.....It's a stability/trust issue.

Look, I didn't like the idea either......I'd much rather have a Friday track 2 hours away than 3 1/2 hours away(Waco)......But isn't it better to have an OPEN track than a(nother) CLOSED one?

So you saying go head to head with SOS an even closer track? Good Luck with that!

Do you race at I37 or plan to race at there next season???

[edited out by Nick Holt, 11/18/09] ...several cars in every class run at both tracks they now have a decision to make if they go heads up. High School Football only effects a small part of the season so thats not a good reason espicially when they dont race every week. I agree IMCA is the way to go but havent they already been down this road? Didnt work before why now just curious? What has changed? [edited out by Nick Holt, 11/18/09] Good luck with this experiment.

several cars in every class run at both tracks

UMMMMMM......not really!!! If you have no dog in the fight, why continuously stir the pot??? Perhaps, since you believe Friday is such a good day, you could petition your track to go to Friday.....Just a suggestion. :lol:

travel 3 or more hours on a weekly basis

HUH?? :huh:

but to go up against your direct competition seems pretty disperate
(desparate)

Tracks do it all the time....SOS and Corpus did it last year, didn't hear you bitchin' then......How many DFW tracks are within 1-1/1/2 hours of each other???? Hell KSP and Cowtown are within a few feet of each other and both have good car counts.....All four Houston tracks (used to) run on Saturday....

Good luck with this experiment.

If it's a matter of staying open then it's more than just an experiment......Would you rather they just close?......Oh wait.... you don't race there anyway <_<

several cars in every class run at both tracks

UMMMMMM......not really!!! If you have no dog in the fight, why continuously stir the pot??? Perhaps, since you believe Friday is such a good day, you could petition your track to go to Friday.....Just a suggestion. :lol:

travel 3 or more hours on a weekly basis

HUH?? :huh:

but to go up against your direct competition seems pretty disperate
(desparate)

Tracks do it all the time....SOS and Corpus did it last year, didn't hear you bitchin' then......How many DFW tracks are within 1-1/1/2 hours of each other???? Hell KSP and Cowtown are within a few feet of each other and both have good car counts.....All four Houston tracks (used to) run on Saturday....

Good luck with this experiment.

If it's a matter of staying open then it's more than just an experiment......Would you rather they just close?......Oh wait.... you don't race there anyway <_<

Several cars every week yes and thats a fact. Of course your one visit may not be enough for you to realize that but i thought you would at least read your copied results when you post them. For a good mod count yes they would have to come from as far as 3 hours. I consider 15 cars an acceptable car count for any class in this area. Its obvious over the past couple years the local surrounding area cant pull a mod car count consistantly. Not the mods fault just the numbers arent there. Proove me otherwise. Sure a big money race here and there brings in a few more but its still no more profitable then the regular shows. Dont need a calculator to add that up. Your right SOS and STS did run the same nights this year and guess what they are not this coming year I wonder why? We are certainly not even close to what DFW has as far as cars to pull from so to comparing the two areas is rediculous. Hell even Houston cant compare to DFW, come on man! Your also right about the 4 houston tracks sharing saturday night. They are now down to 2 tracks instead of 4! Regardless if I dont race there I still have friends that do and wouldnt wish them to loose their track by any means. Thats why not only myself but MANY are asking what changes going to Saturday night. Already some regulars have stated they cant race due to the change. Nobody obviously has the answers and every day gets tougher and tougher. I dont envy the position the tracks are in these days by any means but you dont see the Cowboys and Texans playing at the same time on Sundays and there is a reason for that.

LOL... If you have alot of money and want to win a small amount of money go race at SOS... If you have a small amount of money to win a small amout of money race at I-37... No matter where you go someone is going to outspend you... At least at I37 I don't have to have a alot of CHD to win a race... Im sure as hell not going to drive 2 hours out of my way to be cherry picked or have the rules change when I get there... Here is the problem with DM , coming from the Houston area most of the tracks equate IMCA to the devil for alot of reasons, claiming, using spec parts, and not being able to beat someone with a big pile of money. Thats all they know. Wonder why Texana's car count stedily dropped? Same type of track with similar rules... Could it have been too many CHD's? Or does it have to do with the economic times and people just dont have the money to spend and lose interest in the classes where you need money like the LM SSM or Mods? There is no one answer but at least they (I37) is willing to try something different to try to get their car counts up which should bring better purses which should bring more cars ect. ect. ect.... I will be there opening night to closing night... If I find 5-7k lying around in a pillowcase or in some hole a squirrel dug I might go to SOS to compete not to be cherry picked...

Glossary---- For the Humor Impaired...

CHD--- Cubic Horse Dollars

IMCA --- Not the devil... A place where you can win with your foot and your head not always with your wallet...

Squirrel --- Self Explanatory. Can also be used to describe Non-Drivers (Cheerleaders) that stick feet in their mouths up to their kneecaps.

Some of y'all are totally missing the point......obviously I-37 wasn't making it on Friday nights and in the interest of keeping the gates open, a change had to be made. CIP(Case in point).....let's say you're a business owner and open on Saturday.....but the cost to operate(overhead) on that day is more than you take in with sales/whatever.....Do you continue to open that day or change to save the business?????

Rebel... JMHO, but I think I37 is totally missing the point. Maybe it isn't the Friday night racing that needs to be changed to keep the doors open.

And I do have a dog in this fight... I have raced there on Friday and turned around on Saturday several occasions and gone to SOS on Saturday. I agree with Danielson... I think that the change will hurt more than help.

Once again, just my opinion, but I don't think the lack of drivers that show up on Friday is due to the fact that it is a Friday race.

Because I believe if you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem I'll throw my two cents in. Try racing on Fridays but with a more consistant schedule. Maybe race on the Fridays that SOS isn't racing on Sat. That way there is no copetition there and if someone wants to race I37 and Corpus it's still possible depending on HOW BAD DO YOU WANT TO GO RACING?

Look, I didn't like the idea either......I'd much rather have a Friday track 2 hours away than 3 1/2 hours away(Waco)......But isn't it better to have an OPEN track than a(nother) CLOSED one?

I'm with you Reb....An open track beats a closed one anyday of the week !!

I dont think this point is open for discussion. I talked with a track rep yesterday and they have changed it to Saturday night racing. So whatever reasons they have,we drivers need to deal with our own issues and decide which track to run at on saturdays,since friday is OUT for 37. I also wonder why all of the tracks want to cater to mods and sport mods. I think the biggest car counts are in the lower classes (like 37 pure stocks and front runners). These classes are growing bigger and bigger and with the more cars they are pretty exciting to watch. I think the main issue with these tracks staying open is lack of advertising to get the fan base. I never see advertising for any dirt track anywhere ! JMO and see some of you racers on saturday nights now.

People, everyone is talking about car count being better. The car count isn't really the problem at I-37. You have to have fans in the stands to help pay for the whole package (electricity, insurance, ambulance etc.). Its hard for a track to pay for all expenses with just car count. It's always a case of racers really don't realize what all it takes to keep a track going. JMO

I dont think this point is open for discussion. I talked with a track rep yesterday and they have changed it to Saturday night racing. So whatever reasons they have,we drivers need to deal with our own issues and decide which track to run at on saturdays,since friday is OUT for 37. I also wonder why all of the tracks want to cater to mods and sport mods. I think the biggest car counts are in the lower classes (like 37 pure stocks and front runners). These classes are growing bigger and bigger and with the more cars they are pretty exciting to watch. I think the main issue with these tracks staying open is lack of advertising to get the fan base. I never see advertising for any dirt track anywhere ! JMO and see some of you racers on saturday nights now.

ONE OF THE REASONS THEY R WORRIED ABOUT THE MODS IS FANS :blink: FANS LIKE TO SEE MODS THATS WHY THEY R USUALLY THE LAST SHOW TO KEEP THE FANS THERE ;) THEY HAVE TO MAKE MONEY AT THE BACK GATE TO PAY THE BACK GATE :P BUT THEY HAVE TO MAKE MONEY WITH THE FANS ALSO AND MOST WANT TO SEE MODS JMO

[edited out by Nick Holt, 11/18/09] ...several cars in every class run at both tracks they now have a decision to make if they go heads up. High School Football only effects a small part of the season so thats not a good reason espicially when they dont race every week. I agree IMCA is the way to go but havent they already been down this road? Didnt work before why now just curious? What has changed? [edited out by Nick Holt, 11/18/09] Good luck with this experiment.

Having an oppinion and bashing the track are two totally different things. Funny, but have never heard anything positive out of your keyboardabout the track, so why even have an oppinion or go to a track you obviously dont care for. ;)

People, everyone is talking about car count being better. The car count isn't really the problem at I-37. You have to have fans in the stands to help pay for the whole package (electricity, insurance, ambulance etc.). Its hard for a track to pay for all expenses with just car count. It's always a case of racers really don't realize what all it takes to keep a track going. JMO

ONE OF THE REASONS THEY R WORRIED ABOUT THE MODS IS FANS ......BUT THEY HAVE TO MAKE MONEY WITH THE FANS ALSO

There's two people that "get it." Thank you....

Several cars every week yes and thats a fact

I checked your....umm....facts....from the five random nights I checked there were 3-4 on any night, mostly Sportmods.

Your right SOS and STS did run the same nights this year and guess what they are not this coming year I wonder why?

Simple one.....No Texana!!!!

They are now down to 2 tracks instead of 4!

Yes, but look at the REAL reasons!!!

Cowboys and Texans playing at the same time on Sundays and there is a reason for that.

Yes it's called TV rights!!!

Look, tracks all over the country run on the same night all the time.....This is not just some strange Texas phenomenon

Archived