"1000 Buck Shootout"

i37DirtTrackMama

The Hill Country Hill Satellite "1000 Buck Shootout' is this Friday and Saturday. The gates will open at 2:00 on Friday with a "Test and Tune" to start at approx 4:00 and the race is to start at approx 7:30. Since this is a Friday and some racers may be coming from a distance we want to let them know that there will be no penelty for being late. We do ask that if you are on your way to the track to call ahead and let us know your ETA.

The order of the races on Friday are as follows:

Front Runners

Street Stocks

Sport Mod Heat Qualifying for Saturday Night

Pure Stocks

For the Saturday event the gates will open at 3:00 with the races starting at 7:00.

The order of the races for Saturday are as follows:

Late Models

Sport Mods

Modifieds

Front Runner Enduro Race

Demo Derby

Car and driver entry fee for Friday night Sport Mod heat races will apply to Saturday night entrance fee. This does not apply to pit passes. For rules for the race please visit our website at www.i37raceway.com. If there are questions, feel free to call Jim at 210-478-0111.

drivers are wanting to know, if they don't make it friday to qualify, will they still have a chance to qualify on saturday? or do they have to be there both days?

There will be heat races run on Saturday night for the racers that were not able to get there on Friday night. There is no penalty for not running in the heat races on Friday night. We are running whatever heat races on Friday we can as we feel Saturday night will be a full evening.

If you pay your entry fee on Friday night for the heat races, that entry fee will be applied to Saturday night; however there will be pit pass charges for both nights for pit crew and visitors. This also applies to coming for the "test and tune" on Friday night but racing on Saturday night.

other drivers are wanting to know, about the parking, is it first come first serve or do the ones that have paid for their spots, still get to use their spots??

for the sport mods, how many will be qualifying on friday to make it to the a-main. the winner or top 2???

I dont have any say, but I think your cars could run with the street stocks at I-37 with your street tires or g-60s. The rules are real close. I wish I didn't have to go to training this week out of town so I could take my STS purestock to run with the streetstocks. I won my heat but got hit in the left rear tire on lap 2 of a 30 lap race. I didn't have pit crew to change tire in the infield. I would have liked to run a few more laps to find out how I matched up against the big dogs from other tracks. I have gone to Texas grand twice. Made the feature the first time then after 3 hour rain delay got caught up in crash on lap one, blew worn out engine from full season of racing while leading heat race the next year. good luck to all racers next week.

Bobby Jack

STS Purestock champ 09

What rules is yours based off of? Hobby Stock or Pure Stock... Going by the 105 Speedway rules a Pure Stock would run with Pures and Hobby Stock would run with Streetstocks...What car was it that was run at Goliad? If its the same car that ran at Goliad then you were just as fast if not faster than one of the fastest I37 Streetstocks...

other drivers are wanting to know, about the parking, is it first come first serve or do the ones that have paid for their spots, still get to use their spots??

for the sport mods, how many will be qualifying on friday to make it to the a-main. the winner or top 2???

I-37 racers that have paid parking spots will have until 6:00 on Friday and Saturday to claim their parking spots. After that they will be used by guest racers.

The top 2 from each heat will be going to the "A" main. Keeping in mind all depends on car count.

Also, how much is test-n-tune for the drivers???

It is part of the entrance fee. No extra charge.

Joy, the reason why I was asking this one, is there are drivers not sure if they are going to race this after they test their cars out.

What is the cost of just the practice???

Archived