Second Annual "Thousand Buck Shootout" at I-37

I-37 raceway wants to invite as many cars as possible from Waco, Killeen, Goliad, Edna, Corpus Christi and Kyle to come on down to the "Second Annual Thousand Buck Shootout" at I-37 Raceway on Friday and Saturday, November 6 and 7, 2009.

Check the rules on the I-37 web site (www.i37raceway.com), then call Jim Knudtson with any specific questions about your car and which class it will best fit. Track phone: (210)478-0111.

The Thunderhill ministocks should be able to run with the I-37 Front Runners while the Thunder Stocks and Grand Stocks can run with the I-37 Pure Stocks. (The Front Runners and all will run an enduro.)

Most of the classes at Corpus can run with the I-37 classes; again, check the rules and call Jim. This can be a big show for everyone, and we hope an many cars as can will join us for our final blast of the 2009 season.

Rule, schedule and payouts are all posted on the I-37 Raceway web site.

Not that we are participating but I have friends that might.

The street stock entry fee is $100. The start money is $75 all the way to 7th place? Sounds more like the drivers are paying the purse and then some. Also your last big race the pure stocks from STS and Edna both ran in the pure stock class not street stock.

Not that we are participating but I have friends that might.

The street stock entry fee is $100. The start money is $75 all the way to 7th place? Sounds more like the drivers are paying the purse and then some. Also your last big race the pure stocks from STS and Edna both ran in the pure stock class not street stock.

I dunno for sure why but there are a couple of rules differences at both tracks that may have made a difference... Like cam headers and 10" tires... In regards to the cam I would interpet that your allowed solid cams. Also looks like you can use any iron head I.E. World Products Iron heads that flow alot better and make alot more HP when coupled with headers compared to our stock oem iron heads with stock exhaust... Kinda like taking a knife to a gun fight...

Killeen's Street Stock Engine and Carb Rule for your Thousand Buck Race.

6. ENGINES: ALL ENGINES USED IN COMPETITION MUST BE ABLE TO BE USED IN PRODUCTION U.S. PASSENGER CARS WITHOUT ALTERATION. OPTIONAL SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS MAY BE USED IN STOCK LOCATION. CASTINGS AND FITTINGS MUST NOT BE CHANGED. NO MACHINE WORK ON OUTSIDE ENGINE OR ON THE FRONT OR REAR OF CAMSHAFT. FLAT TAPPET CAM/LIFTERS AND STUD-MOUNTED ROCKER ARMS ONLY (NOTE... NO STUD GIRDLES, MAY ONLY USE STEEL STAMP ROLLER TIP ROCKER ARMS). NO LIMIT ON ENGINE C.I., BUT MUST RUN GM WITH GM, FORD WITH FORD, ETC. O.E.M. FACTORY INTAKE ( NO AFTER MARKET INTAKES). HEADERS OPTIONAL, IMCA MUFFLERS REQUIRED. NO 180’S. STOCK O.E.M. MECHANICAL FUEL PUMPS ONLY. NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS. ALL CARS MUST HAVE OPERATIONAL STARTER. ENGINE COOLERS OPTIONAL (CANNOT BE LOCATED IN DRIVERS COMPARTMENT.)

7. CARBURETORS: ALL CARS MUST RUN A HOLLEY TWO-BARREL MAXIMUM 500 CFM OR STOCK O.E.M. FOUR-BARREL

CARBURETOR, NO HOLLEY FOUR-BARREL CARBURETOR. ADAPTER PLATE MAYBE USED, 1” MAXIMUM.

I-37 Street Stock Engine and Carb Rules

3. Engine

Engine must be stock for type and year of vehicle used. GM in GM, Chrysler in Chrysler, Ford in Ford, etc…

Engine must remain in stock position. #1 spark plug may not be further back than the most forward ball joint.

All major components must remain stock for type and year of engine.

Engine-360 cubic inch maximum.

Heads must be OEM cast iron, minimum of 62 cc.

No bow tie, angle plugged heads.

Maximum intake valve- 2.02/Maximum exhausts valve-1.60.

No porting or polishing. No gasket matching.

No aluminum heads.

No heads smaller than 62 cc.

Pistons must be stock, zero decking of block is allowed.

Flat top pistons with 2 or 4 valve relief.

Unmodified stock OEM cast iron 4-barrell intake manifolds are allowed.

Edelbrock aluminum 4-barrell intake manifolds (part #2101) are allowed.

Marine cast iron manifolds are allowed on GM engines.

Porting, enlarging ports, port matching, and floor or port polishing are not allowed.

Carburetor must be stock 2 barrel of the same type and year engine was originally equipped or Holley 4412.

Any solid or hydraulic cam

No roller cams are allowed.

Stock lifter boar only.

Maximum .540 inch valve lift.

Any stud type rocker arm.

Any stock appearing rod, rod length restricted to 5.70” maximum

Exhaust must exit behind drivers seat

No exhaust flow devices allowed such as cross pipes or H-pipes.

Headers are allowed-straight style only.

Which Rules are Better????

I dunno for sure why but there are a couple of rules differences at both tracks that may have made a difference... Like cam headers and 10" tires... In regards to the cam I would interpet that your allowed solid cams. Also looks like you can use any iron head I.E. World Products Iron heads that flow alot better and make alot more HP when coupled with headers compared to our stock oem iron heads with stock exhaust... Kinda like taking a knife to a gun fight...

MARC U DONT NEED NO GUN JUST TAKE UR SHOES U WILL BE FINE ;)

Archived