2009 Track Champions

ThomasCox

For the benefit of those that weren't at the banquet, here are the 2009 Track Champions at CC Speedway:

Texas Thunder Class

1. 23-Cody Limerick

2. 8-Charly York

3. 3-Jesse Sandoval, Jr.

Rookie - 1-Tommie Goldman

Bomber Class

1. 85-Chris Silvas

2. 55-Joe Arce

3. 28-Megan Lestourgeon

Rookie - 28-Megan Lestourgeon

Super Street Class

1. 97-John Henry Witzche

2. 27-Douglas Lestourgeon

3. 66-Troy Hensiek

Rookie - 21-David Moore

Sport Mods Class

1. 82-Anthony Monroe

2. 79-Cody Beddoe

3. 64-Abel Arredondo

Rookie - 82-Anthony Monroe

Congrats to all the podium finishers and the rookies as well.It looks like the seeds for a solid foundation have been planted and indeed will grow into a strong forest of adventure and excitement.All the races I was able to watch left me well entertained.Each class did their best and gave a show for their fans.

To the Texas Thunder guys,I want to say what an honor it was to race with such a fine bunch of racers.To Cody,you prooved what I have been saying all along that a Ford car does not need special rules to go fast.You have set the bar higher than Thumper ever has and it looks like next year the game is on.Congrats to your win and good luck at Kyle.I know you will represent us well.

To Charly,great points battle all year,you showed what a never give up attitude can do.Many times you were beaten down but you never were defeated.This is the attitude thats needed in everyday life for most of us.Thanks for demonstrating this.Thank goodness for me I never got to see your 260 chicken dance,thats a memory I dont have to live with.

To Jesse,what can you ask for more than giving your all to the sport you love.Your team had some serious issues including your injury that sidelined you for the last of the season.Had fate been different you would probably be our champion,but fate is fickle.Next year it could easly go positive for you and nothing will stop you.You have a great support team with tons of experience.

To Tommy,what can I say that has not been said already?Without a doubt,yours was the fastest of the totally stock production cars.With no experience and no hot rod additives you ran with the best.You prooved what I have been preaching and that is a modern production car CAN compete with the hot rods of yesterday.That box stock Nissan 200SX had as much power as most other cars with cams,headers etc.Now that you have eaten the wall enough,your ready to race.Congrats rookie.

To the rest of the Thunder guys,it was a privelage to share the track with you.Together we have again shown that racing can be an all involved sport and 4 cyl racers are as much a part of the show as the top class.Without the great expence and sacriface that V8 car have to deal with.We have prooven Thunder cars is a place where the youngest to the oldest,from the streaking fast to the beggining lap times,from the beautiful cars to the experienced in battle cars CAN AND DO race together with a definate place for all.

Friday I got the bounced checks back fron the Nueses County DA saying the case was closed on Shelma and James.Indeed from the ashes that were once CC Speedway to the Pheonex that is the track today,shows again how magical this place really is.Because of special people like Mr and Mrs Rhoads and now Mr and Mrs Monroe,plus all the supporters of this track this place will be around for a long time.

dang gb you make me want to cry ...does this mean its over for you .................... I SHOULD HOPE NOT /..YOU AND I HAVE HAD OUR GOOD DAYS AND BAD DAYS WITH EACH OTHER OVER THE LAST 20 PLUS YEARS ... .BUT ALWAYS LOOKED TO YOU AS A FRIEND ...... NEXT YEAR THE THUNDERS WILL BE MUCH DIFFERENT ...GOING TO BE FUN ...WITH CARPENTERS GETTING THIER SECOND YEAR IN .I KNOW THEY WILL BE FASTER .WITH JOSHUA GETTING TO RACE HIS FIRST YEAR . IT WOULD BE NICE OF YOU TO SHOW HIM JUST HOW FAST HE NEEDS TO BE TO BEAT YOU ... WITH JR GETTING BACK IN HIS CAR HE WILL AND THE CAR WILL ONLY IMPROVE ...HE WAS GETTING FASTER EACH WEEK BEFORE THE WRECK ENDED HIS SEASON .WHO KNOWS HOW IT WOULD HAVE TURNED OUT .ENDING THE SEASON ON THE SIDE LINES WAS REALLY TOUGH ON HIM .WE HAD TO FIGHT THE URG TO GET HIS CAR READY AGAIN AFTER IT BLEW THE MOTOR .BUT IT WAS FOR THE BETTER I SUPPOSE .....WE WILL HAVE LISA UP AND RUNNING IN A NEW AND IMPROVED CAR NEXT YEAR IF I EVER GET STARTED ON IT ..SO YOU SEE WE NEED YOU BACK .YOU SET THE MARK TO GO AFTER ........ ANYWAY IT WAS A FUN YEAR EVEN WITH LL THE RACEN BS THAT GOES WITH IT ..PART OF THE GAME .....GOOD LUCK IF YOU DONT RACE AGAIN ...MY BET IS YOU COULD NOT STAY AWAY FOR LONG ...

No GB is not done . He is getting thumper ready to woop every body like he did before :lol::lol:

Hey congrats to every body that race at cc speedway . Sure do miss racing with you all..

Im thinking about racing again up here at hot rod hill . Things are looking really good for

next year.. Dont worry York im not running the 8 anymore its 88 from now on :P

No GB is not done . He is getting thumper ready to woop every body like he did before :lol::lol:

Hey congrats to every body that race at cc speedway . Sure do miss racing with you all..

Im thinking about racing again up here at hot rod hill . Things are looking really good for

next year.. Dont worry York im not running the 8 anymore its 88 from now on :P

I don't know about that this time harold.... We all know Gb says and jokes around about being done or retiring for this year and shows up for the next year ready to go..But this time it mite be differnt... I don't know all my history in the thunder class but GB is one of the many that made 4 cyl racing big down here in CC and other places....not saying other people aren't... But ask LALO, ask pappy hell ask oldtimer and jesse and many of the other TPS guys they all raced with him one time or another and had great racing battles with him. So GB, No ,It was a honnor to race with you. Thank you for all the help you done for me and many of the other 4 cyl guys. Hope its not the last ride. but like you said many times after the races, when we were sitting around watching everyone leave the track its gotta stop some time.

Archived