LATE MODEL CLASS FOR NEXT SEASON

ebco2468

I don't understand,all this talk about latemodels at C.C. and hardly no response. I would really like to know if we are going to run latemodels at corpus. Prepairing a car to meet the rules takes time, if your going to be competitive. C.C. Speedway needs latemodels to bring the crowd and fill the stands. I would really like to see limited latemodels prosper in Corpus. So let's hear those voices. Don't let latemodel racing die in corpus. "LET'S GO RACING"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is leading this effort to bring Late Models back to CC Speedway? Is it the track management? If not, who is organizing this class? I'd love to see the LMs back, but unless someone (or the track) has to step up and invest the time, effort and money to organize the class, all this talk is simply wishful thinking.

Nick

Just another perspective - you guys already have a class of cars with limited late model features, the super streets. Don't they allow aftermarket bodies now, weight jacks, tubular uppers, 4-wheel disc brakes, LLM style motors, etc? Compared to most street stock rules, that's already a limited late model.

If so, to top that you'll be in to a class that is very expensive to compete in and can get out of control quickly. Will the economy in Corpus support that? Just a thought.

looks like there are enough cars to run lets get to work and get them up and running an see what everyone has to run and run a few races to modify the rules to make all of these cars run under a open class set of latemodel rules because we have such a mixture of cars that fall under differrent classes it would be a great dissapointment to modify a car and without knowing what this class is going to look like hopefully we can get this class up and running this season and many here after any and all imput is welcome Thanks.

Chase, I wouldn't say the motors are LLM, but pretty much everything you said is correct. I don't know why this comes up every so ofter about wanting to see late models. For one, if you are going to make it a late model class, it needs to be a late model class. Not an aftermarket chassis with no engine, or a suped up super street on 8" tires. Like Chase said, that is what you have now. The super streets are an in-between class once again because they change the rules every year. They added weight jacks, then they added adjustable sway bar, then they allowed 3rd link, then they allowed brake adjusters and aftermarket brakes, then they allowed aluminum bodies, so on and so on. So the class now is pretty much a LLM class, with the engine being the exception. And that is slowly heading that way too. That is why you only have a handful of competitive cars in that class.

Late models have never been successfully consistent year in and year out at CC and that is COST!!! That is why the dirt modifieds are being phased out. CC economy just doesn't support a TRUE late model class. So, if you guys that want to bring out late models want to make it an affordable class by using 3 speeds and low HP engine packages, you have that class now, it is called super street.

If you are not going to make it a true late model class, then don't bother. CC is having a hard enough time fielding cars for the classes it has now. If you want to see late models at CC, then just bring TSRS down more often.

I tink it is a great idea. Alot of people have a car they have already spent money and want to do something with it. Pull it out of the barn and shake the dust off and let them rip! Just safety inspect them,let em turn some laps. Believe me that will let them know if they want to do it or not. You can't have a latemodel class if you don't try. By the way,who is heading up this venture?

I tink it is a great idea. Alot of people have a car they have already spent money and want to do something with it. Pull it out of the barn and shake the dust off and let them rip! Just safety inspect them,let em turn some laps. Believe me that will let them know if they want to do it or not. You can't have a latemodel class if you don't try. By the way,who is heading up this venture?
not real sure but someone ought to step up... be the man in charge... i vote sam.....

I'm no driver of these cars but I do love to work on them and watch them race I don't think we need any meetings right now we need to talk to Dan about a play day at the track to see who and what kind of cars are around they don't have to be race ready just complete enough to show Dan there enough willing to try then as a group work at putting up the basics of what you guys want to do I can tell you this there won't be much money until we come with aleast 10 cars that are pretty equal so you guys can put on a good show the super street aren't close they are hard to work on slow to responded to adjustments and no 1 has a whole after market body then on because it won't last the nite ad never will have the sound of these cars or the following these do

Archived