CC Speedway Hall of Fame

ThomasCox

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Flying Carlucci is one of the tapes, they used to live on the next block from me. Heinamen/Nichols was bad, now they're good friends lol. Funny thing about that one was Nichols usually didn't get hit on track, John Sullivan was the victim usually. Seen that track test friendships too.

bobby my brother would get mad at me for racing too close ..if a tooth pic would fit between us i was to far away ..he hated rubber marks on his car .so what do you tell a driver who hates close racing ..GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY ...the funny part i owned his car .......i know another driver who raced full time from 89 to 92 and some races afterwords ..he has a ton of stories to tell .he helps every one who ask .he has won over 35 races or so and cant count how many top threes at cc .. he gave up his car with two points races left after another driver lost his car .and that driver took the car owners 3 rd place season trophy in that loaned car plus won two races in it ........wonder who he is ..any know ...i know this guy cant say i like him though ..

added note bobby my brother would get mad at me when i drove his car i was faster in than he .he would get mad when i would tell what to adjust on the car instead of reading the race books idea.s and screw the car up ..finaly i gave up helping him untill a tps race at cc was going to be ..he ask me if i would help him for that race .on one condition i said .shut up let me sit the car back up and drive ..no more mad at me on his first lap his fastest ever ..end of story ..

The other driver you don't like lol

oh ok .he has blond going on white hair .freckles .over weight .blue eyes .cant spell worth a darn ..is that close enough for you ... :lol: ding ding ding .there is a bell ringing upstairs between your ears i can hear it from here ....dont think so hard ..and get your car going ..

• 1 year later...

Drivers Dale Gingrich and Monty Nichols need to be added to the drivers list.

Al and Slick Yeomans were father and son.

Pat, Dale and Neal Flanagan should also be added

Henry Perry as well

Jarrett Rollins, Dubs son

David Horton, mini stock champ I think more than once

Jerry Edwards

Sammy Holland

Bruce Sanders

Wayne Norrell

Mike Denman

Johnny Unitas

Charlie Heflin

David Lehnert

John and Scott Sullivan

Rick, Jim Baldwin

Wayne Norrell

Nook Salge

Johnny Unitas??? He doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame. Come on, some of you guys are just stuck in the good ole days syndrome. Johnny Unitas, did he ever win a race? He's not in the same league as Terry Labonte. And how much did Rick Baldwin (RIP) win???

just alittle narrow minded . ole days sydrome .... ... fact to make it into any hall of fame it takes time to earn a spot . i dont ever recall hearing aboult anyone makeing it into the hall of fame for just showing up one day and saying here i am .. . another thing .this isnt just aboult how many races someone has won ...there are many poeple out there with many years behind the seen who contribute so much time alot of it thankless should get a chance .....look at jimmy the fireman ..he has been a life savior for more years than i can remember .. he has worked hard at and on that track ,,,,noone thought of him .unless i missed it in some other post ... some of the score keepers spent many years up in the booth ,,they should be included ....heck they have not ever been in a racecar .....if you decide on someone for how many races they won .thats your choice . i am alittle more open minded ....anyone who has contributed .to this sport in more ways than just being behind the wheel . should get the same respect....

No, I'm not narrow minded. I started goin' in early 60s and I've seen a lot of these guys but after '88, I pretty much moved on to bigger cities and bigger tracks. Post '88, I haven't seen many CC races pretty much because I'm not into all these varieties of racing that evolved. I was Super Stock (asphalt) or nothing kinda fan. My family was friends with Unitas and his family, the Horners. Great people and tried hard but didn't amount to much in success. Again, Hall of Fame, not by a longshot. A wall of previous racers with photos and Bio, by all means.

If you're adding just anyone, add Nato Rojas. What a junker he put out there. I think he was a worker out at Sammy's junkyard or one of them, I can't remember. The original hispanic giving it his all. I hope that's his name, my dad would remember but then again he's gone and I can't ask him.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived