rules for hobby stock and lmods

in the lmods and hobby stock classes, we are looking into these classes running a opt.1 or opt.2 motor. the opt. 2 motor would be the same as has been running at gator motorplex and other area tracks, the opt. 1 motor would be a 602 crate motor that has been running at hmp. these motors have been tested for several years against each other and are very comparable, the difference is that the 602 crate cost new less than $3500.00 and comes complete, less carb., pulley's, starter, flywheel, exaust, and water pump. it does come sealed complete from the intake to the pan including the timing cover and with the distributor / valve covers.

these motors a so easy to tech and about the only thing you have to remove is the carb. and/or valve covers. they all have there own serial number and are registered to you the owner, you can also find used ones for around $1500.00 / $2000.00 and they are transfered to your name. you can not build a equal hp for hp motor this cheap, it is the most affordable racing around and strongly recommened.

please leave your thoughts about this subject and if you need further information about these motors, feel free to look them up at: www.gmperformance.com or call me, thanks, del harris ;)

sm44, don't count anything out until we have our drivers/owners meeting in oct./nov. this year, we are looking at all options to make for better and more economical racing, nothing is concrete until then, i am just getting input from all sides to determine what's best for all. thanks, del harris

keep the idea's and questions coming and thanks to those who have responded, the more responce, the better we can decide for our future!!!

p.s. just because you run imca or any other sanction, don't mean that you cant run an unsanction track if you want to, if you have a night off somewhere else, then come out and try another track, you may be surprised what you may find.

Del, with Government Motors(GM) now headed the way it is, how long do you think "crate motors" are going to be available?

I also beg to differ with you on the cost/HP issue.

Can you tell I'm not a big "crate motor racing" fan? LMAO :lol:

What you need to do is SERIOUSLY look at all the tracks around at what they run....They will be your available draw racers....Other than HMP I don't know of many(if any, except the Crate Lates @ HRP) that run with crate motor rules.

You want people to be able to run existing equipment and not have to build something that will be exclusive only to one track. As Joe, Wayne and I can attest, IMCA is one of the best programs.

i promoted hrh from 2001 untill 2005 when it was closed, we was running imca mods and lmods, we had a good car count on lmods, but there wasn't a good car count on modifieds, if it wasn't for kenny stone and witt, and a few others, we wouldn't have had but 5-7 mods on a good day, i know bret root very well and we had a good relationship, this does not mean we will not concider imca, we also have gator, 105, hrp, and other tracks to concider. i am lookiing for whats best for all including the track. the track is going to be looking at car count, if imca can guarantee me 10/12 cars a week ( the magic number is 14 ) i will concider it most. i have to look at this as cost effective to the racers and income for the track, that is a must at any track to stay open, unless someone has a better salution with experience.

i like the input from all of you and this does not mean we won't be imca, and please by all means, keep this kind of information coming in, i don't just turn my head and ignore ya'll, i read everyones input and make notes, all of this will come into play at the meeting we will have in oct./nov. this year. please be patient and by no means be negetive about anything, we want hrh to be the best race track in texas, we have a lot of work to do, but with a positive attitude, we can get there, thanks again guy's, del harris ;)

Del, I'm glad you are seeking input from drivers and owners. We raced at HRH once when it was first IMCA. There were some issues with the points then, and we were running for points at another track. I'm sure you will be able to work out any problems before hand and we are willing to give HRH a shot IF it goes IMCA.

Aluminum heads, roller cams, and quick changes are not cost effective to any IMCA racer. I know you want and need good car counts. I like racing against a good field also. Look back and see how well you did with and without IMCA and factor that into you decision also. I know there are many racers that are going to different tracks for whatever reason. The ones I' familiar with are all IMCA and stying that way.

just my 2 cents.

Wayne

Well Del if it's MOD car count you're only interested in look at the Mod numbers(results) for all 4 Houston area tracks......pretty sad(8-10) at each track to begin with(may change in Baytown with Battleground forced to go to Fridays)....That's from using "outlaw" rules!!!

I really don't see HRH drawing from Baytown area anyway. Texana(Edna) is just as close, and pays better than any Texas track I've seen.

I think your biggest draws will be from Waco or Austin depending the rules you incorperate....If it's not IMCA then I'll use a poker analogy.......You're drawing dead! :lol:

Well Del if it's MOD car count you're only interested in look at the Mod numbers(results) for all 4 Houston area tracks......pretty sad(8-10) at each track to begin with(may change in Baytown with Battleground forced to go to Fridays)....That's from using "outlaw" rules!!!

I really don't see HRH drawing from Baytown area anyway. Texana(Edna) is just as close, and pays better than any Texas track I've seen.

I think your biggest draws will be from Waco or Austin depending the rules you incorperate....If it's not IMCA then I'll use a poker analogy.......You're drawing dead! :lol:

reb, it's not just mods, and as many tracks as you have been around, you know what the tracks are looking for in car count to survive, imca may be the way. at this time who knows? it's all classes i am looking into, not just one. you do keep people on there toes though. for our program to work between two different tracks, i have to concider what the other track is running, wether it be, waco, i85, kileen, gator, edna, or who ever. usally the best idea would be the closest track in the area, but not always, thanks, del :blink:

thanks wayne, if kenny, keith, and some of you others that ran there could contact me by phone, i would appreciate it, my number is 281-808-5475, if i don't answer, it don't mean that i am not there, i may be on the phone, please leave your name and number, thanks, del

contact info: Del Harris

2844 IH-45 N.

Huntsville, Texas 77320

936-444-4444 Business

281-808-5475 Cell

www.gullowrecker.com

email: www.pro2000racing@yahoo.com

Archived