classes for 2010 season

I can probably come up with 150 racers all around that want this track to open sanctioned or unsanctioned, but the reality is that most will only race at HRH on an off weekend or just a few times a year. I race different tracks every year and don't commit myself to any track since I come from out of town....I want bellmead to re-open but I won't race there every week.

I think Del should have people say we WILL be there full time if you sanction the track. IMCA certainly has it's advantages but it also comes with a price tag. For a track that has already depleted all of it's monatary resources, I think that the expense of the sanction will be a bit too much to start with it's first year.....JMO

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i would love to see the track go IMCA i have a sport mod and no IMCA track to run at that go's by the rules i am in orange grove tx i go to waco or kileen or i run I37 in pleasanton and if there is a good track out there i will go there yes you have some trouble at all tracks but if the rules are enforced it aint that bad i well have to come and try it out i love going to new tracks got to give them a chance

well alot of us are still waiting for the big question to be ansered??? will HOTRODHILL realy open??? If it takes till January for the courts to decide Wayne wont have long to get the track ready,Del where is the money gonna come from to get it in shape,and if people have to change things on there cars to fit the rules that we dont even have yet how will we have time.For people on a budget like me who cant afford these cratemotors.and lets get real for me i know first hand ive raced there and some peoples cars will be over looked just like gattor and 105 thats why to me outlaw might be the best way!!! run what you brung and if you cant keep up build a better motor that way if you get last there wont be anybody to blame but you

• 3 weeks later...

i can't speed up the court process and we will not act on not knowing, a lot of people have the same question, i have no answer until i have an answer, do like most other poeple that ask this same question, have patients, you are the only one on this forum that post so many negetive questions, if the court desides to uphold the closure, then we still could not open hrh, we are hopeful this will not happen. wayne is doing all he can with his lawyer working daily to make all turn out right. i don't mind the questions, but call me on the phone and i promise i will keep you up to date, thanks for being patient, del ph.# 281-808-5475 ;)

i can't speed up the court process and we will not act on not knowing, a lot of people have the same question, i have no answer until i have an answer, do like most other poeple that ask this same question, have patients, you are the only one on this forum that post so many negetive questions, if the court desides to uphold the closure, then we still could not open hrh, we are hopeful this will not happen. wayne is doing all he can with his lawyer working daily to make all turn out right. i don't mind the questions, but call me on the phone and i promise i will keep you up to date, thanks for being patient, del ph.# 281-808-5475 ;)

i dont look at it as being negetive,you want to know about what classes to runand get everybody thinking about all this stuff but no body even knows if the track will even open.you said on here you would know by monday and it has come and gone.we just want to know,trust me i want the track to open as much as you do!!! me and my brother put anywhere from 20 to 30 people in those stands almost every saturday night we were there.i got family calling me all the time asking me if i have heard any thing yet,so all i am doing is asking question just like you ar asking what we want to see at the track,so im sorry you take it as being negative.and being patient is some thing im not good at..

sir, i still have a phone, if you have time to write on this forum, you should have time to dial the phone, 281-808-5475, i'll do my best to explain where you can understand why it is taking so long and why it didn't happen that monday, i'm just a phone call away, thanks, del :unsure:

thanks rob, i have your phone number and will call as soon as i know something, you keep in touch with me so i will know what ya'll are doing, thanks again, del :P

• 1 month later...

i'll do my best to get in touch with wayne and see if there is any progress, i'm like all of you, i'm in the blind too, i will post something real soon, thanks, del

• 2 weeks later...

Well I for one really like to give my opinion and most of the time it's unwanted. So you asked for it: for starters I think it's a big mistake to include big mods in your weekly show, but instead only for your "specials". Second I'm hoping, (lala land here) there is a track with the cahoonas to reel in the limited modifieds.

Start with reversing some of the changes, the first would be going back to the original headers, and quite possibly mandating radials again with the possibility of the G60 as an option. This way if there is a racer out there who wants to run the McCreary he can run the g60 over the kk704.

Third I believe there should be an increase in weight up to 2450 or even 2500lbs.

Fourth and the last thing I can think of right off hand would be the elimination of high dollar rebuildable shocks, I see where AFCO just came out with thier new shock and it's almost $300 each. So on this last item I believe "stock" oem type shocks with possible Monroe and Gabriel type brand part numbers mandated.

Lastly I think it's in a tracks best interest to invest in the Classes of the future. I believe these classes to be of the smaller sort, Dwarfs, Mini-Sprints, Front drive mini bombers. (Something that fit's on a single axel trailer or in the bed of a pickup.) These smaller cars emit less emissions and are cheaper to haul on the freeway. (Albiet Dwarfs with huge mufflers and I have yet to see a smaller cc dwarf or bomber dwarf using oem parts with a heavier weight for our young rookies.)

I agree and disagree with u on some of the changing to the limited mods. I second the use of the g60 tires,that will slow the cars down and take the people that are building really big expensive and illegal motors from being able to buy theirs wins so to speak. you will only be able to put so much power to the ground with those tires and it will put the handling back in the racers control with the throttle. I also agree on the shocks, only stock mountable shocks like the ones from bilstein we ran when class first started/no rebuildable shocks. The header rule is ok I like running my under chassis headers,I got tired of replacing the other headers that go straight out, i must have went through 2 pairs a year due to getting hit and bent. some cars due weigh 2400 or more and they still win the weight will not slow them down as much as running harder tires.

The limited mods pull good crowds and have very close and exciting race.Myself personally cant

stand the minisprints or dwarfcars,they spin out all the time and take forever to get done with there feature. but thats just my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

if you built your car not knowing if or when the track was going to open, you should have read some of my other post, and if you built it to the rules from gator or 105 rules, why would you sell it? i told everyone from the start exactly what was going on and wild44 is the only one that built a car to only run hot rod hill knowing it's possible that it don't open. it sounds like another case of bashing to me, but i would not tell everyone what you are posting and maybe enjoy the harley with some nice chrome from the money you get from selling the racecar, thanks del :ph34r:

p.s. check your spelling on chassis, i think thats what you meant?

Well well........... My its been along time.

I want to see those race cars a runnin.......runnin round that hill...... I wanna see ole

Wayne Brown smiling and counting up his Til ;) The BBQ pit is waiting and so is the Beer,

Time for a backyard cookout at the Hill my dear. I miss the smell of racefuel burning in the

air , I do miss it so I swear. I miss ole Sparky Marky and Kryptonite I do. I even miss ole

Phantom 409 and Mrs & Mrs. Huff its true. I miss the ole races we had in 2005, So tell them judges to break a leg, For races at the "HILL" i wanna see em LIVE. Can I get a Hell Yeahhh on that one boys (ladies too)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DAKING~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ya'lls just to funny, i mis you folks, we did have a good time at the hill, you never know how much until it's gone, wayne tells me that the judge said he thinks it's as good as done, but it ain't on paper yet, we still hope something can happen soon. wayne said he had equipment to break up the track and keep it rolled in, said he was going to keep working on it. he still has to take care of joan and that is his number 1 priority, he's stood by her condition as she has lost most of her memory. most people would have givin up and put her in a home, but wayne said it's his obligation and he loves her to take care of her, i can applaud him for that. the last 5 years has been very hard for wayne, but lets just pray for him and his family that all will become well. i hope to see ya'll soon at the hill, thanks, del :rolleyes:

Well I don't know about you all but I am bored as hell. If there anything I can do as far as helping plz let me know. I am pretty handy at a few things......drinkin beer, cookin BBQ ....:P But seriously if there is anything I can do to help get the track and grounds back in shape,please let me know here. I'll shoot you a phone number (my cell). Good luck and good seeing ya Mr. Del (let em go)

Mike

P.s. Where o where has my dirt racin gone... oh where oh where can it be?............... BRYAN, TEXAS I hope !! yall be good !!

Archived